Conquer Club

How To Use The New Panel Interface

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: How To Use The New Panel Interface

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 07, 2014 10:25 am

I will always use BOB over this and on the very rare occasion I don't have access to BOB I wouldn't use the interface.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby timogl on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 am

dude, damn it. the clickies are not working again this morning. i want to click a tert and put one troop there. why is that not working? and then it doesn't work to click the place you want to attack also. why........not? why can it work yesterday and then not work today? what is the basic difference between today and yesterday? thanks.
Lieutenant timogl

Postby Sirius Kase on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 am

Moderators were on last night modifying things. Seem to have made several intentional changes and broke a few other things. Changes were not confined to the panel interface, which I don't use.
Corporal Sirius Kase

Postby timogl on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:33 am

well, reloading the clickable maps fixed it anyway.
Lieutenant timogl

Postby timogl on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:16 am

or i thought it did. for maximum fun factor now, sometimes it works, and sometimes not. sometimes, you hover it there,and it says "left click deploy one." and sometimes there is nothing there, so, you click it and it deploys all.

god.......damn..........it. listen, i am not a person that usually complains about this stuff. the membership is cheap enough, so, i don't like to complain. but, can you guys not get this straight? just say so, if you can't, that's fine. i figure out something else. thanks.
Lieutenant timogl

Postby IcePack on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 pm

timogl wrote:or i thought it did. for maximum fun factor now, sometimes it works, and sometimes not. sometimes, you hover it there,and it says "left click deploy one." and sometimes there is nothing there, so, you click it and it deploys all.

god.......damn..........it. listen, i am not a person that usually complains about this stuff. the membership is cheap enough, so, i don't like to complain. but, can you guys not get this straight? just say so, if you can't, that's fine. i figure out something else. thanks.

Site clickies or 3rd party? Both should be working, but if not:

1) site clickies issue - make bug. Report
2) 3rd party issue - post in clickies tool area

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 am

eh... followed a link here to move my boxes where they should be... and of course it didn't work.. i don't get fancy little arrows on the windows when i scroll or whatever... point blank, worse roll out of a new interface ever... what a disaster...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby P3K on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:17 am

Once I set the panels as I would like them to be is there a way to set that configuration to be my default? Thanks!
Private 1st Class P3K

Postby Ragnars Wolves on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 am

Geeeez, This all may be fine for the guys that are:

1. VERY computer literate (not us old guys that have been around since before computers/playstations/etc.

2. Changing things without any damn notice. I mean.....C'mon guys, I go to my game and can't attack (I DID figure out if I got OUT of the game and came back in...sometimes I could attack once and then repeat. But not always.

3. Give some CLEAR & DEFINITIVE directions. Or, have a spot where you can explain how to clear the cache and turn off Greasemonkey etc. I had to spend 3 days getting the damn thing on, and find out I had to use Mozilla to make it and BOB work. NOW, I can go to Mozilla and see the BOB stats I need, and then go to Google Chrome and play the damn game (oh yeah, if I forget or don't spend 15 minutes writing notes while in Mozilla...I have to go back and start the process over.

4. One reason I got on here was the help was GREAT when a question was asked, so as ignorant as I am, I always felt I had help. NOW, Nobody has a definate fix, and I DAMN sure don't understand how to dig in and fix it without step by step directions. I certainly wish this had come a couple of months ago when I re-upped my membership.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE MY SUGGESTION CC...START A THREAD THAT DEALS WITH THIS PROBLEM ONLY. EXPLAIN WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN'T DO, AND EXPLAIN IT SO AVERAGE PEOPLE (or in my case below average computer intelligiance ) CAN GET BACK ON THE ROAD!!! AAAAR :? :evil: RRRGGGG
Lieutenant Ragnars Wolves

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 am

Once I set the panels as I would like them to be is there a way to set that configuration to be my default? Thanks!

They should remain the same as long as you stay on the same computer. But on each computer you play you'll have to set the configuration you like again.
And if you use different browser also. Information are stored on your browser ( I think in the cookies but not sure) so if you erase all information stored in your browser, you'll have to do the setting again also.

1. VERY computer literate (not us old guys that have been around since before computers/playstations/etc.

2. Changing things without any damn notice. I mean.....C'mon guys, I go to my game and can't attack (I DID figure out if I got OUT of the game and came back in...sometimes I could attack once and then repeat. But not always.

3. Give some CLEAR & DEFINITIVE directions. Or, have a spot where you can explain how to clear the cache and turn off Greasemonkey etc. I had to spend 3 days getting the damn thing on, and find out I had to use Mozilla to make it and BOB work. NOW, I can go to Mozilla and see the BOB stats I need, and then go to Google Chrome and play the damn game (oh yeah, if I forget or don't spend 15 minutes writing notes while in Mozilla...I have to go back and start the process over.

4. One reason I got on here was the help was GREAT when a question was asked, so as ignorant as I am, I always felt I had help. NOW, Nobody has a definate fix, and I DAMN sure don't understand how to dig in and fix it without step by step directions. I certainly wish this had come a couple of months ago when I re-upped my membership.

CC is not responsible for BOB or Greasemonkey.
Do you want to talk about the CC panel interface that you could use instead of BOB and Greasemonkey ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby JulezC on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:28 am

Not seeing things like gamesettings, chat, etc on the same page is a huge fail.
Also the old interface showed the selected region on the map.
Why the bloody hell would one remove feats like that?
Private JulezC

Postby Bantam on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:48 pm

I'll be honest I was very happy with BOB - but in the end - the right thing for the long term is to move to the new Panel Interface.
So I've moved - been playing away happily for a week and a bit and was really confident - once i had my panels laid out properly.

However....
Suddenly the action panel which i had floating and at a reasonable size has grown to being screen width and occupying the bottom of my display and i can't seem to reduce it ?

Any ideas to get it back like it was ? - before i delete the cookies and start again...
Gladiators of Noxious
Captain Bantam

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:53 am

Not seeing things like gamesettings, chat, etc on the same page is a huge fail.
Also the old interface showed the selected region on the map.
Why the bloody hell would one remove feats like that?

You can still see things game setting, chat, etc on the same page. But you may need to organize it. It may be a bit tricky the first time but there is explanation how to do it in this topic I think.

Also you still see the selected region on the map, you probably desactivate it in your setting.

Selected Region Indicators: Do you want selected regions to be indicated on the map (currently set to Yes)?

it is the last option in your setting. Click yes and it will be fine.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby RobbieDub on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 pm

I really like the idea of panels and have been using for a while.
There seems to be bugs in the auto snapshots though. They say they are taken after the turn but they show what the board was like at the start of the turn.
Also when you are in the middle of the turn and you highlight your spots to see what is safe and what is not it shows the set up at the start of the turn not mid turn.
I'm on a mac using firefox 31 should I switch for better performance?
Highest Rank Colonel with 2932
Captain RobbieDub

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:23 am

Selected Region Indicators: Do you want selected regions to be indicated on the map (currently set to Yes)?

I would love to know what this does. As near as I can tell , nothing.

I am usually on an iPad or on an iMac with FF31
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jonofperu on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm struggling to figure out how to use panels.
Generally it works OK, but I can't seem to move the panels exactly where I want. No way to move the "Map" panel to the bottom of the right side column. On some maps the map panel is HUGE and I need it out of the way, but would like to be able to easily check for bonuses held.
One big annoyance... the "Stats" panel doesn't seem to be fully functional. The "Last" column never shows anything other than 0. Would very much like to be able to see the bonuses everyone got last turn without scrolling through the log.
And one other minor thing... I have to refresh the page if I resize my browser window. Otherwise the panels stay squished or however they were.

BoB was much more efficient for showing me all the info I needed within limited space.
Major jonofperu

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:38 pm

jonofperu wrote:One big annoyance... the "Stats" panel doesn't seem to be fully functional. The "Last" column never shows anything other than 0. Would very much like to be able to see the bonuses everyone got last turn without scrolling through the log.

The Stats panel works. It sounds like you have "Advanced Processing" turned off in your settings. Turn it on and try it again.

Most of your other criticisms I agree with, but that particular one can be fixed with one click...:)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jonofperu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks! Scratch one from the list. :-)
Major jonofperu

Postby jonofperu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Is there an easy solution to not being able to move the Console panel anywhere but "bottom" or "Right on the bottom"? I can move it back and forth between below the map and at the bottom of the right column, but no way to put in at the TOP of the right column...
Major jonofperu

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:31 am

jonofperu wrote:Is there an easy solution to not being able to move the Console panel anywhere but "bottom" or "Right on the bottom"? I can move it back and forth between below the map and at the bottom of the right column, but no way to put in at the TOP of the right column...

I did manage to get it up there at one point, but I can't remember how I did it.

Maybe somebody else knows?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Foxglove on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:46 pm

jonofperu wrote:Is there an easy solution to not being able to move the Console panel anywhere but "bottom" or "Right on the bottom"? I can move it back and forth between below the map and at the bottom of the right column, but no way to put in at the TOP of the right column...

You can do this! It's confusing, but basically you have to keep clicking the move button, because every time you do it rotates the position of the element you're moving. So it'll go to the bottom of the right column, then the bottom of the left column, and *then* the top of the right column.

Shoot me a PM if it doesn't make sense when you try it, and I'll help you walk through it.
Brigadier Foxglove

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion