Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 112 19-02-14] Work in Progress -- and You

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 112 19-02-14] Work in Progress -- and You

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 112th edition of the Dispatch :)

With this issue, we bring you our new and improved navigation menu:

Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image

I want to thank our new Artists' Commune for these buttons, especially Shannon Apple who produced the latest generation of navigation buttons that you see above, Dakky21 who produced the last batch (that you saw in Issue 111 last time), EBConquer who has produced the new banner for Current Recon, and all the other members of the Artists' Commune who have helped out with commentary and advice. The reconstruction of the Dispatch is a work-in-progress, and we welcome your commentary as we experiment with different looks and designs!

It is our hope that the above navigation buttons will make it even easier and more pleasant to navigate to your favourite section!

The theme of this issue is "Work in Progress -- and You" This means two things. First, we are undergoing major changes to serve you better and provide you with more information than ever before. I'm sure you've already noticed that the Dispatch is changing and growing, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to come in the next few months!

The second thing the title means is that we need your help to get all this done. I've already mentioned our new Artists' Commune that is working very nicely at upgrading the graphics. What we need next is more editors, and especially more writers. I hope you'll consider is joining us to help. As you can see, our writers have been very busy -- possibly too busy. Sometimes it is too much work for our limited number of volunteers. If you love CC, and you don't mind stringing together a few paragraphs now and then, we would really love to have you join our team.

Once again, we have so much on tap! All the clan news in the Platoon Report, all the tournament news in War Games, and the roundup of what's happening in the Foundry in our Cartographic Survey. Go ahead, click on the new buttons, and explore! The Interrogation Room contains BoganGod -- love him or hate him, but you can't ignore him!

The subsection that I used to call "Late-Breaking News" now has its own section, "Current Recon". This edition of Current Recon carries a round-up of the news from the big Valentines' Day Event, news of recent Conquerors, and a couple of tournament announcements.

Dukasaur - Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please click here!...
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Hello again readers. Hope the Valentine Events were a blast for you. We sit down with Bogan to talk about clan life, and I've got another Scum Insider for you.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of BoganGod
Captain safariguy5

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome Conquer Club clan enthusiasts to another edition of the Platoon Report!

This edition of the Platoon Report, betiko brings us an update to Random League IV, projecting the standings through round 7. A handful of the top clans are competing in this event which is entirely on random maps... the only thing that appears not to be random is the results!

Thanks for checking out the Platoon Report - many more updates next issue.

Swifte
Clan Executive

Random League IV update by Betiko
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

It may have been one heck of a Valentine's Day last weekend, but our writers sure didn't forget about you! We continue to deliver their news staples with mcshanester29's latest MTTO Interview with alaskanassassin, DaveH's update of TPA happenings in TPA Wrap, and my selection of tournaments awaiting signups in Join This? Or Not!

Enjoy!

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Organizers: alaskanassassin by mcshanester29
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Colonel anamainiacks

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

So it's Issue 112, and for those of you who don't know, or who might live in the States, dialing the number 112 in most of Europe is like dialing 911 in the US. So unless you're being chased by a Dukasaur through Italy (or you have a real emergency), don't hit 112.

As always we'll highlight the great maps in development, and for this issue I'm going to dust off one of Koontz1973's posts from Issue 65, February 2012, which gives a great in-depth view of the making of Rourke's Drift.

And now on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Diary of a map. Rorke's Drift - Part one. koontz1973
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Fishydance. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Fishydance

Some potential ideas we are working on for upcoming issues include a new series on the history of Risk and Risk-like games.

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 112 19-02-14] Work in Progress -- and

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 am

Actual publication date Thursday Feb 20th 2014 @0328.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:57 am

No trivia this time guys; I didn't get entries in time. Another great issue. :)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Ffraid on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:35 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:No trivia this time guys; I didn't get entries in time. Another great issue. :)

Sorry, sorry, my bad. I realized, as I was sending my answers, that "before the next issue of the Dispatch is released" probably means "in time to be published in the next issue of the Dispatch". So, I don't know about dakky21, but I got mine in "on time" just not "in time". My apologies to you both for holding up the contest. :oops:

Agreed on another great issue :!:
Colonel Ffraid

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Ffraid wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:No trivia this time guys; I didn't get entries in time. Another great issue. :)

Sorry, sorry, my bad. I realized, as I was sending my answers, that "before the next issue of the Dispatch is released" probably means "in time to be published in the next issue of the Dispatch". So, I don't know about dakky21, but I got mine in "on time" just not "in time". My apologies to you both for holding up the contest. :oops:

Agreed on another great issue :!:

No problem. Technically you and dakky both got your answers in one time - as did a new entrant - but not enough time for me to publish. Since this was going to be bi-issue it's not an issue.

:)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Platoon Report

Postby Aaron234 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Swifte wrote:Image

Welcome Conquer Club clan enthusiasts to another edition of the Platoon Report!

This edition of the Platoon Report, betiko brings us an update to Random League IV, projecting the standings through round 7. A handful of the top clans are competing in this event which is entirely on random maps... the only thing that appears not to be random is the results!

Thanks for checking out the Platoon Report - many more updates next issue.

Swifte
Clan Executive

Random League IV update by Betiko
show
Man life cant be better.
If you see that 5,6 Monkey shoot to kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cadet Aaron234

Location: 187 Bloody bath water street & Death valley New york..

Return to Newsletter Issues