Conquer Club

Scion of Glory recruitment.

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Scion of Glory recruitment.

Postby Red Army on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:10 pm

Overview
The Scion of Glory is a Conquer Club clan for all who play honorably. Its purpose is to bring together those with such ethics to create and sustain a supportive community of members, as well as organize its members for large scale endeavours, and by doing so provide to its members with services of friendly council, the oppourtunity to join sanctioned games guaranteed to provide a friendly yet competitive play environment, and make available a wide range of useful resources to them. The Scion of Glory is an organization which maintains a prestegious and respected image, and gives pride to its members.

Anyone who is into Conquer Club can join the Scion of Glory. A general knowledge of the game is expected, so the only qualifications are that you are a registered member at Conquer Club and regularly participate in games, and that you hold the rank of private or better with at least ten games completed.

Unlike other clans that do not accept members, the Scion of Glory will welcome and accept anyone who plays honorably, regardless of playing ability. You just have to be friendly and try your best. We believe that all such players deserve the benifits of a clan community, and also offer them a chance to connect with others like them and to be a part of something great. Members are not obligated to anything in the clan besides adhering to the code of honor, but the Scion offers oppourtunities to all who wish to get involved to fight for the glory and reputation of the clan, as well as participate actively in the organization and sustainance of the Scion of Glory community.

For more information check out our website:
http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index ... ionofglory

Please post here only if you are interested in joining the Scion of Glory, or are already a member of the Scion

Or contact me, Red Army or eolver by PM, I will get back to you and be happy to answer any questions.

For all other matters, go here:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3208
Last edited by Red Army on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby sully800 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:02 pm

"the only qualifications are that you are a registered member at Conquer Club and regularly participate in games, and that you hold the rank of private or better with at least ten games completed."

If you have completed over 5 games you are automatically a private or better...so it seems you could drop that part of the qualifications since its redundant.
Major sully800

Postby Red Army on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:08 pm

sully, would you like to join the Scion? Please clarify. If not please take notice not only of the overview but also of the big bold text.

You're right, it can be simplified to "10 games completed". However if you will not mind I'll not bother with such a trifle, as it will not impede anyone from understanding the post or joining the Scion of Glory.

Thank you all the same for your interest and input. To contact the Scion regarding all issues besides enrollment, please PM me or post in our other topic. This is only for recruitment of new members.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby birdzs_lover on Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:33 am

Hi! I have registered an account some time ago but I didn't play very much. But know it caught me. I have 8 games completed and one running.
I won my first game today :D

I would like to join Scion Of Glory.

I'll have 10 games in no time :)
Cadet birdzs_lover

Postby Red Army on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:54 pm

Welcome to the Scion of Glory.

Here is the updated memberlist:
-Red Army
-Capt Killroy
-eolver
-kaliko-keith
-cyberdaniel
-tbotkins
-Telvannia
-Riyanna
-Ham
-SprCobra
-birdzs_lover
-nieldrill
Last edited by Red Army on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby cyberdaniel on Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Red Army, I think we have to make a pro clan and put the requirements a bit higher.
Captain cyberdaniel

Postby SprCobra on Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:16 pm

Hmm
Do i really need to go though the story of the Undead Tactics?

Some people are really idiots
Cadet SprCobra

Postby Red Army on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:42 am

Red Army wrote:I have created the clan for everyone, to value honor above rank, which is mere numbers in a server's memory commanded by formulas. Honor is different, and it is sacred.

I understand the foundation of your suggestion, and the closest the scion gets to that is to use a rank system to designate the elite. Ranks will be assigned soon, in due time. Read more about them in Section II of the Constitution.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby OwlLawyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:45 am

I have no interest in the Scion of Glory.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby OwlLawyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:47 am

Sweet name choice though.

Main Entry: scion
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: a detached shoot or twig of living plant, esp. used for grafting
Etymology: Old French cion
Usage: botany
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby Red Army on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:54 am

Wrong definition Owl.

scion

n : a descendent or heir

The name choice makes perfect sense, the our clan is all about honor, pride, respect, and glory.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby OwlLawyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:56 am

My definition is cooler... the Detached Shoots or Twigs of Glory!
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby Red Army on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:00 am

Your defenition is irrelivant to the clan, please if you want to continue this discussion, do it by PM's. You are spamming up this topic.

Definition of our clan name: Of the bloodline of; heirs of glory.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby OwlLawyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:01 am

Lighten up. Please do keep in focus what you are talking about... an Interenet Risk Clan.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Re: Scion of Glory recruitment.

Postby Boxcutta on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:07 am

Red Army wrote:The Scion of Glory is a Conquer Club clan for all who play honorably.

Does that include waiting until the first two people in a singles game take their turn, then announcing an alliance so you can hide the fact that you're an awful, terrible pansy of a player and need the support of others?
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Boxcutta

Postby neildrill on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:13 am

dude you lost, deal with it
Corporal 1st Class neildrill

Postby OwlLawyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:14 am

OMG... his name is in his avatar!!111!!!!
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby carl on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:16 am

Red Army, i am impressed by your honor and would like to join the Scion of Glory with your permission.
Private carl

Postby Boxcutta on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:18 am

neildrill wrote:dude you lost, deal with it

What? It was an honest question. I was wondering if that was the type of honor they were looking for.

I forgot to ask if coming into a chatroom after he cheated, then lying about what happened and telling people I was avoiding a rematch was honorable too. I figure it might be more "heroic" than "honorable," but I'm not sure.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Boxcutta

Postby neildrill on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:18 am

OMG you can use your eyes!!!!!
Corporal 1st Class neildrill

Postby Red Army on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:06 am

Go to the game. Only you moved before we declared an alliance. Alliances were expected, we came for a team game. And I asked you not to post here unless you were joining. You didn't honor my request so I'm getting a moderator involved in this so that he can delete your spam.

carl, welcome to the Scion of Glory, you are welcome and accepted. Watch your inbox for my PM.

Boxcutta, I deny any charges of cheating, and you are free to report this matter to administration.

I did not lie about anything, and accused you of evading the promised match because your team failed to answer why you are delaying it and when will you be ready.

Again, please stop posting here. This is not the place.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby OwlLawyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:11 am

Red Army wrote:WAH!!!! MODERATOR!!!!!!
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby Joe McCarthy on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:13 am

Red Army wrote:I did not lie about anything, and accused you of evading the promised match because your team failed to answer why you are delaying it and when will you be ready.

AGAIN you piece of shit, you have the nerve to say this fucking lie yet again. Ok thats it, Youre a lying little bitch and the Scion of the Gloryhole is the douchiest clan in Risk. And thats saying something when the bushwackers are around for comparison.
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy

recruit

Postby eolver on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:16 am

Whatever happened, happened. Why cant you just accept her match and play it again. Spending ten pages of flames accomplishes nothing. At the end of the day this is still a site to PLAY Risk.
Sergeant 1st Class eolver

Postby skanska on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:26 am

Joe McCarthy wrote:
Red Army wrote:I did not lie about anything, and accused you of evading the promised match because your team failed to answer why you are delaying it and when will you be ready.

AGAIN you piece of shit, you have the nerve to say this fucking lie yet again. Ok thats it, Youre a lying little bitch and the Scion of the Gloryhole is the douchiest clan in Risk. And thats saying something when the bushwackers are around for comparison.

who the hell says douchiest??!!, keep up the good work red army, u have the freelancer clans support
Private skanska

Next

Return to Tournament Archives