Conquer Club

Various Game Option Additions

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should these be used?

2 player
15%
Extra maps
38%
Deadbeat Limit
38%
Make your own allies
No votes
Nuetral enemies
8%
Neogations
No votes

Total votes : 13

Various Game Option Additions

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:34 am

1: NO. of players: 2,3,4,5,6
2: Map either Classic USA Europe Asia or Solar System(Designing at moment by me)
3: Deadbeat limit: If someone doesn't play for # turns they are eliminated
4: Teams: standard Doubles Triples Make your own allies
needing allience stadge when on make your own allies
5: Fortifications: Same
6: neutral enemies:If a team is deadbeat or surrenders they: Become neutral countries or are given to the player of the deadbeats choice(chosen before game pick no. to decide who.
7: Cards as normal
8: Neogations: Allows players to talk secretly, strategically without letting everyone else see it.
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Mauddib28 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 pm

OMG! I think I've already said this in another forum, but I would LOVE!! a Europe map
Private 1st Class Mauddib28

Postby Ran Taro on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:52 am

It's a good idea to be able to set number of deadbeat turns before auto kick in game options.
Corporal Ran Taro

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:38 am

Ran Taro wrote:It's a good idea to be able to set number of deadbeat turns before auto kick in game options.

now :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :?: :?: :arrow: :arrow: :wink: :wink: :roll: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :P :x :x :shock: :shock: :? :? 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :o :o :( :( :) :) :D :D :idea: :idea:
where was i oh yeah the maximum deadbeat limit is 10 lowest of 0(meaning no limit)[/list]
Corporal max is gr8

Postby ZawBanjito on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:25 pm

1) I think the option to have two players would best be left until private games are put in. People have already requested private games because they made games only for their friends but some stranger slotted in first. So now they're forced to play a game they don't really want to bother with. I feel this problem would be greater with a two player public game, but I only feel that because I suspect 2 player games would mostly be between acquaintances. Also, it might increase the number of games where nothing is happening because one of the two players has gone deadbeat. Still, there's no real reason why there shouldn't be the option, is there?

2) We should have maps for all the continents, and one for the Mediterranean too so we can refight Ancient Rome.

3) Already lots of support for this one, I think. But a 10 round deadbeat limit? I'd never join such a game - that 10 freakin days I'd have to wait until the bums were shuffled away. Still, different strokes, as they say. 0 for no limit means 1 turn? Everyone has to move every round? Sounds good to me, although maybe best combined with that "skip my turn" idea floating around. If you choose to skip your turn it negates the deadbeat, but you have to reselect it every turn so you can't check it and leave.

4) Totally support, but again perhaps best implemented in private games.

6) Totally disagree. Way too much room for abuse. You get your friend, or create a ghost account, join a game and deadbeat it out... but ooh, they've left you all their countries and armies! How nice of them. Even if it wasn't sneaky and abusive it would still be unfair. So what, now you have twice as many countries just 'cause you know the dude? You should always have to fight for your territory, with your armies. Leave it as it is.

8 ) Agree, I guess, since you can use the PM interface on the forums to do this anyway, even if you aren't friends with them and know their email etc. Basically we're working on an honor system, which always breaks down at some point, so why not just put it in as a game option? You'd have to redesign the chat interface, though?
Colonel ZawBanjito

deadbeat time limit

Postby rip_tide on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:04 pm

The deadebeat turn limit idea is a good one but there should also be a time limit option for the creator to choose time for each individual turn. It is so frustrating wanting to play and not being able to because some dude dissapeared. It would be nice to have lets say an option included to allow you to choose say 5, 10 , 15 etc mins to finish your turn. It sucks finnaly getting enough people in to start a game and then having someone dissapear and not be able too play.

any one else feel me? :?:

rip
Cadet rip_tide

Return to Suggestions