Conquer Club

How To Use The New Panel Interface

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: How To Use The New Panel Interface

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:33 am

L M S wrote:What a fucking mess.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. How about, Don't f*ck with it until it breaks, then try to patch it back together, shittily.

Well, for years people have been saying, "Why does the game require a 3rd party download to be playable. Why aren't obvious things like Extended Stats and Text Map included in the basic interface?"

With more updates, the 3rd party add-ons were getting broken more often, and it was only a matter of time until the game became unplayable. The owner did the responsible thing, took responsibility for putting those BOB functions into the basic interface so that when something is updated, the interface will be updated with it, and won't be waiting for a volunteer to come along and once again fix BOB or another add-on.

It's not pretty, and there's been some growing pains, but it's the right thing to do. With time, it will get better.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:05 am

Never using this to be honest.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Leehar on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Never using this to be honest.

With Auto-snaps, the appeal had risen significantly.
If it can next get auto-snaps at the start of games, it's going to be hard to not use it at all, no matter how unwieldy
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Sirius Kase on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:28 am

I actually think the idea of absorbing third party features into the official code is great. I wish I liked the result. My only problem so far is that I can't put the panels where I want them.

I want the stuff I LOOK at first to be where I don't have to scroll. Stats and Overview to the upper right with game log and chat to the left and right below map and Stats/overview. Things I click on should be towards the lower right, and the box to type chat into should be under the chat. That's the sequence I use them, I look at stats/overiew, chat and log before I make my move. While planning y move, I look at the map. Then I deploy, attack, fortify, on map, then exit. Since I'm right handed, my mouse cursor is in the lower right corner when I'm not using it, so I like the exit button to be down there, too. I hate sweeping across the desk, just to end. Sometimes, I use the keys instead of the mouse to end the various phases, in which case, I don't need that box at all. But, I always wants to wind up high on right or directly under the map or even floating where it covers up something I want to see. If I could pin it down in the lower right corner, I'd probably like the other changes. That box contains no information, just buttons to advance the game, and they are redundant to things I can do by clicking on the map. A mostly useless box.

Oh yeah, I also like to see what kind of spoils I'm playing and what kind of reinforcements are in effect and the other stuff without clicking on a tab. I'd rather move my eyes than click on tabs.
Corporal Sirius Kase

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:46 pm

^this is my main issue.. Having BOB basically incorporated is great, but it looks like shit.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:17 am

The more I use the new interface the more I like it. I do wish I had better control of where the boxes go.

I find I still need BOB to run 'Watch This Game' for running a tournament. So I end up running Safari with the panels (also great to have BOB stats on my iPad) and Firefox for the BOB functions I can't get through the panel.

So keep improving it and please let us have things like WTG and Map rank.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 am

I have a question.
I put the panel below the map.
I would like to have the log to be as wide as my window all the time. Right now the the width of the log seems to depends of the maps ?
I am not so sure but I am sure the size isn't always the same.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby FamBonnet on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:13 am

Is it possible to turn off "snap to chat"? Too much clutter. I like the auto snap to snapshot but don't need both.
Colonel FamBonnet

Postby Foxglove on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Donelladan wrote:I have a question.
I would like to have the log to be as wide as my window all the time. Right now the the width of the log seems to depends of the maps ?

It is not possible to have a panel span the entire width of the window. All panels have to go in the map column on the left (below the map) or in the right column. So whatever panels you have on the map side will automatically have the same width as the map you're looking at.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:51 pm

FamBonnet wrote:Is it possible to turn off "snap to chat"? Too much clutter. I like the auto snap to snapshot but don't need both.

No, it's not possible to turn it off.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 am

tigerbob wrote:
All Black Rugby wrote:Guys, is there a way to view Assault Odds on the new panel interface? If so, please explain, thanks.

The only way I've been able to view it is disable the Interface Panel. I disabled Assault Odds and Tampermonkey and deleted both and tried reinstalling. Assualt Odds wouldn't even show as running on the Tampermonkey Icon even though it showed enabled on the dashboard. Once I disabled the panel it would show as running. I run the panel and only disable it if I want to look at a long attack.

Assault Odds update!

Get it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/284027 (Make sure to uninstall your previous version.)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Donelladan wrote:I have a question.

It is not possible to have a panel span the entire width of the window. All panels have to go in the map column on the left (below the map) or in the right column. So whatever panels you have on the map side will automatically have the same width as the map you're looking at.

Yeah, this is my main complaint about it. So much better if we were allowed to resize the log and chat windows.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby tigerbob on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Foxglove wrote:
tigerbob wrote:
All Black Rugby wrote:Guys, is there a way to view Assault Odds on the new panel interface? If so, please explain, thanks.

The only way I've been able to view it is disable the Interface Panel. I disabled Assault Odds and Tampermonkey and deleted both and tried reinstalling. Assualt Odds wouldn't even show as running on the Tampermonkey Icon even though it showed enabled on the dashboard. Once I disabled the panel it would show as running. I run the panel and only disable it if I want to look at a long attack.

Assault Odds update!

Get it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/284027 (Make sure to uninstall your previous version.)

thanks. yes, I saw it in another thread.
Sergeant tigerbob

Postby General Roy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:30 am

Must confess I miss one tiny important bit of info in all this: Where do one find these panels and the Consol? I am using Firefox 26, and there is no panels that I can see, and I am not sure where the consol is either.

I've turned off Greasemonkey and emptied the cache, just to see if it perhaps would suddenly appear.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the old interface, but thought I'd try the new one to see if I liked it more or not.

Is all this something for other browsers than for Firefox perhaps. I am quite dependent of BOB, so I would hat it if BOB and the new panel view would clash.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:22 am

General Roy wrote:Must confess I miss one tiny important bit of info in all this: Where do one find these panels and the Consol? I am using Firefox 26, and there is no panels that I can see, and I am not sure where the consol is either.

I've turned off Greasemonkey and emptied the cache, just to see if it perhaps would suddenly appear.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the old interface, but thought I'd try the new one to see if I liked it more or not.

Is all this something for other browsers than for Firefox perhaps. I am quite dependent of BOB, so I would hat it if BOB and the new panel view would clash.

You need to disable bob and then enable panels in game settings.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:25 am

Silly Knig-it wrote:The more I use the new interface the more I like it. I do wish I had better control of where the boxes go.

I find I still need BOB to run 'Watch This Game' for running a tournament. So I end up running Safari with the panels (also great to have BOB stats on my iPad) and Firefox for the BOB functions I can't get through the panel.

So keep improving it and please let us have things like WTG and Map rank.

You don't need BOB to to run WTG. Just get the new version and it works just fine alongside panels. (Thanks Dako :) )
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby General Roy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:32 am

jetsetwilly wrote:
General Roy wrote:Must confess I miss one tiny important bit of info in all this: Where do one find these panels and the Consol? I am using Firefox 26, and there is no panels that I can see, and I am not sure where the consol is either.

You need to disable bob and then enable panels in game settings.

Thanks. I was concerned that perhaps I would not be able to point to a name and see which areas he controls, as is one of the main reasons I like BOB, but I see that works fine. Very useful to have chat to the right of the map.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Postby General Roy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 am

One other thing: I've installed the Greasemonkey script Chatglove so that I can detach the chat and easier read and expand the chat. But when I click "Detach chat" now, it just disappears - the chat window becomes empty.

Roy

Postby Sirius Kase on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:10 am

Since Firefox with Bob works better for me, I don't have panels enabled. But, I think the new interface is a good start for those without Firefox. I'm monitoring this thread in the event further modifications are made that might make me want to try it again. So, keep up a lively discussion! My main beef is all those tabs, and not being able to put the panels where I want them.
Corporal Sirius Kase

Postby General Roy on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:27 am

I have tried the panels for a little while, and I like to have both stats and chat open at the same time rather than go to different panels, so I am still not sure I prefer the new setup over BOB. But if one uses a browser where BOB doesn't work, then this is excellent.

Postby Ragnars Wolves on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 am

Not being real computer savvy...what benefit do I get over the newest version of BOB...there is an awful lot of info on there.
Lieutenant Ragnars Wolves

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 am

Nothing if you already run the script version.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 03, 2014 8:09 pm

It's been a while since this has been bumped, and I think every member should get a chance to see it, so I'm going to sticky it as well as bump it again.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 am

Ragnars Wolves wrote:Not being real computer savvy...what benefit do I get over the newest version of BOB...there is an awful lot of info on there.

I'm still runnng Bob. The best reason I know to use the panel interface is if your computer can't run scripts. If gives a lot of the same functionality, but Bob is easier for me to configure. But, if I'm using someone else's computer, panel is the way to go.
Corporal Sirius Kase

Postby Foxglove on Tue May 06, 2014 11:14 am

Sirius Kase wrote:
Ragnars Wolves wrote:Not being real computer savvy...what benefit do I get over the newest version of BOB...there is an awful lot of info on there.

I'm still runnng Bob. The best reason I know to use the panel interface is if your computer can't run scripts. If gives a lot of the same functionality, but Bob is easier for me to configure. But, if I'm using someone else's computer, panel is the way to go.

Exactly. The panel works on whatever device you might be using, even if you don't have a bunch of scripts set up. It also provides that functionality without needing to update scripts every time the website changes.
Brigadier Foxglove

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion