Conquer Club

The Championships - Triples [Complete]

For finished TPA, Championship and other great tournaments of the past

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Championships - Triples

Postby angola on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 am

Any answer to the question about whether it is 12 games at once?
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby shoop76 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 am

If its anything like the doubles its half of round 1 games then other half months later or maybe never.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby MD212 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Md212, danhulbert, radioman212 are in. We have 15 + wins as a trips team.
Major MD212

Postby Armandolas on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:58 am

Plase consider a couple of satellites. I volunteer to run it if its too much work for you, but plase consider it since all other Championships had some. Thanks
Colonel Armandolas

Postby hyposquasher on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:19 pm

angola wrote:Will all 12 first round games start at once? That is a bit much for triples games.

Today is the last day to register but we are still awaiting an answer to this question from a week ago.

If the game load is reasonable we would like to sign up with angola, jetsetwilly, hyposquasher.

Would like an answer to this question, though.
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby V.J. on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:51 pm

Seamus76, Sandman175 and V.J.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class V.J.

Postby josko.ri on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 pm

Josko.ri, Moonchild, Rodion sign us in please. Moonchild and Rodion needs 1 more win together to be eligible, and they will make it until 10th April when the tournament starts.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:16 pm

hyposquasher wrote:
angola wrote:Will all 12 first round games start at once? That is a bit much for triples games.

Today is the last day to register but we are still awaiting an answer to this question from a week ago.

If the game load is reasonable we would like to sign up with angola, jetsetwilly, hyposquasher.

We will split the round to get only half the games at once.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby stealth99 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 pm

We'd like to play in this thing and we're not sure if we qualify so here goes:

stealth99
conquerhero
bpt777

We have 5 wins as a complete team.

stealth99 and conquerhero have 10 trips wins together.

stealth99 and bpt777 have 7 trips wins together.

bpt777 and conquerhero have 5 trips wins together.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 pm

stealth99 wrote:We'd like to play in this thing and we're not sure if we qualify so here goes:

stealth99
conquerhero
bpt777

Under the rule I proposed you dont qualify. Stealth and conquerhero are eligible but bpt777 has 12 wins with stealth and 10 wins with conquerhero so he is not eligible.
Major josko.ri

Re: The Championships - Triples at least 3 more needed

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:05 pm

stealth99 wrote:We'd like to play in this thing and we're not sure if we qualify so here goes:

stealth99
conquerhero
bpt777

At present you do not qualify. I've added your names to the list, since the list as a whole is "unverified" and there may be other teams on there that do not qualify.

You might still have time to win a few more games together, although probably not on big maps or slow settings. Perhaps you could take a shot at some speed games?

It is pretty obvious that we have not made our target of 48 teams, and it is also pretty obvious that we have gone beyond the original March 31st deadline. Thus, either the deadline will be further extended, or the number of teams in the tournament will be further reduced. This is an official Webmaster-ordained tournament, so the final decision is Big Wham's, not mine.

I have worked out a plan for a new round 1 for 32 teams. At present we have 30 teams signed up, at least one of which we already know to be ineligible, so it's no more than 29. Thus, I'm marking the tournament "at least 3 more teams needed." That would get us to my revised goal of 32, although as noted my revised goal has not yet been confirmed. To get to our original goal of 48 we still need 19.

There may be other teams in the 29 who signed up without actually being eligible, so until confirming everyone on launch day we might have a lot more room than you realize.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: The Championships - Triples at least 3 more teams needed

Postby benga on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Why just not take all?

There are under 50 teams anyway, like this this will be a joke
Sergeant benga

Postby hyposquasher on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:21 pm

hyposquasher wrote:

Thanks for answering this, we qualify and would like to be in, please :)
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby angola on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:51 pm

hyposquasher wrote:
hyposquasher wrote:

Thanks for answering this, we qualify and would like to be in, please :)

We being:

angola
jetsetwilly
hyposquasher

Cheers.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:52 am

One team added, but one existing team has withdrawn. We remain three teams short.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Great-Ollie on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:19 am

Great-Ollie
lynch5762
jordy2425

Ok just seen we are already signed up. Sorry. Ignore me. lol
Last edited by Great-Ollie on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby josko.ri on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:42 am

josko.ri wrote:Josko.ri, Moonchild, Rodion sign us in please. Moonchild and Rodion needs 1 more win together to be eligible, and they will make it until 10th April when the tournament starts.

We are now eligible.

We have 12 wins as a triples team.

josko.ri&Moonchild have additional 86 wins together.
josko.ri&Rodion have additional 6 wins together.
Moonchild&Rodion have additional 3 wins together.

This is supposed to be the biggest triples tournament annually. However, with (maybe) 32 teams signed in, it can hardly be considered as such. I really think qualifying requirements of 15 games per player are too much, even with a little easier rule added afterwards.

I suggest that you cut down that number from 15 to 5, or even make no requirements of minimal games. However, you can then give priority to everyone who satisfies initial requirement of 15 games, and only fill remaining slots up to (hopefully) 48 with the ones who do not satisfy initial requirement, based by combined team score. That would allow every top players to be eligible for the remaining 16~18 slots and having top players signed in would serve as raising total quality of the tournament on really high level. This is big decision, but if you think how important this tournament should nominally be for CC community, then you will see that the decision is really justified. This suggestion especially applies because this tournament did not have satellites so players did not have alternative ways to qualify.
Major josko.ri

Postby Leehar on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 pm

In with maasman and lequeen.
I actually think there's not even a need for qualifying requirements. It makes sense when you have too many applicants and you need to pick the best options (eg 1v1 etc), but no sense in limiting the applications entirely.

josko.ri wrote:Thanks to Dukasaur or accepting the proposal :)

Gilligan wrote:So let me understand that properly -

Gilligan, SuperWang, Peter Gibbons - 12 wins together.

Gilligan and Peter Gibbons have won 8 triples games without SuperWang.
Gilligan and SuperWang have won 15 triples games without Peter Gibbons.
SuperWang and Peter Gibbons have won 5 games without Gilligan.

Does this mean that we qualify? The way I see it, part in 2) means we only need 2 wins without the other player apiece.

As i worded it i will explain:

You have 12 wins together so n=12. That means you need only 3 wins (15-n) in combination of eqch of 3 players together, and your numbers are 8/15/5 so you qualify.

You would not qualify if your numbers are for example 8/15/2 because in that case SuperWang and Petter Gibbons are not eligible because they would have 14 triples wins together (12 with Gilligan and 2 with other teammate).

Wouldn't Superwing & Peter have (12+8/12+15=) 20/27 with gilligan respectively, and 2 with other teammate?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby josko.ri on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Leehar wrote:In with maasman and lequeen.
I actually think there's not even a need for qualifying requirements. It makes sense when you have too many applicants and you need to pick the best options (eg 1v1 etc), but no sense in limiting the applications entirely.

josko.ri wrote:Thanks to Dukasaur or accepting the proposal :)

Gilligan wrote:So let me understand that properly -

Gilligan, SuperWang, Peter Gibbons - 12 wins together.

Gilligan and Peter Gibbons have won 8 triples games without SuperWang.
Gilligan and SuperWang have won 15 triples games without Peter Gibbons.
SuperWang and Peter Gibbons have won 5 games without Gilligan.

Does this mean that we qualify? The way I see it, part in 2) means we only need 2 wins without the other player apiece.

As i worded it i will explain:

You have 12 wins together so n=12. That means you need only 3 wins (15-n) in combination of eqch of 3 players together, and your numbers are 8/15/5 so you qualify.

You would not qualify if your numbers are for example 8/15/2 because in that case SuperWang and Petter Gibbons are not eligible because they would have 14 triples wins together (12 with Gilligan and 2 with other teammate).

Wouldn't Superwing & Peter have (12+8/12+15=) 20/27 with gilligan respectively, and 2 with other teammate?

No, 12 wins would be with team superwing/peter/gilligan and 2 more wins would be with superwing/peter/nonGilligan which makes superwing/peter together only 14 wins because gilligan+nonGilligan includes all combinations of third player, yet with all combinations of third player they would not have 15 wins.
Major josko.ri

Postby stealth99 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

There may be other teams in the 29 who signed up without actually being eligible, so until confirming everyone on launch day we might have a lot more room than you realize.

Does this comment mean that there is further chance that the restrictions will be lowered to include us or does it mean that we may have more time to meet the restrictions?.....or neither

Thanks very much for your help.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby QuikSilver on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:35 pm

Donelladan wrote:hi, in with Momo33 and QuikSilver please.
we have 15 triples win.

Dukasaur you spelled my name uncorrect. Like donelladan said... QuikSilver with no ''c''

In your team list it's written QuickSilver... you got the wrong person! Thanks :)
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 am

stealth99 wrote:

Does this comment mean that there is further chance that the restrictions will be lowered to include us or does it mean that we may have more time to meet the restrictions?.....or neither

Thanks very much for your help.

For now you're on the list. No promises, but if you are working at qualifying (ie., if you are currently playing some other games to try to qualify) that strengthens your case.

QuikSilver wrote:
Donelladan wrote:hi, in with Momo33 and QuikSilver please.
we have 15 triples win.

Dukasaur you spelled my name uncorrect. Like donelladan said... QuikSilver with no ''c''

In your team list it's written QuickSilver... you got the wrong person! Thanks :)

Fixed, thanks.

josko.ri wrote:
This is supposed to be the biggest triples tournament annually. However, with (maybe) 32 teams signed in, it can hardly be considered as such. I really think qualifying requirements of 15 games per player are too much, even with a little easier rule added afterwards.

I suggest that you cut down that number from 15 to 5, or even make no requirements of minimal games. However, you can then give priority to everyone who satisfies initial requirement of 15 games, and only fill remaining slots up to (hopefully) 48 with the ones who do not satisfy initial requirement, based by combined team score. That would allow every top players to be eligible for the remaining 16~18 slots and having top players signed in would serve as raising total quality of the tournament on really high level. This is big decision, but if you think how important this tournament should nominally be for CC community, then you will see that the decision is really justified. This suggestion especially applies because this tournament did not have satellites so players did not have alternative ways to qualify.

We may further lower the requirement. I don't think it will disappear entirely.

The logic is this: it is supposed to be a contest for "teams" not for "individuals who can put together a team." In other words, teams that have been together in the long run and weren't just put together for the tournament. We know that there are strategic masterminds who can take a random group of cadets and coach them through to a win. What we're trying to find here is the best "team" on CC, in terms of people who are actually comrades, together for the long term, and have some kind of symbiotic relationship that makes them more than just a transient group. It's about the friendships and relationship that a long-term team sustains.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jordy2425 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 pm

The logic is this: it is supposed to be a contest for "teams" not for "individuals who can put together a team." In other words, teams that have been together in the long run and weren't just put together for the tournament. We know that there are strategic masterminds who can take a random group of cadets and coach them through to a win. What we're trying to find here is the best "team" on CC, in terms of people who are actually comrades, together for the long term, and have some kind of symbiotic relationship that makes them more than just a transient group. It's about the friendships and relationship that a long-term team sustains.[/quote]

+1 =D>
Lieutenant jordy2425

Postby antcowan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 pm

:D :?
Lieutenant antcowan

PreviousNext

Return to Super Events/Special Tournaments