Conquer Club

King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Postby GoranZ on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:07 pm

There is little weakness of HA castle... its easy to get from HJ castle to HA threw Knight at HJ2 and N29... I think that N29 and the forest south-east to it should swap places.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby random21 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:20 pm

agreed, and a safety added for ha, switch ha knight and ha archer to survive a treb assault. no safety for ha castle, all other castles have one. also, n29 - ha castle, is the shortest ground assault on the map
Field Marshal random21

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:39 pm

The problem here is making the changes you described. Changing the gameplay means changing the XML, and the XML can't be changed without affecting existing games as far as I'm aware.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby DiM on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:56 pm

ManBungalow wrote:The problem here is making the changes you described. Changing the gameplay means changing the XML, and the XML can't be changed without affecting existing games as far as I'm aware.

not saying there's one here, but if there's a flaw in the gameplay, then the map can simply be closed so that no new games are created. then the changes are done once all games are finished and the map is reopened.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:18 pm

DiM wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:The problem here is making the changes you described. Changing the gameplay means changing the XML, and the XML can't be changed without affecting existing games as far as I'm aware.

not saying there's one here, but if there's a flaw in the gameplay, then the map can simply be closed so that no new games are created. then the changes are done once all games are finished and the map is reopened.

I believe you are correct.

However, there are several games which are ongoing on the map with no end in sight. eg. Game 13160121 Admin going and putting a round limit on such games might be an option though?

Having the map closed for any length of time would knacker up tournaments, planned clan games etc.

I hate to be so negative about making a good change, but I don't think it'll happen unless there's a better way of implementing it.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby random21 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:56 am

hmm, also even now. knight being able to assault n29 directly, gives hj knight a range of 4. forests should be impassable. consider hh knight cannot hit n77. there is no different for n29.

making n29 forest helps. and i think make ha archer/switch ha knight ... which i believe has already been suggested, is correct move.

just make a whole new map.

we can have kc2, no changes to current ongoing games. and then make new map, kc2.2

wall off kc2 original, so that no new games cant created... new games must use kc2.2

when all games from kc2 original are finished, delete the map, and rename kc2.2 kc2 again.
Field Marshal random21

Postby Gilligan on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:03 am

random21 wrote:hmm, also even now. knight being able to assault n29 directly, gives hj knight a range of 4. forests should be impassable. consider hh knight cannot hit n77. there is no different for n29.

making n29 forest helps. and i think make ha archer/switch ha knight ... which i believe has already been suggested, is correct move.

we can have kc2, no changes to current ongoing games. and then make new map, kc2.2

wall off kc2 original, so that no new games cant created... new games must use kc2.2

when all games from kc2 original are finished, delete the map, and rename kc2.2 kc2 again.

I don't think this is an option, as maps cannot be deleted.
Captain Gilligan

Postby random21 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:29 pm

ok, so then dont delete, and have two kc2, with and without a fix?

or see the fastest possible route to fixing the map... and do so. there is no reason the community should object to this fix.

just the formalities of going about doing so
Field Marshal random21

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:57 pm

random21 wrote:ok, so then dont delete, and have two kc2, with and without a fix?

or see the fastest possible route to fixing the map... and do so. there is no reason the community should object to this fix.

just the formalities of going about doing so

well, to do anything permission needs to be granted by kabanellas. without that, there's no point in thinking any farther.
Captain Gilligan

Postby MrBenn on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:12 pm

If Kab was up for making a tweak could the map be put back into Beta for a while? It would probably be a less controversial change than the revisions to the Pearl Harbour map we did/undid back in the day.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:14 pm

MrBenn wrote:If Kab was up for making a tweak could the map be put back into Beta for a while? It would probably be a less controversial change than the revisions to the Pearl Harbour map we did/undid back in the day.

I believe so...though it would offer unique defeats for the beta medal.
Captain Gilligan

Postby MrBenn on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Gilligan wrote:
MrBenn wrote:If Kab was up for making a tweak could the map be put back into Beta for a while? It would probably be a less controversial change than the revisions to the Pearl Harbour map we did/undid back in the day.

I believe so...though it would offer unique defeats for the beta medal.

Perhaps a little more complex than I first thought!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby GoranZ on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm

I think that the little bug with Knight at HJ2 should be corrected, regardless that the map is out of beta... Knight simply jumps too much :D
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Goran and Random are right, there's definitely a 'bug' there (gentle word for 'clamorous mistake' made by the mapmaker when writing the XML :) ) HJ2 Knight should not be able to reach N29. Knights move up to 3 hexes not 4.

as for the change concerning HA Castle... I'm up for it. I reckon that there's a problem with HA having no 'safe ground'. I'd simply suggest swapping HA4 Village for HA1 Archer
Major Kabanellas

Postby Seulessliathan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 am

Gilligan wrote:
random21 wrote:hmm, also even now. knight being able to assault n29 directly, gives hj knight a range of 4. forests should be impassable. consider hh knight cannot hit n77. there is no different for n29.

I don't think this is an option, as maps cannot be deleted.

But then the original KC 2 map with the bug could be closed.
I support the suggested change about HA, and the bug about N29 should be fixed if possible.

But please don´t close the map, it could take many weeks until all games are finished.
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby GoranZ on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Kabanellas wrote:Goran and Random are right, there's definitely a 'bug' there (gentle word for 'clamorous mistake' made by the mapmaker when writing the XML :) ) HJ2 Knight should not be able to reach N29. Knights move up to 3 hexes not 4.

I guess not many players use N29 for attacking :)

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:17 am

Another bug on KC2... both HE5 and HC1 are not killing men due to supply shortages, although they are clearly not connected with the castle by road.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:22 pm

GoranZ wrote:Another bug on KC2... both HE5 and HC1 are not killing men due to supply shortages, although they are clearly not connected with the castle by road.

I think that's by design. None of the other castles have non-important hexes adjacent to the castle. All the "non-important" territories are designated with an N--. In terms of the instructions, those territories don't have a need for roads or supply lines because the supplies are in reach! ;)
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Fuchsia tude on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:24 pm

A couple of questions about the legend... there's no real visual indicator of which castle corresponds with which noble, is there? I see the castles are each named with a prominent letter, but that letter doesn't actually appear on the map above each noble.

Also, it says the college of cardinals can bombard "any court member", but the word "court" doesn't appear anywhere else outside of the title. Does that mean the college can bombard only counsellors, or are all nobles also potential targets?
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Postby Donelladan on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:17 am

Fuchsia tude wrote:A couple of questions about the legend... there's no real visual indicator of which castle corresponds with which noble, is there? I see the castles are each named with a prominent letter, but that letter doesn't actually appear on the map above each noble.

Also, it says the college of cardinals can bombard "any court member", but the word "court" doesn't appear anywhere else outside of the title. Does that mean the college can bombard only counsellors, or are all nobles also potential targets?

To the 2nd question, the college of cardinals. bombard all counsellors and all nobles.

To the 1st question, the initial of each noble corresponds to its castle.

Aldudenie Noble -> HA Castle
Beoren Noble -> HB Castle
Cirth Noble -> HC castle
Doriath Noble -> HD castle
etc.

you can see the name of the noble when you hover over the territory.

Otherwise I never really needed to check that. You can see clearly with which nobles/castles you start, and once your take someone else castle, you can select the noble to attack, so no real need to know beforehand which noble is connected to which castle.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Fuchsia tude on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Fuchsia tude wrote:A couple of questions about the legend... there's no real visual indicator of which castle corresponds with which noble, is there? I see the castles are each named with a prominent letter, but that letter doesn't actually appear on the map above each noble.

To the 2nd question, the college of cardinals. bombard all counsellors and all nobles.

To the 1st question, the initial of each noble corresponds to its castle.

Aldudenie Noble -> HA Castle
Beoren Noble -> HB Castle
Cirth Noble -> HC castle
Doriath Noble -> HD castle
etc.

you can see the name of the noble when you hover over the territory.

Otherwise I never really needed to check that. You can see clearly with which nobles/castles you start, and once your take someone else castle, you can select the noble to attack, so no real need to know beforehand which noble is connected to which castle.

Ah. That the "court" includes nobles isn't very clear.

I see now that the initials "HA", "HB", etc. actually are written inside each individual noble circle. But considering how faint they are, not to mention immediately overwritten by the local troop count, it's not surprising we didn't notice that. Those should really be written where those little logo crests appear right now; especially since the latter don't actually appear anywhere on the map, they're just empty decoration.
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Previous

Return to The Atlas