Conquer Club

Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:21 pm

but then they should not "recruit" or get another 1 each night. cause else you kill 1 and 1 pops up then youre never going to win
Major virus90

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:A couple things. 1) I didn't say recruitment isn't tied to a particular player, I just said that this player (if he exists) does not choose the recruits.
If it is tied to a particular player then whether or not they actually chose their recruits they are still effectively the recruiter for our purposes.
Captain spiesr

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:34 pm

virus90 wrote:but then they should not "recruit" or get another 1 each night. cause else you kill 1 and 1 pops up then youre never going to win

Only if it happens every night. Perhaps it only happens the first two nights.

Also, you claim to have known since D1 for sure that there's a recruiter. Rather suspicious of you not to be using that as your first argument right now.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:41 pm

is spiesr voting hotshot and we think he is the recruited, is it then A a brilliant move, we might switch target, hotshot is the recruiter, or B spiesr is not recruited? or C hotshot is not the recruiter and the recruited spiesr hence can safely vote on hotshot.

place your bets in 3....
?
Major virus90

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:No one has made a particularly strong case against either of them. My only motivation for picking greg is that he's pursuing this case againt kratos, which to me is a non-starter (yes he may have been recruited, but other than that there's every reason to believe he started as town).

ummm i haven't made a case against kratos, i said i suspected him of being scum, i've made no case therefore your reasons for voting me are null and void.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 pm

I suppose I should claim now before you all make a huge mistake and lynch the daycop lol. No, it's not a 1-shot action... but James hasn't read my message since I sent it to him monday, so he apparently been online to post the result yet. I am researching gregwolf as you'd expect, so when the results come out you'll know I'm telling the truth about who I am. I was hoping to not have to claim so the recruiter wouldn't know who I was... so we better lynch him today.

James, can we get an extension since you haven't been online to post the daycop results? We need at least a day after the results to do something with them.

Either Greg is the scum, and lynching him will be an easy choice after the results, or else I'd go for jonty as a backup choice if the daycop results show greg is clean.
Major HotShot53

Postby Lootifer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Interesting

I shall unvote for now.

I need to think on this. And yes an extension would be lovely; prob only need a day or 2 though?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:08 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:No one has made a particularly strong case against either of them. My only motivation for picking greg is that he's pursuing this case againt kratos, which to me is a non-starter (yes he may have been recruited, but other than that there's every reason to believe he started as town).

ummm i haven't made a case against kratos, i said i suspected him of being scum, i've made no case therefore your reasons for voting me are null and void.

kratos, would you be willing to full claim and set this issue to rest? If you're a VT and everyone knows it, town doesn't lose anything from your claim.

Postby kratos644 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:

kratos, would you be willing to full claim and set this issue to rest? If you're a VT and everyone knows it, town doesn't lose anything from your claim.

Sure. I am Vanilla Townie #1. On day one I knew how many mafia were alive and as I said at the beginning of day 2 that number was 1 mafia. I wasn't allowed to share this info until day 2 which is why it waited until then.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:07 am

unvote

and i think an extension would be the only reasonable thing if actions that have been send have not been posted.
Major virus90

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:42 am

Town.

So now it seems we wait for the mod.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:52 am

HotShot53 wrote:Soā€¦ for right now, my main suspicion is raised by Gregwolf121 for his extremely generic posts and just going with the flow. Iā€™d suggest that he be researched by the daycop or nightcop or anyone else who can find out info on him. I have no clue who might have been recruited though.

Any disagreements about my thoughts or conclusions?

I'm a little curious as to why HotShot was forecasting his investigation basically as soon as he joined.

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:50 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Soā€¦ for right now, my main suspicion is raised by Gregwolf121 for his extremely generic posts and just going with the flow. Iā€™d suggest that he be researched by the daycop or nightcop or anyone else who can find out info on him. I have no clue who might have been recruited though.

Any disagreements about my thoughts or conclusions?

I'm a little curious as to why HotShot was forecasting his investigation basically as soon as he joined.

I wanted to see if I was way off on my reasoning before I did the investigation... in a game this small, the investigation could very well win or lose the game depending what it shows, so if there was someone more suspicious I wanted to know to change it to them before sending it in.
Major HotShot53

Postby Lootifer on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Also the third person speech makes sense in the context to me. Such a high value PR needs to be protected... Right hotshot?
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:28 pm

...... Still no mod?
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spiesr on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:46 pm

His last post was on the 1st. He missed a bunch of turns in his games and has been reported "missing" by both the TO's & Team CC. Right now it looks like mcshanester29 is taking his turns. Perhaps he might know what has become of him?
Captain spiesr

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:11 pm

spiesr wrote:His last post was on the 1st. He missed a bunch of turns in his games and has been reported "missing" by both the TO's & Team CC. Right now it looks like mcshanester29 is taking his turns. Perhaps he might know what has become of him?

I hope he is OK... It isn't like him to not leave a post saying he will be gone for a while. I will PM mcshanester29
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:17 pm

so how are we gonna solve this? ask a third person to take over modding? seems like james is gone. or did you hear something anarkist?
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:19 pm

virus90 wrote:so how are we gonna solve this? ask a third person to take over modding? seems like james is gone. or did you hear something anarkist?

Nobody knows where he is or how he is doing. Unless someone else has his character list, though, nobody else COULD moderate. Even if they wanted to
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm

if we all send in the pm's we got from him truthfully, that could work maybe? its not like the roles change later in the game, not that i know of, except for first-2nd night some people (all?) had restrictions, but that was in the PM as well.
Major virus90

Postby spiesr on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:03 pm

What we have seen of the game so far suggests that there is "stuff" that none of the players know. So handing it off to a new mod seems impossible unless James were to do it himself.
Captain spiesr

Postby Lootifer on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 pm

:(

I hope he's ok and comes back in the NY.

Merry Christmas all :)
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am

What say we at least name our roles? Because I am dying to know who the baddies were....
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kratos644 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:59 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:What say we at least name our roles? Because I am dying to know who the baddies were....

I say we at least wait til the new year. If he's not back then we all quote our role pm's and see who was what.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives