Conquer Club

[Medal] Suggestion Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 am

oops ... I meant for rdsrds (BMO) to leak. I take your point chap and now I'll stop derailing this thread!

So back to the suggestions medal, I'm thinking that to get it:

1. There would have to be an implemented idea;
2. The recipient of the idea (preferably the person who came up with the idea) was integral to its implementation (followed the chat throughout and otherwise made a significant material contribution to the issue); and
3. The implemented idea was (at the discretion of the Suggs team) considered to be a material worthwhile idea for the good of the whole CC community (and not just some side issue only relevant to the person who suggested it).

But I'm uncertain if that covers everything.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 am

thehippo8 wrote:oops ... I meant for rdsrds (BMO) to leak. I take your point chap and now I'll stop derailing this thread!

2. The recipient of the idea (preferably the person who came up with the idea) was integral to its implementation (followed the chat throughout and otherwise made a significant material contribution to the issue); and
3. The implemented idea was (at the discretion of the Suggs team) considered to be a material worthwhile idea for the good of the whole CC community (and not just some side issue only relevant to the person who suggested it).

i don't like point 3.

Admin have decided it was worthwhile for the whole of CC by implementing it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 am

greenoaks wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:oops ... I meant for rdsrds (BMO) to leak. I take your point chap and now I'll stop derailing this thread!

i don't like point 3.

Admin have decided it was worthwhile for the whole of CC by implementing it.

I don't think there have been any implemented suggestions that didn't benefit the community.

I'm not saying there weren't problems, I'm just saying changes haven't went against the people.
Private blakebowling

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 am

Lol ... aha ... You have a point. So delete point 3 then.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:18 am

so it shouldn't be up to Suggestion mods to determine if an idea if worthy - it's implementation is proof it is.

what the mods here need to decide is who qualifies for a medal because of its implementation.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 am

greenoaks wrote:so it shouldn't be up to Suggestion mods to determine if an idea if worthy - it's implementation is proof it is.

what the mods here need to decide is who qualifies for a medal because of its implementation.

Right. Keep this kind of thinking up and we just might have to give you one ;).
Private blakebowling

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:03 am

Not all suggestions affect the entire CC community. Sometimes suggestions only target certain areas of expertise such at the suggestion to get rid of bans for using love chat colors https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=150283

This suggestion only helped people who use live chat which is only a fraction of CC users.
Major nicestash

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 am

nicestash wrote:Not all suggestions affect the entire CC community. Sometimes suggestions only target certain areas of expertise such at the suggestion to get rid of bans for using love chat colors https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=150283

This suggestion only helped people who use live chat which is only a fraction of CC users.

Right, but this didn't hurt any users either (i.e. for the users it didn't benefit, it was neutral)
Private blakebowling

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

It's still not for the common good. If CC gave me a free membership, it'd help me, but it wouldn't be good for the whole of CC; it'd just be neutral.
That being said, I don't think rule #3 should be in place.
Major nicestash

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 am

can we get this moved to Submitted and a design worked on.

rds already gives out medals for suggestions so the first recipients would be those having their General Achievement/Contributions medals converted to the new Suggs medal.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

greenoaks, I hand out a Yoshi award for Suggestions, and can say with great experience, it is almost impossible to determine who deserves recognition in most of the cases.

Even if we just give an award to the OP, I don't support the suggestion, since most of the OPs of our awards were very brief users of the site and don't even care about the awards (as they may never know they got the award).
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:26 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:greenoaks, I hand out a Yoshi award for Suggestions, and can say with great experience, it is almost impossible to determine who deserves recognition in most of the cases.

Even if we just give an award to the OP, I don't support the suggestion, since most of the OPs of our awards were very brief users of the site and don't even care about the awards (as they may never know they got the award).

yet GC's are already given out for contributions to Suggestions. i have received one. so have others.

so it can be done. it just seems the current Sugs mods don't want to.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:greenoaks, I hand out a Yoshi award for Suggestions, and can say with great experience, it is almost impossible to determine who deserves recognition in most of the cases.

yet GC's are already given out for contributions to Suggestions. i have received one. so have others.

so it can be done. it just seems the current Sugs mods don't want to.

If there were loads to give out, I would be in favor of it. Heck, I'm probably still in favor anyway, but how many GCs have been given for suggestions? My generous guess is less than 20 all time. I think it's just not as pressing a need as other things, that's my stance on it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:53 pm

JamesKer1 says this has been implemented. :?

Zombie Spoils, Parachute Reinforcements. Am i getting any ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm

greenoaks wrote:JamesKer1 says this has been implemented. :?

Zombie Spoils, Parachute Reinforcements. Am i getting any ?

You said yourself that you had already received some in the form of GC's, look above. I'm done with this argument, PM me if you would like or drop it, please. This forum doesn't need more random off-topic talk.

You may see some coming your way, however, there are many candidates for these medals.

I personally like the actual suggestion, but lots of guidelines will need to be in place so this forum doesn't get spammed.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby spiesr on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:05 pm

There is no separate "Suggestions Medal". The department has the ability to hand out General Contribution medals. The current policy for doing so is not that every implemented suggestion gets a medal.
Captain spiesr

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:12 pm

spiesr wrote:There is no separate "Suggestions Medal". The department has the ability to hand out General Contribution medals. The current policy for doing so is not that every implemented suggestion gets a medal.

we are well aware there is no seperate medal hence this suggestion. the current policy seems to be NO medals are handed out.

i don't understand why contributors in this forum are treated so poorly when Tournaments have a scoreboard, Clans are making great strides on theirs, Foundry is discussing one and here, a thankyou is not given let alone displayed on an board of honour.

this suggestion is about taking the first step in rectifing that.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm

greenoaks wrote:
spiesr wrote:There is no separate "Suggestions Medal". The department has the ability to hand out General Contribution medals. The current policy for doing so is not that every implemented suggestion gets a medal.

we are well aware there is no seperate medal hence this suggestion. the current policy seems to be NO medals are handed out.

i don't understand why contributors in this forum are treated so poorly when Tournaments have a scoreboard, Clans are making great strides on theirs, Foundry is discussing one and here, a thankyou is not given let alone displayed on an board of honour.

We will not issue a separate suggestions medal. However, I can state that it is the policy of my tenure as team leader that general contribution medals will be awarded on a regular basis to those users that had a significant contribution to a suggestion that was implemented. Actually, you earned one for Parachute -- I thought I gave it to you already, but I guess I overlooked it. Awarding now.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

We will not issue a separate suggestions medal. However, I can state that it is the policy of my tenure as team leader that general contribution medals will be awarded on a regular basis to those users that had a significant contribution to a suggestion that was implemented. Actually, you earned one for Parachute -- I thought I gave it to you already, but I guess I overlooked it. Awarding now.

Really cool that you guys are doing this. Good luck keeping on top of it :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:20 am

agentcom wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

+1

A "Roll of Honour" actually sounds like a decent idea.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

+1

A "Roll of Honour" actually sounds like a decent idea.

Yes, I've been thinking about making a thread here to document who has earned the medals. Good idea?

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:09 am

that depends, will i be getting a medal for my Zombie Spoils suggestion since you gave me one for my Paratroop Reinforcement suggestion?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:45 pm

greenoaks wrote:that depends, will i be getting a medal for my Zombie Spoils suggestion since you gave me one for my Paratroop Reinforcement suggestion?

Yes.

Suggestion Medal

Postby universalchiro on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:24 am

Concise description:
  • Provide a medal to the originator of an implemented suggestion (retroactive). Sometimes a reward motives people, CC provides medals to map makers and this helps motivate new maps. CC providing a suggestions medal may motivate some great ideas to come forward from the minds of CC players.

Specifics/Details:
  • When a suggestion is implemented, the originator of the suggestion is awarded a medal for improving the the site however beneficial. The medal can be one general medal to represent any chance implemented, or a choice of different medals to represent changes to specific ares of CC. Such as TBD

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This may motivate other players to bring forth their ideas to enhance, augment or improve the experience playing and visiting Conquer Club. What hidden gem of an idea is stored in the mind of the shy or unmotivated player, this could bring forth that brilliant idea of solving world peace, world hunger, cancer, or at least improve Conquer Club:D .
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby spiesr on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Suggestions