Conquer Club

Conquer Love, This Friday February 14th

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Love, This Friday February 14th

Postby hwhrhett on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:25 am

Gilligan wrote:Aw, don't think I can get 15 more stars in 20min. Good luck to everyone that got in!

ugh, i ALWAYS forget that im not the same time zone as cc... just a little too late to gain the 10 i need....
Cook hwhrhett

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:28 am

I need 13 :(
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby bigWham on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:42 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I need 13 :(

Sorry Yoshi, Valentine's Day is over. But, on the bright side, today is Singles Appreciation Day (SAD)!!
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Gamefreakguy on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:35 am

I would just like to say that due to my CC addiction I was very tired while going out to dinner and such with my girlfriend since I stayed up extra late earning hearts for the tourney... lol. :oops: But even though I was sleep deprived, the evening was excellent. Although, I did preorder tickets to the wrong movie last night... Endless Love instead of Winter's Tale. But she wanted to see both anyway and the one we went to ended up being pretty good (for a chick flick) so we were happy!

Looking forward to putting all that effort to good use in this mega tourney! :twisted: Thanks for running this event, mods! The caption contests were good times in the late night / early morn.
"Never let your fear decide your fate."
"He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." Lao Tzu
Major Gamefreakguy

Postby Armandolas on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:40 am

bigWham wrote:

Sorry Yoshi, Valentine's Day is over. But, on the bright side, today is Singles Appreciation Day (SAD)!!

I cant seem to find that tournament.Whre is it?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Hannibal 19 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 am

Please guys fix that battle royale stats and medal update.
Major Hannibal 19

Postby bigWham on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:23 am

Hannibal 19 wrote:Please guys fix that battle royale stats and medal update.

System has been updated. BR medals should start issuing soon.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:24 am

Armandolas wrote:
bigWham wrote:

I cant seem to find that tournament.Whre is it?

We're just waiting on the Tournament of Cuddles to start - 1 slot left currently. It will open shortly thereafter, but definitely today regardless. Will be on the main Tournament page.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby GTVA on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Will hearts disappear, or can we save them for next year?
Lieutenant GTVA

Postby bigWham on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:41 pm

The Singles Awareness Day Tournament has opened

For those with 10 hearts, take them here to enter. Slots are limited!

Note: this will be the only use of your leftover (broken) Hearts. After this event starts any remaining Hearts may well disappear into the vacuum of despair.. as love is prone to do.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:44 pm

bigWham wrote:
Upon midnight exactly 32 players secured the 69 Hearts required to join The Tournament of Cuddles!

Currently, 29 actually have used their Hearts to join, and exactly another 3 have earned the Hearts required but have not used them to join as of yet. We will be reaching out to those folks. In the unlikely event that someone opts not to join (to save their hearts for their own special purposes) we will offer spots to those next in line.

Thank you to everyone that helped run and that joined in the fun of this awesome event!

(and as sempai says, watch out tomorrow for the Singles Appreciation Day Tournament to put your poor, broken hearts to some use)

looks like BigW was up all night to make sure things are going well. I was one of the 3 players holding out until I contacted my agent and agreed with the terms and conditions of the tournament. I received a 5K joining bonus and another 50K if I win.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:59 am

bigWham wrote:The Singles Awareness Day Tournament has opened

Note: this will be the only use of your leftover (broken) Hearts. After this event starts any remaining Hearts may well disappear into the vacuum of despair.. as love is prone to do.

As it has been noted, the prize for the tourney includes hearts so if they disappear, why are they being awarded?
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby stealth99 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:02 am

I spoke to mod Swifte and he advised that I should let admin know that the Battle Royale Medal Stats did not update from Valentines day (at least for me). I won a Battle Royale Game and my numbers are still a big fat goose egg. I have won several other games (non-Battle Royale) since then.

I would like to also add my thanks to all the mods for the effort on the 14th. I think it was a very fun day for those participating, with stuff for everyone. Just like when I go to Walmart, I don't judge based on the number of hick-ups, I judge based on how issues are handled when they arise and I had nothing but a pleasant experience in very quickly resolving two or three issues I had. Mods were there to serve and serve they did. Hats off guys. =D> =D> =D>

P.S. no joke, when i woke up on the 15th, I had exactly 69 extra hearts, from all the activity i had going when i did reach the first 69 hearts. Is that an omen? It killed me to bust up that pretty number to enter the singles awareness.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby bigWham on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:00 pm

stealth99 wrote:I spoke to mod Swifte and he advised that I should let admin know that the Battle Royale Medal Stats did not update from Valentines day (at least for me). I won a Battle Royale Game and my numbers are still a big fat goose egg. I have won several other games (non-Battle Royale) since then.

I would like to also add my thanks to all the mods for the effort on the 14th. I think it was a very fun day for those participating, with stuff for everyone. Just like when I go to Walmart, I don't judge based on the number of hick-ups, I judge based on how issues are handled when they arise and I had nothing but a pleasant experience in very quickly resolving two or three issues I had. Mods were there to serve and serve they did. Hats off guys. =D> =D> =D>

P.S. no joke, when i woke up on the 15th, I had exactly 69 extra hearts, from all the activity i had going when i did reach the first 69 hearts. Is that an omen? It killed me to bust up that pretty number to enter the singles awareness.

Regarding BR medals: Based on the way they are issued via triggers, these should be issued the next time you win any tournament game. Please advise if that doesn't happen.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 pm

poptartpsycho18 wrote:
bigWham wrote:The Singles Awareness Day Tournament has opened

As it has been noted, the prize for the tourney includes hearts so if they disappear, why are they being awarded?

Those particular Hearts may be an exception ;)
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hannibal 19 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:45 pm

bigWham wrote:
stealth99 wrote:I spoke to mod Swifte and he advised that I should let admin know that the Battle Royale Medal Stats did not update from Valentines day (at least for me). I won a Battle Royale Game and my numbers are still a big fat goose egg. I have won several other games (non-Battle Royale) since then.

Regarding BR medals: Based on the way they are issued via triggers, these should be issued the next time you win any tournament game. Please advise if that doesn't happen.

I won the The Tournament of Cuddles Round 1 game and my BR number is still the same 7 and should be 10 and medal too. One more thing i think that in some BR which were nuclear, the number of unique nuclear kills stayed the same but I can't check it.
Major Hannibal 19

Postby bigWham on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Hannibal 19 wrote:
bigWham wrote:

I won the The Tournament of Cuddles Round 1 game and my BR number is still the same 7 and should be 10 and medal too. One more thing i think that in some BR which were nuclear, the number of unique nuclear kills stayed the same but I can't check it.

unclear why that was the case. i just triggered the process manually for you and it worked without issues. we will monitor it for other people. the critical thing is that the wins are recorded, so the medals will definitely get issued, even if on delay.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Voice on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:07 pm

That was such a well run event. Props to you, Mr. Wham.
Major The Voice

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

I got to disagree with you on one thing. I joined a battle Royale and could not deploy my troops. Good news for me was I was the first to join the game so all I needed to do was wait for everybody to deadbeat giving me an easy win and my first battle royale victory ever. The game was deleted to my disappointment and my valentine day ruined.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby stealth99 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 pm

bigWham wrote:Regarding BR medals: Based on the way they are issued via triggers, these should be issued the next time you win any tournament game. Please advise if that doesn't happen.

I have now won several tourney games and nothing has changed for me either. Can I get one of those manual adjustments please?

tyvm
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby bigWham on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:37 pm

stealth99 wrote:
bigWham wrote:Regarding BR medals: Based on the way they are issued via triggers, these should be issued the next time you win any tournament game. Please advise if that doesn't happen.

I have now won several tourney games and nothing has changed for me either. Can I get one of those manual adjustments please?

tyvm

sorry guys, closer inspection made it clear that another BR win would be needed to trigger the medal update... which is kinda tough, so i changed the logic to be triggered by any tourney win. next tourney win should do the trick.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby stealth99 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Just won a tourney game, pm followed immediately advising me of my Battle Royale Medal. It works perfectly now. Thank you very much. It is very pretty. Thanks again to all you guys that mass attacked each other in the last 20 seconds of our game, leaving me the victor when all the smoke cleared. :-)
Cook stealth99

Postby Swifte on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 am

Love Names Gallery
Here are the results of our game, 'Love Names' that was held in Live Chat. Contestants had 5 minutes to caption random photos, with winners earning up to 3 hearts!
Check out Live Chat for more events like this in the future :)
And thanks to everyone that played along!

show: Images 1 to 3

show: Images 4 to 6

show: Images 7 to 9

show: Images 10 to 12

show: Images 13 to 15

show: Images 16 to 19

show: Images 20 and 21
Colonel Swifte

Postby bigWham on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:42 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Congratulations to alaskanassassin for winning The Tournament of Cuddles and becoming the first owner of a Red Conquer Star!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Great job!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives