(PLAY WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL JULY 16TH)
With the conclusion of the Point Grabbers Tournament close at hand and with the very successful Transformers Wars Tournament quickly making its way into the much more manageable second round it is time for me to put the feelers and see who is interested in signing up for my next grand tournament: THE CYBERTRONIAN LEAGUE
Concept: This tournament will determine a league of 8 players. These 8 players will be found through 8 seperate double elimination brackets each named after a different Transformer. Each of these brackets will have 8 players for a total of 64 original tournament members. At the conclusion of the bracket rounds the 8 winners will play two games against each other in league play. At the conclusion of league play the bottom 4 players as determined by score will be dropped from the league and 4 new brackets will be created for other players to earn their way in for the second season to play against the four league champions. The Cybertronian League will continue in this fashion until there is no longer an interest.
At the conclusion of league play the bottom four players will be dropped from the league and given the highest seed in the play-in brackets to determine four new members of the league. These four players are not required to continue participating after they have dropped from the league, but if they wish to try to regain their spot they will receive the highest seed for the play-in brackets
I hope that by creating this league we can begin to find who the greatest 1 vs 1 players in Conquer Club are over a consistent period of time.
Scoring: During the play-in brackets there will be no scoring. The brackets are 8 player, double elimination, so the concept is fairly simple: lose twice, and you are done. Once the 8 player league has been determined the standings will be determined as follows:
League standings will be determined by winning percentage with the following tie breaks:
1. Head-to-head. If one player has won both games they will be ranked higher.
2. Home winning percentage. The player with the higher winning percentage on their home map will be ranked higher.
3. Away winning percentage. The player with the higher winning percentage on away games will be ranked higher.
4. Sudden death elimination game on a map of the tournament director's choosing.
Play-in Brackets: There are 8 play-in brackets named after different Transformers and each bracket has a specific map (see second post below for details on which bracket plays on which map). All games in the bracket rounds will be Flat Rate Cards and Adjacent Fortifications to eliminate the advantage of having the first turn. All players who want to join should look through the list and see which map they feel they will perform the best on. That is the best bracket to join. If the bracket is full, please pick your next best option the map you would like to play. If a player does not join their bracket game within 48 hours of being notified they will forfeit. There will be no reserves once the tournament starts.
League Play: Once the 8 league players have been determined they will be asked to submit their personal map and setting preferences for 1 v 1 games against the other league players. Each league member will play a home and an away game against each other player in the league. At the conclusion of the season the 4 bottom players in the standings will be dropped and the remaining for will eagerly await their new four league opponents as determined through 4 new brackets.
How to Join and Play:
1. Scroll down and determine which bracket you would like to play in.
2. Post in the thread that you would like to play and make sure to mention which bracket.
3. Sit back and wait for the tournament to start.
IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ
1. The 8 brackets will be played first and will be seeded according to player score when I see that the tournament is full.
2. At the conclusion of bracket play (when all bracket champions have been determined) the champions will officially be members of the Cybertronian League and will play against each other.
3. When the league play has concluded there will be four NEW brackets for players to join. The four players not eliminated from the league will wait to see who they play against after the NEW brackets have been completed.
4. THIS IS A PREMIUM PLAYER ONLY TOURNAMENT. HOWEVER, I WILL ALLOW NON-PREMIUMS BY INVITE ONLY. If a non-premium would like to play they must have participated in one of my previous tournaments, be vouched for by another player in the Cybertronian League Tournament, or have played me or one of my comrades on the site previously. I understand that there are several non-premium players that would love to play, but once you make it to the league stage you will be required to play multiple games at a time. I don't want this to drag out, so I need to be able to have players join games immediately.
5. If you do not think you can be involved over several months, please do not join. For the most part, this tournament will not take up much time, but if you make it to the league, and if you continue to play well, you can be playing for a long time defending your position.
6. If a LEAGUE player decides to drop out PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF LEAGUE PLAY he will be replaced with a runner up in his bracket[/b]
If there are any other questions about how this tournament will be run and played please feel free to post in the thread. I will check it regularly.
PLAY WILL NOT BEGIN BEFORE JULY 16TH. This is due to some schedule restraints of my own, and besides, it will take a little while to fill up.
I hope that everyone who joins will have a ton of fun and we can determine some of the best 1 on 1 players this site has to offer over the long run. It will be fun, I promise.
Last edited by Optimus Prime
on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 55 times in total.