Conquer Club

[Vacation until Dec] Knights & Warlocks - V15 - page 1&12

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Knights & Warlocks

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Per mapmakers request this map has been [MOVED]
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: [Vacation - valid until Feb 2013] Knights & Warlocks

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

The six months of vacation for this map has expired and this map will now be labeled as [Abandoned]. If the original mapmaker wants to continue this map project that's fine but an update must provided. From this moment anyone else is free to take this project without the original mapmakers permission, but it has to be started from scratch.
Captain nolefan5311

Re: [Abandoned] Knights & Warlocks

Postby nicarus on Fri May 03, 2013 5:46 pm

someone should pick this up and finish it, i was really looking forward to playing it but it seems dim has gone awol.
Sergeant 1st Class nicarus

Knights & Warlocks - V15 - page 1&12

Postby DiM on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

could a cartography assistant please move this to the active maps sub-forum?
i'd like to resume its development.
if i remember correctly an update is required to move a map from the recycle bin, but this already has the graphics badge so i'm not sure if anything needs to be changed.

these are the latest images.
map of neutrals:
Click image to enlarge.

large: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w250/DiM-topia/KnightsWarlocks-L.png
Click image to enlarge.

small:http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w250/DiM-topia/KnightsWarlocks-S.png
Click image to enlarge.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: [Abandoned] Knights & Warlocks - V15 - page 1&12

Postby Gilligan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:54 pm

welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :D :D =D> =D>
Captain Gilligan

Re: [Abandoned] Knights & Warlocks - V15 - page 1&12

Postby zimmah on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:35 am

I'm looking forward to finish this XML, but it won't be quick. Hopefully the updated XML makes it slightly easier, as i remember this one was a monster.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Re: Knights & Warlocks - V15 - page 1&12

Postby nicarus on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:18 am

sweet, i'm glad to see this getting finished. i was really looking forward to playing this one and was sad to see it put on hold.
Sergeant 1st Class nicarus

Postby DiM on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:18 pm

i'm glad you're glad nicarus :)

at this point unless anybody has more suggestions it's just a matter of zimmah finding time to work through the monster xml which apparently is gonna be thousands upon thousands of lines of code. yikes
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 am

Just posting quickly, so not sure if this has been said yet, but I can't read the blue regions at all.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Assassin07 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 pm

I like it
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby Assassin07 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:25 pm

How long til beta?
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:43 am

DiM hasn't been active in over a month.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:08 pm

DiM wrote:could a cartography assistant please move this to the active maps sub-forum?

thank you dad (or me, black jesus)!! DiM is back and the foundry finally has a good map in production... so tired of maps like Temple of Suck, etc (looks like video games my old ass played back in the day!!)... thank you, DiM!!! knew it had to be a BpB member to come in here and save the day!!! AGAIN!!!-Jésus noir

Let's Party!!!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:58 pm

owenshooter wrote:
DiM wrote:could a cartography assistant please move this to the active maps sub-forum?

thank you dad (or me, black jesus)!! DiM is back and the foundry finally has a good map in production... so tired of maps like Temple of Suck, etc (looks like video games my old ass played back in the day!!)... thank you, DiM!!! knew it had to be a BpB member to come in here and save the day!!! AGAIN!!!-Jésus noir

iAmCaffeine wrote:DiM hasn't been active in over a month.

Also, DiM made the AoR maps. Djinn is definitely better than those.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:51 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Many would not agree with you...
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

i was going to say that, too... those are some of the most popular series of maps on the site.. go look at the number of games played on them.. as far as Jinn or whatever it is, goes... i'm trying my first game on it, so i won't be as much of a dick when i say i don't like it (because i'll have played it)... i dislike it wholly on aesthetic reasons... i am a visual person and i find playing on vomit difficult (*unless it is vace coopers super cool, super innovative, VOMIT MAP*)... anyway, i'm giving it a go!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:26 am

owenshooter wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

i was going to say that, too... those are some of the most popular series of maps on the site.. go look at the number of games played on them.. as far as Jinn or whatever it is, goes... i'm trying my first game on it, so i won't be as much of a dick when i say i don't like it (because i'll have played it)... i dislike it wholly on aesthetic reasons... i am a visual person and i find playing on vomit difficult (*unless it is vace coopers super cool, super innovative, VOMIT MAP*)... anyway, i'm giving it a go!-Jésus noir

Of course they wouldn't. Many people also love Doodle Earth and that's a load of wank in terms of a strategic game.

I also judge a lot by aesthetics and a lot of new maps look horrendous. I think Djinn is fine.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to Recycling Box