Conquer Club

Conquer Love, This Friday February 14th

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Love, This Friday February 14th

Postby bigWham on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:36 pm

You have conquered opponents on the battlefield, you have conquered players on the scoreboard... this February 14th you will try to conquer the most dastardly of foes imaginable... LOVE!

We have received reports of Cupid's Army closing in on the Club, training their deadly arrows on our unsuspecting, unspoken for, and mostly unromantic, members! Since we cannot stop Cupid, the only way to combat this onslaught will be to find our best and brightest Love Warrior through a series of intense battles and contests and entrust them with the one weapon Cupid fears most:

Image The Red Conquer Star! Image

So, this Friday, February 14th, starting from Midnight CCT:

• Come to Conquer Club
  • Collect 69 Conquer Hearts Image
  • Enter the Tournament of Cuddles for big prizes including Credits, Trophies, Conquer Cup entry... and a Red Star Image The first Red Star ever to be issued!

On Friday 14th, there will be many ways to collect Hearts...

Games!

Love is all about Games! Starting and Winning Games will reward players with Conquer Hearts in the following descending order of likelihood:

• Valentine's Day Map - our special Map for the occasion is for Doubles Games Only. Snare a partner and get to canoodling!
  • Doubles Games on other maps
  • Triples and Quadruples Games
  • Regular Games (the more players the higher your chances)
  • Bot Games (very low chance, Bots don't believe in Love)

Conquer Love Royale Pillow Fights

Speed Battle Royales will be running throughout the day, with highly juicy Heart drop rates.

The Conquer Club Matchmaker

Visit the Conquer Club Matchmaker to find your CC Sweetheart! By answering a simple set of questions our Matchmaker will hook you up with some highly desirable Clubmates. Then you can score big Heart bonuses by going on a gameplay date with your chosen ones!

How to get Hearts with your Sweethearts from the CC Matchmaker Game:
  • Start a regular Game on VD Map on same team with 1 of your 5 sweethearts - 7 Hearts per Sweetheart
  • Start any other game with a sweetheart - 1 Heart per Game.
  • Enter the Morning After Doubles tournament - 10 Hearts

Please report all games here to the the Conquer Club Matchmaker. You can win up to 25 Hearts from the CC Matchmaker for games, and another 10 from the the Morning After Tournament.

The Morning After Tournament

Win additional Hearts just by signing up for the Morning After Doubles Tournament with one of your CC Sweethearts from the Matchmaker game. Sign up on the 14th and you'll be wondering what on earth you were thinking when you wake up on the 15th, but it will all be worth it if you win that Red Star.

Conquer Love Speed Daters

Speed AutoTournaments will run throughout the day, spitting out Hearts for those are quick-witted enough to score on the playing field.

Chat Hearts

All good romances start with chat. Well, most of them do. The others start with ice cream. Anyway - pop into Live Chat on Feb 14th and say something sweet (or just something, if sweetness is a stretch) and you may just score yourself some Heart love.

The Dating Games

The Dating Games are a scavenger hunt designed to find the most date-worthy players based on their skills at finding hidden items (hint: to find something that might be good for a date, it helps to know what types of things might be good for a date... or what a date is).

Live Chat will having mini contests throughout the day giving clues to the locations of hidden items.

If you can successfully find enough items to have a successful (or, at least, non-tragic) date, you win Hearts... the number depending on how good the set of items for your date is!

Love Names

Every hour, starting at midnight, at random intervals during the hour, Caption Contests will be held in Live Chat, with Hearts galore for the winners.

Share the Conquer Love

Share or post on Facebook or Twitter using #ConquerLove and including your Username to win up to 5 Hearts.

Conquer Gods

Apparently Cupid has cut a deal with the Conquer Gods as they will be raining Hearts down upon us throughout the day.

The Tournament Of Cuddles

The grand finale of the event, this is a Scheduled AutoTournament with great prizes. To qualify you have to collect 69 Hearts throughout the day. The winner scores 1500 Credits, Conquer Cup Entry, a Red Star and a Tournament Trophy.

Singles Awareness Tournament

Yep, for those that don't have the moves to make the big tournament, for a mere 10 hearts you can play (polymorphic games) with yourself on Singles Awareness Day (Feb 15th). Just take your leftover, broken, hearts to the Tournament Page to enter.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Conquer Love, This Friday February 14th

Postby Gamefreakguy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 pm

So if I'm #69 on the leaderboard right now do I get some kind of special bonus? :P
"Never let your fear decide your fate."
"He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." Lao Tzu
Major Gamefreakguy

Postby dakky21 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:02 pm

No "find the hearts" on maps images or something like that? I mean no real contest for GA ? :(

And when does this start? I mean in Europe Feb 14 is like 6 hours earlier than in New York...
Captain dakky21

Postby KingRat on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Everything is CC time peeps which means EST. Correct Big?

Love the 69 angle 8-)
Highest Score: 3266

Cook KingRat

Postby bigWham on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:08 pm

KingRat wrote:Everything is CC time peeps which means EST. Correct Big?

Love the 69 angle 8-)

Correct, the event runs in CCT, meaning it starts at midnight on Feb 14 CCT (which happens to be EST). Also the event goes for 24 hours... so wherever you are you will get a full day of this event.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby nĆ me on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Crap, I'm busy most of the day that day (I hope). Well, it looks fun at least.
Major nĆ me

Postby stealth99 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:42 pm

1. Do I understand that I not only have to collect 69 (you guys are bad) hearts, but I also need to be the first 32 people to do it, in order to get in the tourney?

2. If a game on the valentines map starts on the 14th, the chances it will finish on the 14th are slim to none for most of us. Are hearts only awarded on the 14th?

3. Do you receive hearts for wins on games that finish on the 14th but were started earlier than the 14th?

4. If you sign up for dubs games that don't fill up and start on the 14th, will you get any hearts?

5. When you refer to the "Valentines Day Map" is it different than the "Happy Valentines Day" map?

6. I see the "Happy Valentines Day" map is now available but when I select it, I don't see any map. Is it working now?

7. If you have played a Battle Royale in the last 30 days will you be ineligible from playing the Battle Royale speed games on the 14th?

8. I am a little confused about "The Morning After" tourney and how we are supposed to earn hearts for it, if we are limited to earning hearts on the 14th.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby judge_reinhold on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 pm

KingRat, it is a good angle, isn't it? Around 180 degrees.
Colonel judge_reinhold

Postby bigWham on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 am

Thanks for the questions, and hope the answers clarify things for people. In essence all activities will be running on Feb 14th (CCT) and Hearts can only be collected on that day. Specific answers below.

stealth99 wrote:1. Do I understand that I not only have to collect 69 (you guys are bad) hearts, but I also need to be the first 32 people to do it, in order to get in the tourney?

Yes.

stealth99 wrote:2. If a game on the valentines map starts on the 14th, the chances it will finish on the 14th are slim to none for most of us. Are hearts only awarded on the 14th?

Yes.

stealth99 wrote:3. Do you receive hearts for wins on games that finish on the 14th but were started earlier than the 14th?

Yes.

stealth99 wrote:4. If you sign up for dubs games that don't fill up and start on the 14th, will you get any hearts?

No.

stealth99 wrote:5. When you refer to the "Valentines Day Map" is it different than the "Happy Valentines Day" map?

No.

stealth99 wrote:6. I see the "Happy Valentines Day" map is now available but when I select it, I don't see any map. Is it working now?

No.

stealth99 wrote:7. If you have played a Battle Royale in the last 30 days will you be ineligible from playing the Battle Royale speed games on the 14th?

No, these BRs will be special event BRs, outside the regular BR system.

stealth99 wrote:8. I am a little confused about "The Morning After" tourney and how we are supposed to earn hearts for it, if we are limited to earning hearts on the 14th.

You earn Hearts by entering the tourney on the 14th. The tourney itself will have other prizes.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby sdh on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:13 am

are general achievement medals being handed out?
Colonel sdh

Postby stealth99 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:07 am

thanks bigwham, that clears up everything. This looks exciting, I am looking forward to it.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby GioDuce on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 am

This is one beautyfull event, i love LOVE. =D>

This is why i probably won't have alot time to participate with this event,
i've arranged a romantic night out with the love of my life.

I hope i can start urly in the day tough :)

SPREAD THE LOVE O:)
Cook GioDuce

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 am

Looks promising, can't wait for the BRs.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby GTVA on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:49 pm

GTVA wrote:Image

y u do dis 2 me OP

adverts aside, this is so skewed in favor of goldies
Lieutenant GTVA

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 am

Re: the Tournament of Cuddles:

What if you get into the top 8 and you've already entered into the Conquer Cup? Do you just get the credits as opposed to the entry?
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby wookie1 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:38 am

Can you make some kind of lottery, so that some will get all the hearts and love for participation, while others will instead be given punishments on the day, like mean messages and injustified deduction of points and stars etc?
Last edited by wookie1 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major wookie1

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 am

BW, how is the tourney 1v1 on happy valentines day map if the HVD map is only available for dubs??
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby bigWham on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 am

NoSurvivors wrote:BW, how is the tourney 1v1 on happy valentines day map if the HVD map is only available for dubs??

It will only be available for doubles in regular play. In special tournaments or BRs it will be played with other game types.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 am

poptartpsycho18 wrote:Re: the Tournament of Cuddles:

What if you get into the top 8 and you've already entered into the Conquer Cup? Do you just get the credits as opposed to the entry?

Yes, that will be possible.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby KingRat on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Does the post to facebook/twitter have to be on the 14th or can we do it prior?
Highest Score: 3266

Cook KingRat

Postby macbone on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 am

Man, this sounds like a great event!

I'll mostly be busy on V-Day, though, being a smooth, romantic devil. Ah, such is life!
Colonel macbone

Postby ganguscalm on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 am

How does one get a love heart? I want to join.
Corporal 1st Class ganguscalm

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:39 am

ganguscalm wrote:How does one get a love heart? I want to join.

It tells you all that on the first post buddy.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 am

dazza2008 wrote:
ganguscalm wrote:How does one get a love heart? I want to join.

It tells you all that on the first post buddy.

Thanks Gary.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:01 pm

So you just have to make a post on Facebook with #ConquerLove correct? lol
Colonel NoSurvivors

Next

Return to Announcement Archives