Conquer Club

Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 am

Lootifer wrote:
kratos644 wrote:Honestly this doesn't convince me of anything. As Nark said, only town would be forced to follow the restriction. If you were mafia and you got this of course you would post town at the beginning of your posts to mislead the giver of the restriction.
Hotshot, Jonty, and Greg are my current targets.

I agree with those three. Hotshot was my strongest for a few comments (that and Greg and Jonty have a couple of maybe-could-be-town-tells tells) but tipped it with what could be a slip:

Hotshot wrote:He gets roles on his side as he recruits.

Oh you know that for sure do you?

vote Hotshot

No, I don't know that for sure... I just thought that's how a recruiting role worked in general, when they only start with one person. This and the other game I'm in are the first ones I've played here so far, so I just assumed from everyone else's posts that's how recruiters worked here normally.

Does it ever not work like that?
Major HotShot53

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Does it ever not work like that?

Sometimes cultees don't retain their powers.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Lootifer on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Can we get a run down of who people would lynch? Need to put some pressure on today if we want to get some responses before cut off.

Hotshot is still my #1

Would entertain arguments for Jonty and Greg.

There has been something funny with both Nark and Mets' playstyles that perks my interest, but nothing concrete to work with.

Virus sounds legit; his play has been fairly consistent. Having said that we could be underestimating him here. He could have just played a solid game.

Spiesr and Kratos both started as town imo; either of them may have been recriuted but I dont favor lynching them as if they are scum they are only recruitee scum.

And as usual, me? Well im fucking awesome.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby spiesr on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Lootifer wrote:Can we get a run down of who people would lynch? Need to put some pressure on today if we want to get some responses before cut off.
By my understanding of James' post we passed the deadline over 12 hours ago, so I don't think anything is getting done anymore today.
jonty125 wrote:vote no lynch we're too close too deadline, to start and collapse a wagon if needed.
Hang on, I don't understand why we need to be able to "collapse" a wagon. It appears that in this game a No Lynch is enforced if nobody has the required majority at the deadline. As such there would be no need to remove votes from a player if we decide not to lynch them. I agree that when you posted this we were not likely to get a lynch before the deadline but your action and the stated logic don't make any sense here.
Captain spiesr

Postby Lootifer on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Depends if he meant Wed or the 3rd. Since they are both different things.

I am hoping for Wed as no lynch is NOT a good option right now.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby virus90 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:37 pm

also hope for midnight 4 -> 5 dec. since previous time deadline was wednesday (in my memory) i guess its like that again.

@lootifier,

i would vote hotshot, gregwolf at this point.
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm assuming it is Wednesday also, since the mod hasn't been online recently, so it wouldn't be so good to get the daycop results just before the deadline... if he doesn't get on until the deadline I'd suggest extending the deadline so we can decide what to do with the results (hopefully that the daycop guessed right and we can lynch the recruiter).

Obviously I'd vote for greg, since I have already. I could be convinced to vote for jonty also, as was said previously if he is scum he can ignore the post restriction and could just be posting town to throw us off, and he hasn't made any claims about any info or role yet, so voting to at least get a roleclaim could be good. I know I'm town so I wouldn't vote for myself lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:03 pm

right now my top suspects are kratos, jonty and hotshot, mostly because none of them have claimed, i know that jonty has the post restriction but i agree that it could be a lie.
so hotshot your saying that you think the daycop has sent in an action this close to the deadline, i'll say again i believe that the daycop was a one time thing, other wise they would have used it before. mostly i can't see them waiting till right before the deadline to use it.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:right now my top suspects are kratos, jonty and hotshot, mostly because none of them have claimed, i know that jonty has the post restriction but i agree that it could be a lie.
so hotshot your saying that you think the daycop has sent in an action this close to the deadline, i'll say again i believe that the daycop was a one time thing, other wise they would have used it before. mostly i can't see them waiting till right before the deadline to use it.

I haven't claimed? Sure I haven't flat out claimed and said my role but I'm pretty sure everyone but you knows my role at this point. I can only assume you've been skimming pretty bad to not know my role at this point...
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Lootifer on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Well Greg has 1, VIrus has 1 and Hotshot has 1.

Lets throw some votes up I reckon.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

I don't think I can get a virus lynch at this point, and I'm not sold on Hotshot, so...

UNVOTE
VOTE GREG
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:54 am

vote hotshot
Major virus90

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 am

spiesr wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Can we get a run down of who people would lynch? Need to put some pressure on today if we want to get some responses before cut off.
By my understanding of James' post we passed the deadline over 12 hours ago, so I don't think anything is getting done anymore today.
jonty125 wrote:vote no lynch we're too close too deadline, to start and collapse a wagon if needed.
Hang on, I don't understand why we need to be able to "collapse" a wagon. It appears that in this game a No Lynch is enforced if nobody has the required majority at the deadline. As such there would be no need to remove votes from a player if we decide not to lynch them. I agree that when you posted this we were not likely to get a lynch before the deadline but your action and the stated logic don't make any sense here.

Town. Bleh, I'm in too many games with too many different voting rules.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 pm

kratos644 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:right now my top suspects are kratos, jonty and hotshot, mostly because none of them have claimed, i know that jonty has the post restriction but i agree that it could be a lie.

I haven't claimed? Sure I haven't flat out claimed and said my role but I'm pretty sure everyone but you knows my role at this point. I can only assume you've been skimming pretty bad to not know my role at this point...

yes you have hinted at what your role is, but its very easy to soft claim something your not in order to throw off town, so since i don't have a solid claim your still on my list of suspects.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 pm

I would like to see an OFFICIAL vote count before I do anything here...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:10 pm

virus90 wrote:
i would vote hotshot, gregwolf at this point.

Going back through the last few pages... These are the only two I would vote... I would actually prefer Hotshot to Gregwolf.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:19 pm

No one has made a particularly strong case against either of them. My only motivation for picking greg is that he's pursuing this case againt kratos, which to me is a non-starter (yes he may have been recruited, but other than that there's every reason to believe he started as town).

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:34 pm

we have to hurry up, there is no strong case from my side, except that neither of them has claimed, and i hope one of them will, but there refusal to do so makes them more suspicious to me. i am ok with switching to greg, we got to lynch someone in my opinion, if 1 of the 2 is the recuriter the odds are pretty good.
Major virus90

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Why is no one listening to my theory that there is no recruiter? :P

Postby Lootifer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:55 pm

I may be guilty of skimming, but where have you listed this theory?
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Also, I just realized something obvious related to Loot's claim (forgive me if someone already pointed this out): suppose there are more than one Vanilla Townie #X (this seems logical, given that Loot was not #1, so there probably is a #1). Then, that logically means there's some sort of mechanism that automatically recruits people to the mafia.

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=198505&start=300#p4354026

Postby Lootifer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Lootifer wrote:
kratos644 wrote:Honestly this doesn't convince me of anything. As Nark said, only town would be forced to follow the restriction. If you were mafia and you got this of course you would post town at the beginning of your posts to mislead the giver of the restriction.
Hotshot, Jonty, and Greg are my current targets.

I agree with those three. Hotshot was my strongest for a few comments (that and Greg and Jonty have a couple of maybe-could-be-town-tells tells) but tipped it with what could be a slip:

Hotshot wrote:He gets roles on his side as he recruits.

Oh you know that for sure do you?

vote Hotshot

No, I don't know that for sure... I just thought that's how a recruiting role worked in general, when they only start with one person. This and the other game I'm in are the first ones I've played here so far, so I just assumed from everyone else's posts that's how recruiters worked here normally.

Does it ever not work like that?

Ok furthering my case on Hotshot. I believe this post to be further evidence. Instinctively it seems like a good option to divert attention away with a throw-away question (its what I would first think of doing in scums position) about mechanics. My gut is screaming Hotshot.

@ Nark can you throw up a vote so we can get a claim (either way you vote goes would put it at L-2 so no issue with quick lynch).
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Also, I just realized something obvious related to Loot's claim (forgive me if someone already pointed this out): suppose there are more than one Vanilla Townie #X (this seems logical, given that Loot was not #1, so there probably is a #1). Then, that logically means there's some sort of mechanism that automatically recruits people to the mafia.

Ah right, but there was still one mafia on D1 (cue Kratos) so even if its automatic theres some kind of leader person we need to nab.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=198505&start=300#p4354026
If that is the case then how could town win anymore? If recruitment isn't tied to a particular member then wouldn't we be screwed the moment we failed to win with the Day 1 lynch?

Also Vote Hotshot since Lootifer requested it.
Captain spiesr

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Lootifer wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Ah right, but there was still one mafia on D1 (cue Kratos) so even if its automatic theres some kind of leader person we need to nab.

Perhaps, but it means that you shouldn't be so quick to blow off the importance of killing off the recruitees.

spiesr wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=198505&start=300#p4354026
If that is the case then how could town win anymore? If recruitment isn't tied to a particular member then wouldn't we be screwed the moment we failed to win with the Day 1 lynch?

A couple things. 1) I didn't say recruitment isn't tied to a particular player, I just said that this player (if he exists) does not choose the recruits. 2) The recruitment might shut off or change form after a certain time period. We only have claims up to VT#3, which means that perhaps the mafia is guaranteed only up to three.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives