Conquer Club

How To Use The New Panel Interface

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How To Use The New Panel Interface

Postby Foxglove on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:24 pm

CC just released a new game page interface that introduces a system of customizable panels. It can take some clicking to get the new Panel Interface adjusted to your liking, however, so I've put together a few screenshots to show the different options available. You can keep all of the data contained in the tabs (default), or you can detach as many of the panels as you like and adjust them in various spots on the page.

1. Overview - this image shows the names of the primary panels and placeholders for the possible positioning of the panels.

Click image to enlarge.

2. Panels - Panels are positioned as tabs in the Console Panel by default. You can click the icon to move the panel - each click moves it to a new location. The following screenshots show how to move the Log Panel into all of the possible positions, but you can move any or all tabs that you would like.

Click image to enlarge.

The first click will detach the panel and place it below the Console Panel.

Click image to enlarge.

The second click will move the panel below the map.

Click image to enlarge.

The third click on the icon will move the panel to the top right corner of the UI.

Click image to enlarge.

The fourth click will reattach the panel as a tab inside the Console Panel.

3. The Action Panel - the Action Panel can be moved into all of the positions of the other panels, but it has the additional option of being able to float the bottom of your screen. It is positioned above the Console Panel by default.

Click image to enlarge.

Click the icon to float the Action Panel.

Click image to enlarge.

Clicking the move icon while the Action Panel is floating will attach it to the Console Panel as a tab. Once it is a tab, you can move it out and into the same positions as any other panel.

4. Turn On The Panels! - go to your Game Settings to turn on the new panel system.

Click image to enlarge.

Please post here if you have any questions!
Brigadier Foxglove

Re: How To Use The New Panel Interface

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Excellent tutorial! Thank you!

I guess if there's one thing I would add, it's to clear your cache after you disable the old BOB and turn on the new Panel mode. It didn't work for me until I cleared my browser cache.

Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby casper on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks. I had no idea. Some sort of notification of the new setting would have been nice.

The site is not displaying correctly on mobile devices. Thread in bugs here: viewtopic.php?f=506&t=200140
Major casper

Postby ScaryTeded on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:30 pm

casper wrote:Thanks. I had no idea. Some sort of notification of the new setting would have been nice.

The site is not displaying correctly on mobile devices. Thread in bugs here: viewtopic.php?f=506&t=200140

Yes it would I have been fucking with for 2 days !!!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class ScaryTeded

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:23 pm

This really doesn t work on ipad/ios/chrome. Do i need to change options each time i change device? On ipad the sizes are really not adapted unfortunately... Haven t tried on my pc yet
Major betiko

Postby Barney Rubble on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:45 pm

betiko wrote:This really doesn t work on ipad/ios/chrome. Do i need to change options each time i change device? On ipad the sizes are really not adapted unfortunately... Haven t tried on my pc yet

Didnt you know ???? The site was never designed for an IPad .....? Or at least that is what I have been told
So basically dont expect it to work right ........Funny thing is I have played on the Ipad since the day I joined CC (2010) without a single problem .......until now ........
Hopefully it will get sorted out ......
I did find Foxglove's comments very helpful !!
BR
Corporal 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby tigerbob on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:03 am

I didn't realize this was a new feature, and really it's not to me, I'm new too.

I had some issue's with it displaying properly on my computer but I don't remember exactly what issue. Hopefully clearing cache will fix that. I'm at my mom's right now and it seems to be working just fine. We both are running chrome. I'm running on a 15" laptop. My mom's is a desktop with a 21" screeen.

My only issue is that when I turn it on I can no longer use the Assault Odds script. linky
Maybe clearing cache will also fix that problem.

Thanks, bob.
Sergeant tigerbob

Postby All Black Rugby on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 am

Guys, is there a way to view Assault Odds on the new panel interface? If so, please explain, thanks.
Colonel All Black Rugby

Postby Jippd on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:26 pm

All Black Rugby wrote:Guys, is there a way to view Assault Odds on the new panel interface? If so, please explain, thanks.

Not sure I don't use that add on. You can use this website if you are having issues: http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Gambit/BattleOdds
Major Jippd

Postby simmons4 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm

is there a way to change the settings so you can drop troops 1 at a time like on bob without changing number in box
Colonel simmons4

Postby tigerbob on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:11 pm

All Black Rugby wrote:Guys, is there a way to view Assault Odds on the new panel interface? If so, please explain, thanks.

The only way I've been able to view it is disable the Interface Panel. I disabled Assault Odds and Tampermonkey and deleted both and tried reinstalling. Assualt Odds wouldn't even show as running on the Tampermonkey Icon even though it showed enabled on the dashboard. Once I disabled the panel it would show as running. I run the panel and only disable it if I want to look at a long attack.
Sergeant tigerbob

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:32 pm

I still can't get the windows that I want open at the same time. Nor positioned where I want them. Gone back to BOB.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Jippd on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:I still can't get the windows that I want open at the same time. Nor positioned where I want them. Gone back to BOB.

Did you turn off greasemonkey, clear your cache and restart your browser?
Major Jippd

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:28 pm

I turned off Bob but not grease monkey. I will give that a try when I get home and have some time. Thank you for the advice and I will give it a shot.

I did do the other two things. I cleared my cache and then restarted the browser. I had turned on all of the new features in the browser before I restarted it. I don't know if that makes a difference.
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Jippd on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 pm

For me I had to have greasemonkey off completely to be able to move the panels around, I'm not sure why. I like my clickable maps though so I disabled the in site bob and went back to the old way.
Major Jippd

Postby All Black Rugby on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:24 am

Jippd wrote:

Not sure I don't use that add on. You can use this website if you are having issues: http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Gambit/BattleOdds

Cheers, yeah I've been seeing that one for a while, but it isn't anywhere near as good as Assault Odds was...here's hoping Assault Odds can be added to the new Panel...
Colonel All Black Rugby

Postby Silly Knig-it on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:32 am

Since this brings the same things to all browsers, I have found that running Firefox and BOB at the same time as Safari with the new settings works well. I can switch between browsers, and as long as I remember to refresh I am okay.
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Can someone tell me what "spoils (est)" means?
Captain Gilligan

Postby L M S on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Is there a help doc somewhere that explains everything for an old dog like me?
For example:
How do I turn off all conformations, including "in game help texts?"
Do I have to click the tabs individually to get the information I want?
Do I not use right and left click the same way anymore or can I change it back to what I have been doing for 6 years?
This old geezer is confused.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 am

Gilligan wrote:Can someone tell me what "spoils (est)" means?

estimated spoils, I imagine.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Leehar on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:06 am

Is there anyway to make Panels in the same order as came with bob?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Yes but what does the number mean?
Captain Gilligan

Postby L M S on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:28 am

What a fucking mess.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. How about, Don't f*ck with it until it breaks, then try to patch it back together, shittily.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sirius Kase on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:50 am

Is there anyway to get the "Action" below the "overview". It seems it wants to be on"top" really the upper right, or the "bottom", really the lower left, or "float", where it is really huge and always wants to block something (yes, I've shrunk it, but it doesn't stay shrunk). The icon that is supposed to reposition it never gives me more than one option, and that option doesn't always do what I would expect, "like display under console". That sounds like it would do exactly what I want, but it doesn't. It seems to randomly position the "Action" panel anywhere but under the console. I've also tried to detach the overview from the console so I could position it over the "Action" panel, but it doesn't have an icon to do that. I don't want to click on tabs constantly, would like to position stats, overview, action, and chat on the right and stack map and logs on the left. I understand that stats and overview contain a lot of the same information, but I like to hover over the names of the plays and see the territories they occupy light up on the map. Stats doesn't do that, only Overview, so I need to see both.

I don't know if this is the way it's designed or if it's a bug, but i've disabled, cleared and rebooted everything here that I can think of. I'm using Firefox on a Mac

It would be easier to use if I could float position Action and the other panels, then pin them down so they don't float over other things. Floating is great when organizing, but when I'm playing, I want everything to stay where I put it.
Corporal Sirius Kase

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:29 am

Gilligan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Yes but what does the number mean?

I believe it's the estimated value of what that player will cash for.

In a flat rate game, it's the probability that he has a set, multiplied by the probability of the different sets.

In an escalating game, it's the value of the next cash multiplied by the probability that the player has a set.

I see fractional values on a player who has 5 cards, so I'm thinking it might even take in to account the probability that he has a bonus on his cash.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion