Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby nagerous on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:27 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:unvote as instructed

Where were you instructed to unvote?
Captain nagerous

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:31 pm

nagerous wrote:

Jonty has his vote for the day, bro...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Waiting on virus to fully claim before I decide whether or not to unvote.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby The Weird One on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Waiting for the claim before I decide to throw my vote in the mix or not...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Cordelia Gi Randgriz (ć‚³ćƒ¼ćƒ‡ćƒŖć‚¢ćƒ»ć‚®ćƒ»ćƒ©ćƒ³ćƒ‰ć‚°ćƒŖćƒ¼ć‚ŗ Kōderia gi RandogurÄ«zu?) is the sixteen year old (18 in Valkyria Chronicles 2) current heiress to the Randgriz line of Archdukes who rule Gallia, standing as a figurehead of the nation and scion of the legendary Valkyrur. (...)
The death of her parents, the former Archduke and Duchess of Gallia, left her heiress to the throne, though her young age has so far precluded her coronation. Since Maurits von Borg was appointed as her regent, she has concealed most of her feelings and thoughts to herself.

guys just check the wiki and Unvote Virus, since he made clear that english is not his first language, it is easier for me to understand why he mistook the plot and made a couple of silly comments.

Borg overflows with self-confidence, and will never lend an ear to anyone's opinions as he believes that he is always right. His own comfort and political power are the driving forces behind all of Borg's decisions, and he is not even remotely concerned about the welfare of others. Being quite the narcissist, Borg lends to become intoxicated with his own passion whenever he delivers a speech regarding his idealistic plans for Gallia's future. To feed his own insatiable lust for power, Borg was willing to set his homeland to the Empire, and he would not hesitate to cut down any who might stand in his way.

since the princess is out on the clear and we know the dirty politician is willing to do anything to take her out of the picture and put himself on the throne, it seems to me that Vote Jonty is the most obvious curse of action.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
nagerous wrote:

Jonty has his vote for the day, bro...

what anark said
Captain gregwolf121

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:
Cordelia Gi Randgriz (ć‚³ćƒ¼ćƒ‡ćƒŖć‚¢ćƒ»ć‚®ćƒ»ćƒ©ćƒ³ćƒ‰ć‚°ćƒŖćƒ¼ć‚ŗ Kōderia gi RandogurÄ«zu?) is the sixteen year old (18 in Valkyria Chronicles 2) current heiress to the Randgriz line of Archdukes who rule Gallia, standing as a figurehead of the nation and scion of the legendary Valkyrur. (...)
The death of her parents, the former Archduke and Duchess of Gallia, left her heiress to the throne, though her young age has so far precluded her coronation. Since Maurits von Borg was appointed as her regent, she has concealed most of her feelings and thoughts to herself.

guys just check the wiki and Unvote Virus, since he made clear that english is not his first language, it is easier for me to understand why he mistook the plot and made a couple of silly comments.

Borg overflows with self-confidence, and will never lend an ear to anyone's opinions as he believes that he is always right. His own comfort and political power are the driving forces behind all of Borg's decisions, and he is not even remotely concerned about the welfare of others. Being quite the narcissist, Borg lends to become intoxicated with his own passion whenever he delivers a speech regarding his idealistic plans for Gallia's future. To feed his own insatiable lust for power, Borg was willing to set his homeland to the Empire, and he would not hesitate to cut down any who might stand in his way.

since the princess is out on the clear and we know the dirty politician is willing to do anything to take her out of the picture and put himself on the throne, it seems to me that Vote Jonty is the most obvious curse of action.

I agree with this assessment. Also speaking we don't need a beloved princess dying on us. unvote vote Jonty The days are ticking off rather quickly, and I'd rather not lynch virus by accident at this point.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby virus90 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:50 pm

kratos644 wrote:Waiting on virus to fully claim before I decide whether or not to unvote.

The Weird One wrote:Waiting for the claim before I decide to throw my vote in the mix or not...

nagerous wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:virus if your going to claim please claim everything, like what is your role, you just said your name and alignment

Indeed.

gregwolf121 wrote:virus if your going to claim please claim everything, like what is your role, you just said your name and alignment

So, please tell me how a full claim would be beneficial.
If you use google/wiki or anything, i think you can find, without a doubt, that my role is town.
So what point is there in a full claim? the only thing that could have happened is that i full claim, and maffia decides i am worth lynching. What if i had a role/perk similar to cop or doc? you think a full claim would help town ?!

But since apparently my full claim is necessary ???? (just anyone of you who wanted a full claim, give me a good reason.)
i am a priestess, basically i cant cast the last vote, (exact details are a bit complicated because of the countdown system)
Major virus90

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 pm

That is a role I have heard of and the flavor fits. I could see jonty in some sort of a lyncher role, considering his use of the stolen vote.

unvote vote jonty
Captain safariguy5

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Fair enough, unvote. It looks like we're going with Jonty then? Are we ready to end the day or do we want to try and do a little further scum hunting first? It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and end today now with a lynch of Jonty and use the night scene for discussion D3
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm

well better get in on now, since i cant cast the deciding vote.
Unvote, Vote Jonty
For me aswell the best lead/leed/something_that_sounds_like_that
Why: http://valkyria.wikia.com/wiki/Maurits_von_Borg
Major virus90

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:44 am

Try not to rely too much on external information y'know. For starters, it's so so easy to come across a massive spoiler, and the game is chock full of them. I'd rather some things remain as....surprises.

Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:00 pm

virus90 wrote:
kratos644 wrote:Waiting on virus to fully claim before I decide whether or not to unvote.

The Weird One wrote:Waiting for the claim before I decide to throw my vote in the mix or not...

nagerous wrote:

Indeed.

So, please tell me how a full claim would be beneficial.
If you use google/wiki or anything, i think you can find, without a doubt, that my role is town.
So what point is there in a full claim? the only thing that could have happened is that i full claim, and maffia decides i am worth lynching. What if i had a role/perk similar to cop or doc? you think a full claim would help town ?!

But since apparently my full claim is necessary ???? (just anyone of you who wanted a full claim, give me a good reason.)
i am a priestess, basically i cant cast the last vote, (exact details are a bit complicated because of the countdown system)

virus if your going to claim you basically have no more secrets. and if you had been a cop or a doc well then its your job to not appear to be scummy and be forced to claim,
half claims get you killed, i've done it in other games where i only claimed a part of my role, and even though i was town people didn't believe me and so i was lynched, but if i had fully claimed i wouldn't have been. full claims are helpful to town because it gives us more intel and we understand more of what is in the game.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Try not to rely too much on external information y'know. For starters, it's so so easy to come across a massive spoiler, and the game is chock full of them. I'd rather some things remain as....surprises.

The question is though... if someone knows the spoilers ahead of time, are they at an advantage? Or is it just story spoilers, not affecting gameplay much, so researching won't be a real advantage?

Based on this post, I wouldn't be surprised if Jonty's role is meant to switch sides at some point... not sure which side he's on now or what it would switch to though as I don't know the background more than what people have posted on here. My best guess is still third party survivor kind of thing though.
Major HotShot53

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:00 pm

I would think that this is first and foremost a mafia game. While role flavor makes a game interesting it should not dictate the flow of the game. Jontys role claim is a prime example. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had made a simple mistake, which is why he was forced to claim. I unvoted because I had made simple mistakes that got me lynched in the early days of some games.

On further review this would be a prime opportunity to see how role flavor effects game play and how roles interact. Jontys role bio comes across as completely scummy and self serving. His claim makes sense but his alignment is in doubt because of his bio and in general because a vote stealer is always suspect in my eyes.

Vote jonty

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby FloresDelMal on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:virus if your going to claim you basically have no more secrets. and if you had been a cop or a doc well then its your job to not appear to be scummy and be forced to claim,
half claims get you killed, i've done it in other games where i only claimed a part of my role, and even though i was town people didn't believe me and so i was lynched, but if i had fully claimed i wouldn't have been. full claims are helpful to town because it gives us more intel and we understand more of what is in the game.

FOS gregwolf, no one has counterclaimed the princess, and with our theme is not like it could be a fake claim, i think your pushing for more information considering the circunstances is utterly scummy, and if we hadn't bigger fish to fry atm my vote could be on you, so care to explain what town could possibly gain from you bullying princess cordelia into a full claim?
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:35 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:virus if your going to claim you basically have no more secrets. and if you had been a cop or a doc well then its your job to not appear to be scummy and be forced to claim,

FOS gregwolf, no one has counterclaimed the princess, and with our theme is not like it could be a fake claim, i think your pushing for more information considering the circunstances is utterly scummy, and if we hadn't bigger fish to fry atm my vote could be on you, so care to explain what town could possibly gain from you bullying princess cordelia into a full claim?

well the fact that princess cordelia isn't a beloved princess at all as was speculated
virus90 wrote:So, please tell me how a full claim would be beneficial.

Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:24 am

I have no agenda against the princess. But I can sense my death this is landing on deaf ears.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby virus90 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:42 am

although jonty would be a good lynch since his allignement is doubtfull, i would rather try to find another target, or at least attempt.
Hear me out:
we kind of got jonty in the tight spot, whether he is town or maffia, he got 2 votes (well 1 of himself and 1 stolen) and with the position he is in now, we can kind of dictate who he has to vote, could even suggest who he steals a vote from (maybe suggest to steal from someone suspicious). He does not have to follow through, but that would make him look scummy so we would probably start voting him again. So in whatever position he is: maffia, town, or third party. you can kind of control him, hence controlling 2 votes. Only thing you have to keep in mind is that he can "once" jump to lynch someone with 2 votes (once since i guess he will be voted out after he suddenly jumps), so we have to lynch people before someone else is on like L-3 / L-4 in which case a quick jump can be made.
So what i am saying: jonty is a fine target, if no better target pops up we should lynch him, we should not take him to the end of the game, but for now we might be able to benefit from whatever alignment he is.
So for these reasons: i now unvote

I am now kind of lost on VC,
so we have to keep an close eye at VC and counter since the counter is getting to a point in which it is realistic someone gets lynched.
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:38 pm

MINISTER

Any way you could give us YOUR official vote count and length of day left?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:MINISTER

THIS! Would have been helpful with your last post.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:01 pm

rishaed wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:MINISTER

THIS! Would have been helpful with your last post.

Yeah... I mean, I could go back and figure it all up, but with the unique voting system and rules and stuff, I don't wanna cause a catastrophe...
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:42 pm

jonty125 - 9 (ga7, TWO, new guy1, TFO, Flores, rishaed, safari, virus, Iron Butterfly)

9 Days have passed. That means 9 to lynch. That's a lynchin' folks!

Scene incoming.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Randgriz Castle

"Unhand me you ignorant peasants!" came the cry of the politician. The two castle guards at his side seemed extremely unlikely to do so.
"Chancellor Borg. We have received evidence of you collaborating with Emperor Maximillian to depose the princess. Did you really think such a crime would go unnoticed?"
"Damn you Varrot! I am completely innocent! Gallia will have your head for this!" Borg spat back at the spectacled officer facing him. Her glare unnerved him.
"Can you explain this letter then?" Varrot replied, taking a piece of paper from her pocket. As she unfolded it before Borg's eyes, his face lost colour rapidly. "That is your signature, is it not?"
"Wha...yes....but...that's impossible! I would never sign such a letter, let alone communicate with that madman!"
Varrot shifted weight onto her other leg, unimpressed.
"Enough of your lies. A trial will decide your fate. Take him to the dungeon."
"How...how dare you...how dare you treat me like this! I'm innocent! Innocent!" Borg screamed as the guards forced him past Varrot and down the hallway, to the lower regions of the castle.
"M'am, the Princess should be told." the lone guard remaining said to Varrot.
"Aye. Let's hope she's still awake. The sooner the better."

Ghirlandio
Four figures gathered around the map table.
"My liege. Our forces continue ever westward. The Gallians are falling as quickly as expected."
"Indeed. And all this progress without using your precious talents. My my, how weak they are."
"My spies report that Borg has been imprisoned."
"Mm."
"Would he not have proven useful?"
"He is a vain fool, whether he would've stuck to his word or not. He has no place in our grand plan."

jonty125 - Chancellor Borg (Politician, ???, ???) has been lynched!

Night actions plesh. :3

Private Minister Masket

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Night 2: Dirty Politics

Postby nagerous on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Well done morons.
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives