Conquer Club

[GL] Game Log 2.0

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Game Log 2.0 *To-Do*

Postby Bananas on Tue May 01, 2007 6:04 am

I agree...
if the game log risk to be too long, it could be ok only quoting, i.e.

X attacked Egypt from Middle East and conquered it from Y (X lost n1 armies, Y lost n2 armies)

or

X tryed to attack Egypt from Middle East (X lost n1 armies, Y lost n2 armies)

I know that these information can be taken from looking at the map... but, for doing this, I copy the map after my turn and paste on a word document... so I could avoid this task!
Captain Bananas

.:Game Log Update:.

Postby JMody on Mon May 21, 2007 8:23 pm

Idea:
Updating of Game Log

Concept:
I would like to see every move I make in the game log. As of now all you can see is moves that you or other players are successful in making. I would like to see an implementation of all unsuccessful attacks with dice rolls added to the game log to be viewable only by you. It could be set up like when you type a note to yourself in the chat box.

Priority: 4?
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul;
the other for your freedom.
Private JMody

Postby dominationnation on Mon May 21, 2007 8:23 pm

check the to do list. its there under game log 2.0
Cook dominationnation

Postby JMody on Mon May 21, 2007 8:57 pm

No shit. I never even noticed that. Also i never realized that you could click on the updates that were in the works.

Any idea when this to-do list will become effective?
One died for your soul;
Private JMody

Postby dominationnation on Mon May 21, 2007 8:58 pm

lack is consitintly adding new things to this site. Give him time hes busy
Cook dominationnation

Postby JMody on Mon May 21, 2007 9:05 pm

Just curious. I haven't been here that long. Plan to be here for as long as I can though. I love Risk.
One died for your soul;
Private JMody

Recording attacks other than those that result in victory.

Postby tzor on Tue May 22, 2007 2:03 pm

To the victor belong the spoils, and apparently the color commentary. Currently in the game log only attacks that result in the complete defeat of a nation are recorded. Yet in a real game we can see the attacks of all the players. When someone has a horrid streak of the dice everyone can realize it. (Currently we only painfully see the horrid streak of our own dice.) There needs to be some way to record the unsuccessful attacks as well as the successful ones.

Currently the only message is the one of national victory:

YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS Player 1 attacked Nation 1 from Nation 2 and conquered it from Player 2

Perhaps we could add a new message if the attack was not one of victory.

YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS Player 1 attacked Nation 1 from Nation 2 held by Player 2 ā€“ Losses X:Y

The way the game is designed single attacks would probably have a line per attack and auto-attack could be consolidated. This would result in more lines in the game log but you can then tell when a player is having a bad dice day.
Cadet tzor

Postby moz976 on Tue May 22, 2007 2:05 pm

This is on the To-Do list labeled Game Log 2.0
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby JMody on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:44 am

There needs to be individual dice rolls. NEEDS TO BE!!! I am sick of these dice. I feel alienated by them. lol.
One died for your soul;
Private JMody

Postby andreweberman on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:23 am

If old games will eventually be deleted, there should be a way to save the information on to your personal computer. That way you could save a few of your more unbelievable wins for "posterity" cough*bragging*cough sake.
Sergeant 1st Class andreweberman

Re: game board history

Postby KennyC on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:01 pm

ertang wrote:I know that a more detailed game log is in the works. However, I would like to see a game history board. Where I could click on it and see the how the map looked after every turn. So, when a game is over, I can go back and look at how I started, and how the winner started and learn from there. Just a thought.

This thread is on the To-Do List even though it has not been brought up in awhile, but I wanted to emphasize the above point. This would be a huge tool in learning more about the game. Also it would be a great tool to help the multi/secret alliance hunters identify suspect scenarios, improving the integrity of the site even further!!
Sergeant KennyC

Extended Game Log

Postby KennyBlankenship on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:50 pm

Have an option to see the standard game log or an extended game log. In the extended game log you would see not only the deployments and fortifications, but where the player attacked, the dice rolls, and the advances.
Corporal KennyBlankenship

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:09 pm

Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Yep, thanks yeti_c. Game Log 2.0 is already on the to-do list. Please check that before making a new suggestion. Thanks :)
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Game Log Details

Postby Lance Thrust on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:31 pm

Forgive me if this may have been brought up before, but I would find it helpful if the game log displayed more detail when describing who attacked whom. It shows how many armies each player received, but only says "Player X attacked Country Y and conquered it from Player Z". Sometimes I find myself trying to figure who hit who for how many armies. Furthermore, if someone 'softens' you by hitting without conquering, that never shows up. So in a nutshell, here is what I would like to see:

An indication (in Game Log) of how many armies attacked how many armies regardless of the outcome.

i.e. - Bob attacked Iceland (5 armies) from Greenland (10 armies) conquering it from Doug
or - Jay attacked David in Alberta (3 armies) from Ontario (5 armies)

or something like that...

Thoughts, anyone?
Colonel Lance Thrust

Postby USAFA2011 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:44 pm

I like this idea as well, would make it easier to keep track of things in non RT games.
Sergeant 1st Class USAFA2011

YES

Postby Keredrex on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Great idea.. it would help in all game types... Like in LOOOONG Sequential games... it would show you who Softened your armies if multyiple Players attacked your area... Example>...
Red-Attacked from Greenland (7 armies) to Icelands (12 armies).... then green attacked from Norway (10 armies ) to Icelands (5 armies) and conquered from Cyan
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:49 pm

this is a great idea. In fact it is so good that it has been susgested before! If you check the sticky at the top of this page you wil see a thread called the *to do* list. If you look on thier it will give you everything that has been susgested and what it has been marked. And while you are checking stickys you might want to check the one that shows the correct fourm for posting susgesions. Thank you :D
Cook dominationnation

Postby Lance Thrust on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:22 pm

Okay, I'll plead ignorance since obviously you have been around here a bit more than I have. But, I did check the sticky and didn't see anything related to this. (That is why I posted). I did see the note which said:

"Please continue to post all new suggestions and ideas in new topics, and any opinions on the exsisting topics below in the designated thread."

So that is what I did.

I went over all the topics twice...which one is it you are referring to, Dom?
Colonel Lance Thrust

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Lance Thrust wrote:Okay, I'll plead ignorance since obviously you have been around here a bit more than I have. But, I did check the sticky and didn't see anything related to this. (That is why I posted). I did see the note which said:

"Please continue to post all new suggestions and ideas in new topics, and any opinions on the exsisting topics below in the designated thread."

So that is what I did.

I went over all the topics twice...which one is it you are referring to, Dom?

:? Im pretty sure its there. I will check again to make sure though.

Edit-Yeah if you click here you can see the origanl thread with the susgestion.
Cook dominationnation

Postby Lance Thrust on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Cool...thanks dom. I figured somone should have mentioned it.

But it never hurts to keep the idea alive... :wink:
Colonel Lance Thrust

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Lance Thrust wrote:Cool...thanks dom. I figured somone should have mentioned it.

But it never hurts to keep the idea alive... :wink:
dont worry. Lack will get around to it :wink:
Cook dominationnation

Postby Lance Thrust on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:59 am

ahhh...I just found it in the link that Dom provided above. It is called Game Log 2.0, and looks like it is in the To-Do list.

Thanks again Dom...!
Colonel Lance Thrust

How many armies at the start of your turn (log change)

Postby Ghost715 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:57 pm

How about how many total armies someone has?
Message now has:
Ghost715 receives 3 armies for 2 territories
Change it to:
Ghost715 receives 3 armies for 2 territories (23 armies)

That way when you are looking at logs of other games after they are over, you can see how strong they were at a given point. Like 2 countries for someone, but how many armies? Like why didn't someone take those two out? Having it logged how many total armies someone has at the start of their turn would be useful.
Can't be that tough to program, you are already counting the number of countries.
Corporal Ghost715

Postby unclejoe on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:18 pm

I second the comments of KennyC and ertang. Some type of game "slideshow" where you could rewind the game to whatever round you chose, and then click to watch the progression of the map/game log sequentially would be really helpful, especially when you are playing a lot of games and trying to review what's happened since your last turn before making your latest move

I also like the idea of being able to show people truly spectacular games after the fact without hard to visualize verbal explanations.
Captain unclejoe

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions