Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:28 am

new guy1 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:I agree, we have ALL been lazy... What irritates me most is that this is what happens in far too many mafia games... When you only have four or five people who consistently post, and they run out of ideas or arguments, then the game stalls.

Personally, I want to vote Jonty just because he still hasn't taken Gregwolfs vote off of me yet.

I also don't want to bandwagon virus, because I don't really feel that it is a strong enough case, and, if things continue on like they have, then he will be the one lynched anyway due to the vote countdown...

The following people have posted very little and should be prodded or replaced.
2) new guy1
10) Commander9
12) ghostly447
15) JamesKer1
19) ga7

Yeah, I havent posted much this game. I have posted more than several people though, and youve played at least two games with me prior to this one, and in both I told you my play style. I posted saying my vote was staying, and it will till jonty's defense sways me or until a better case arises.

Ultimately, it's not a question of not having something to talk about. We have at least two cases here, everyone should have an opinion on which is better, or another one if they have it. It's not like nobody is saying anything and it's difficult to contribute.
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 am

safariguy5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:I agree, we have ALL been lazy... What irritates me most is that this is what happens in far too many mafia games... When you only have four or five people who consistently post, and they run out of ideas or arguments, then the game stalls.

Personally, I want to vote Jonty just because he still hasn't taken Gregwolfs vote off of me yet.

I also don't want to bandwagon virus, because I don't really feel that it is a strong enough case, and, if things continue on like they have, then he will be the one lynched anyway due to the vote countdown...

The following people have posted very little and should be prodded or replaced.
2) new guy1
10) Commander9
12) ghostly447
15) JamesKer1
19) ga7

Yeah, I havent posted much this game. I have posted more than several people though, and youve played at least two games with me prior to this one, and in both I told you my play style. I posted saying my vote was staying, and it will till jonty's defense sways me or until a better case arises.

Ultimately, it's not a question of not having something to talk about. We have at least two cases here, everyone should have an opinion on which is better, or another one if they have it. It's not like nobody is saying anything and it's difficult to contribute.

I agree. I have my opinion out there, so more people need to come back and give their takes on them. I was actually quite active till everyone started moving around as a part of jonty's claim. After that, there was nothing for me to say besides responding to the other case, which I feel like I addressed in a sentence that gathered my opinions and thoughts together to say basically I wasnt moving, but I cant remember, Ill check when Im not on my phone.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:38 am

The biggest problem that I see with your response, Newguy, is that you are basically saying, "Yes, I am scummarining..."

You are obviously watching the thread, or else you would not have posted so quickly. For that, thank you. However, it is usually scum that watches the thread and doesn't post, which is my total definition of scummarining. I will assume you are not, as you did post and you are correct about being far more active than other players.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby new guy1 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:The biggest problem that I see with your response, Newguy, is that you are basically saying, "Yes, I am scummarining..."

You are obviously watching the thread, or else you would not have posted so quickly. For that, thank you. However, it is usually scum that watches the thread and doesn't post, which is my total definition of scummarining. I will assume you are not, as you did post and you are correct about being far more active than other players.

Well I will respond to that with... kind of.

I watch all day every day, but I have several other games I play online that I switch to and class to take my finals in, little bit of homework here and there, so I can respond rather quickly so long as I am making a quick glance of a refresh of the game. That said, I had many other things on that list. I didnt include studying, socializing, or any of that. With all that, I am less inclined to make a game winning post (or a post at all) when a game has started to stall because nobody is bouncing ideas and I already keep track of other things. I dont bounce ideas off myself very well, so that is why my posts come when others post. I read frequently, I post when everyone posts, or try to at least.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 1

Postby rishaed on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Minister Masket wrote:If you two had unvoted there, you might have forced a sudden death dealy. Maybe next time eh?

Lynch Time!

safariguy5 - 1(rishaed)
virus90 - 1 (Flores)
FloresDelMal - 1 (Commander)
edocsil - 3 (James, jonty, Nark)
HotShot53 - 1 (epic pie)

With 3 votes, edocsil is Lynched!

Ok, so I'm gonna start building a case from the last lynch.
We lynched Edoc with three votes, a few attempted No lynch Votes (some shenanagins happening do to lack of unvotes), but out of that there were 20 players at that point, 3 of them convinced enough to lynch edoc and 17 not. Of those 17, 3 attempted no lynch votes. 2 requested Extensions/voting changes, one of which was me. The other being Comm.

show

Obviously he wasn't too impressed with the edoc case, but what makes me wonder is that he knew that Edoc was gonna get lynched by midnight, and all he did was ask for an extension.

However quite a few of the other people, Im knocking off Flores/IB for recent posts which have earned them brownie points by me recently. Im also not sold on the virus case though it is a good attempt by kratos.

Also Prods to:
TWO, Nag , ghostly (newguy where in the world did your brother go?), Comm9, and a few others. Most of us haven't posted in 4-6 days which with the ticking time bomb on our hand is going to lead us to another D1 experience.

I will give props to Nark though, HEs got close to 3 pages of posts, which is more than just about anyone this entire game. Which leaves me pretty ashamed of my lack of posting recently.
Overall though I want to Vote Comm9 for knowing edoc was going to be lynched, disagreeing with the case, but not acting to prevent the lynch. Overall it just shows he didn't care but wanted to show that he did.
fp'd
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:30 pm

I am always one of the most active players... It's why I get so frustrated with people who sign up and have no intention of playing... Back in the day, we used to blackball people who constantly signed up and never contributed... I think we should get back to that... Sorry, but if you don't have ten minutes every other day to play a game that is totally forum based like this, than you shouldn't be playing.

So, Rishaed, you don't think that Com9 cared even though he was the other guy who asked for an extension? Maybe... It would be an excellent way for scum to maintain a positive profile while not really contributing much, which is usually how I find mafia.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Nark, if it gets your pants in a twist, I'll move greg's vote.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby nagerous on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:00 pm

rishaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:If you two had unvoted there, you might have forced a sudden death dealy. Maybe next time eh?

Lynch Time!

safariguy5 - 1(rishaed)
virus90 - 1 (Flores)
FloresDelMal - 1 (Commander)
edocsil - 3 (James, jonty, Nark)
HotShot53 - 1 (epic pie)

With 3 votes, edocsil is Lynched!

Ok, so I'm gonna start building a case from the last lynch.
We lynched Edoc with three votes, a few attempted No lynch Votes (some shenanagins happening do to lack of unvotes), but out of that there were 20 players at that point, 3 of them convinced enough to lynch edoc and 17 not. Of those 17, 3 attempted no lynch votes. 2 requested Extensions/voting changes, one of which was me. The other being Comm.

show

Obviously he wasn't too impressed with the edoc case, but what makes me wonder is that he knew that Edoc was gonna get lynched by midnight, and all he did was ask for an extension.

However quite a few of the other people, Im knocking off Flores/IB for recent posts which have earned them brownie points by me recently. Im also not sold on the virus case though it is a good attempt by kratos.

Also Prods to:
TWO, Nag , ghostly (newguy where in the world did your brother go?), Comm9, and a few others. Most of us haven't posted in 4-6 days which with the ticking time bomb on our hand is going to lead us to another D1 experience.

I will give props to Nark though, HEs got close to 3 pages of posts, which is more than just about anyone this entire game. Which leaves me pretty ashamed of my lack of posting recently.
Overall though I want to Vote Comm9 for knowing edoc was going to be lynched, disagreeing with the case, but not acting to prevent the lynch. Overall it just shows he didn't care but wanted to show that he did.
fp'd

What could he have done to prevent the lynch?
Captain nagerous

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm

nagerous wrote:
What could he have done to prevent the lynch?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering... he wasn't voting for the lynch, so what more could he do except ask for an extension? James wasn't here any more, so his vote wasn't going to be removed unfortunately... so the real culprits for the lynching are jonty and nark. Nobody seems to be questioning Nark much, and jonty half cleared himself with the role claim.

At this point I'm still FOS jonty because I don't trust that he's as blue as his post showed, unless a good argument is made against someone else
Major HotShot53

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm really torn between putting my vote back on Jonty and putting it on the Virus case. The thing that really got me with Virus was how quickly he threw an OMGUS vote at Saf. That just really seemed... poorly thought out. But, my doubt on Jonty just isn't going way.

jonty125 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:So why should we believe that you are town?

TBH, I'm survived this long, I am town, so I don't have problem with greg saying who we wants to vote, and then I tell the mod, to tell greg, to vote who greg said.

This just seems to trying to paint himself in good light "I haven't made him vote someone he doesn't want to, I must be good!". A mafia in your position would be doing the same, trying to appear good.

Unless something really compelling comes up.. Ill Vote: Jonty.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Ok did a little research and thought i will share the results.
So as i learn in university i shall first describe my methods:

Method:
Selecting a 2 week timeframe and sort by author, in the bottom of the page. (2 weeks is from (just) before the lynch of edocsil) so should give an accurate view. I also added date last posted since i thought it might be relevant.

disclaimer:this is relevant for the post posted at least 1 hour before this post, not responsible for any typo's or wrong data.

Results:
Anarkist - 13 (16 dec)
commander9 - 1 (3 dec (Actually before the night)) - last seen online dec 6 - missing?
Flores Del Mar - 6 (13 dec)
ga7 - 1 (dec 9)
ghostly - 2 (dec 12)
gregwolf - 3 (dec 12)
hotshot - 5 (dec 16)
Iron Butterfly - 8 (dec 16)
Jonty - 8 (dec 16)
Kratos - 8 (dec 16)
nagerous - 2 (dec 16)
newguy - 9 (dec 16)
rishead - 8 (dec 16)
safariguy - 8 (dec 16)
TWO - 3 (dec 10)
TFO - 4 (dec 16)
virus - 7 (dec 16)

jamesker - missing

Discussion:
keep in mind that the number of posts is highly influenced by the posts of today. So the number of posts does not necessarily say anything about activity over the past 2 weeks, in some cases it is especially today.

Conclusion:
Prod: TWO, gregwolf, safariguy, ghostly, GA7
replace: jamesker, commander 9 aswell?

rishaed wrote:Overall though I want to Vote Comm9 for knowing edoc was going to be lynched, disagreeing with the case, but not acting to prevent the lynch. Overall it just shows he didn't care but wanted to show that he did.
fp'd

i get your point but because i believe he is simply missing, i dont want to vote on that, since i hope he will get replaced and the replacement will have something to say for himself.
Major virus90

Postby nagerous on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:21 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:I'm really torn between putting my vote back on Jonty and putting it on the Virus case. The thing that really got me with Virus was how quickly he threw an OMGUS vote at Saf. That just really seemed... poorly thought out. But, my doubt on Jonty just isn't going way.

jonty125 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:So why should we believe that you are town?

TBH, I'm survived this long, I am town, so I don't have problem with greg saying who we wants to vote, and then I tell the mod, to tell greg, to vote who greg said.

This just seems to trying to paint himself in good light "I haven't made him vote someone he doesn't want to, I must be good!". A mafia in your position would be doing the same, trying to appear good.

Unless something really compelling comes up.. Ill Vote: Jonty.

This seems mighty suspicious to me, it looks like you are saying you think Virus is scummy to cover your ass later, but you aren't willing to vote for him, instead placing your vote on Jonty, to put Jonty 1 ahead on the lynching scale..

Are you protecting virus by pushing the jonty lynch on us? The politician claim in my eyes has been substantiated, he is at worst a third party survivor politician I can't see him being affiliated with the mafia so the lynch is going to be wasted on him.

I am going to put my vote on vote virus as the strongest lead out there and I will be watching you very closely TFO if he comes out as mafia.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:25 pm

As for the post above - maybe a classic example of 'helpful scum' blends in. It is a tactic I have played many a time in a game when I have been mafia - be the guy who helps with the theme, answers questions for the n00bs who are confused, or in this case provide statistical analysis on who is posting and who isn't to try and appear useful. Inactivity can be but is not always a marker for scuminess, in fact more a marker that the people not posting have a boring role and are not interested in posting or are simply too busy to post.. sometimes with a scummier role, it is more interesting for the player to post, which can make a person more active and more eager to manipulate the vote towards people not aligned to their particularly party.
Captain nagerous

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Or you just are honestly trying to help town?...
yes once your name is on the list, it is not going away and every move you make suddenly is maffia, well thats the game i guess.
so if more people think i am anti-town and want a claim, i rather claim sooner then later, although i ofcourse prefer not to.
But since i got the feeling i am the nr 1 target i think it is best to either settle on me claiming soon so we have enough time on the countdown to find the bad-guys. or settle on lieaving me alone untill someone comes with more of a case then: "could be maffia" for every post made you can say that... example: personXXX votes me = bandwagoning or PersonXXX votes me, or says XXXX to get attention away from himself. because that in my opinion is why every one is on me, or atleast the majority.
so far in my opinion these only "cases" against me are
and as not being native to english, i got the feeling that tone in this message could be misunderstood, so please say so if a part of it is not clear, same goes for other posts aswell ofcourse.
Major virus90

Postby FloresDelMal on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:26 pm

nagerous wrote:Are you protecting virus by pushing the jonty lynch on us? The politician claim in my eyes has been substantiated, he is at worst a third party survivor politician I can't see him being affiliated with the mafia so the lynch is going to be wasted on him.

I am going to put my vote on vote virus as the strongest lead out there and I will be watching you very closely TFO if he comes out as mafia.

QFT i think that has been stablished that even thought jonty is most likely scum or third party he represents a lesser threat for us ATM, and we should move on for father as much information as possible, that being said FOS tfo.

Virus, i don't think you have enough heat on you for being forced to claim; but if is your choice to come clear, is indeed better do it sooner rather than later so the countdown don't catch up to you unexpectedly as it sadly happened to edoc, also, I think your English is fine, thought who I am to say, I am not a native speaker :P
Anyway, honestly, atm I don't see a better vote candidate than you, so my vote stays right where it is, as it was also on day 1.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:QFT i think that has been stablished that even thought jonty is most likely scum or third party he represents a lesser threat for us ATM, and we should move on for father as much information as possible, that being said FOS tfo.

Virus, i don't think you have enough heat on you for being forced to claim; but if is your choice to come clear, is indeed better do it sooner rather than later so the countdown don't catch up to you unexpectedly as it sadly happened to edoc, also, I think your English is fine, thought who I am to say, I am not a native speaker :P
Anyway, honestly, atm I don't see a better vote candidate than you, so my vote stays right where it is, as it was also on day 1.

i understand that, but since i am the best candidate, i would rather come to an agreement with all of us, like decide that i claim in 2 days or so, if everyone then still thinks i am the best candidate. i mean else you get the same as day 1, and after my claim we probably will need time to find a new target.
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:16 pm

HotShot53 wrote: so the real culprits for the lynching are jonty and nark. Nobody seems to be questioning Nark much, and jonty half cleared himself with the role claim.

Hopefully, people understand that when edoc came at me, I made several cases against him, none of which were rebuked, but, instead, just mocked by the irritable old curmudgeon. ;)

I admit that it was one of my votes that did this, but, if it hadn't been him, it would have been the next player in 24 hours... An extension was asked for by two people and not given, so the best possible outcome was lynching the next dude.

virus90 wrote:i understand that, but since i am the best candidate, i would rather come to an agreement with all of us, like decide that i claim in 2 days or so, if everyone then still thinks i am the best candidate. i mean else you get the same as day 1, and after my claim we probably will need time to find a new target.

If you say something like, "I will claim in two days," then, for those 48 hours, the game will stall, as everyone waits... No one is going to look for a different villain if the possible villain is going to stand right there with a timer saying, "Just wait a bit longer."

Either do it now so we can move on, or don't do it at all.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby rishaed on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
HotShot53 wrote: so the real culprits for the lynching are jonty and nark. Nobody seems to be questioning Nark much, and jonty half cleared himself with the role claim.

Hopefully, people understand that when edoc came at me, I made several cases against him, none of which were rebuked, but, instead, just mocked by the irritable old curmudgeon. ;)

I admit that it was one of my votes that did this, but, if it hadn't been him, it would have been the next player in 24 hours... An extension was asked for by two people and not given, so the best possible outcome was lynching the next dude.

virus90 wrote:i understand that, but since i am the best candidate, i would rather come to an agreement with all of us, like decide that i claim in 2 days or so, if everyone then still thinks i am the best candidate. i mean else you get the same as day 1, and after my claim we probably will need time to find a new target.

If you say something like, "I will claim in two days," then, for those 48 hours, the game will stall, as everyone waits... No one is going to look for a different villain if the possible villain is going to stand right there with a timer saying, "Just wait a bit longer."

Either do it now so we can move on, or don't do it at all.

QFT on the bold.
Also You can vote for someone you think is scummier, vote for a no lynch, or really do anything to change a vote count.
Voting Comm, was for the point I know hes inactive, but thats not an excuse, I'll come back to it on a later date if nothing else shows up.
Also to save time on a claim, which in this game with an ever decreasing # of votes required to lynch is precious, Unvote vote Virus
Im not sold on it, but the information will be extremely helpful.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 am

I will also say that the OMGUS vote you put on me has not been defended. What is your case on me exactly and/or what is your explanation for voting me?
Captain safariguy5

Postby virus90 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:01 am

ok since 2 people who were not yet on me basicly said claim now or dont, i will.

Princess Cordelia gi Randgriz = Gallia,
a uni-corned princess basicly :lol:

safariguy5 wrote:I will also say that the OMGUS vote you put on me has not been defended. What is your case on me exactly and/or what is your explanation for voting me?

that was for blind sighted focus on me, it depends on the way you look at posts if things strike as odd, i think your case against me, is and always has been weak, based on always assuming the most negative scenario. so based on you picking on me, even when i defend myself it gets more scummy according to you.
And then i did not want to change my vote since, with every post i have made in this game; someone always turned it around that somehow i look scummy: i put pressure on a claim: scummy
got the result unvote: scummy
people call that out, i explain myself: scummy
i try to put in some stats to see if we can get these people out, and i know some people did bother to look back, others dont, they dont have a clue. = scummy.
i suggest a claim = scummy.
so me changing votes would probably not have helped a bit. besides as i pointed out in the vote: at that stage about 15 votes were needed? why should 1 even matter?
Major virus90

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:23 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:This just seems to trying to paint himself in good light "I haven't made him vote someone he doesn't want to, I must be good!". A mafia in your position would be doing the same, trying to appear good.

True that, but cannot I apply the same logic to say a town in my position would try to appear good ;)

Also I believe, virus is town, based on his claim.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:30 am

virus if your going to claim please claim everything, like what is your role, you just said your name and alignment
Captain gregwolf121

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:11 am

If im not mistaken hes claiming something along the lines of a beloved princess role? Though further clarification if im wrong might be necessary.

Postby nagerous on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:virus if your going to claim please claim everything, like what is your role, you just said your name and alignment

Indeed.
Captain nagerous

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:44 pm

unvote as instructed
Captain gregwolf121

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives