Conquer Club

[Rules] [GO] Option for Players to Set, Stake or Bet Points

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby AK_iceman on Wed May 02, 2007 9:07 pm

I like the idea, but 100 points is too much. Maybe 20 points max per game...
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby mibi on Wed May 02, 2007 9:59 pm

great idea but 20 points max? thats lame. 100 points max. and it should only be for private games other wise there will be too much bitching.
Captain mibi

100 Points MAX

Postby Keredrex on Wed May 02, 2007 10:24 pm

mibi wrote:great idea but 20 points max? thats lame. 100 points max. and it should only be for private games other wise there will be too much bitching.

I think If the Players want to 100 points is a good maximum.... It gives the Generals and Other high ranks a game that could actually hurt there ranks instead of many games
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Re: 100 Points MAX

Postby AK_iceman on Wed May 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Keredrex wrote:
mibi wrote:great idea but 20 points max? thats lame. 100 points max. and it should only be for private games other wise there will be too much bitching.

I think If the Players want to 100 points is a good maximum.... It gives the Generals and Other high ranks a game that could actually hurt there ranks instead of many games

Or a game that people could abuse to get high scores.
100 per person in a 6 player game would leave the winner with 500 extra points. Win a couple of those and you're a General. I know we have the Battle Royales, but those aren't common and it doesn't disrupt the balance of points very much.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby sully800 on Thu May 03, 2007 12:21 am

Also, think of what already existing cheaters would do with such a system. Someone could create a few multis, bet the max and be up thousands of points in no time. Point ante games would completely overturn the current poitn system, and not in a good way. Of course we could eventually catch people who were cheating the system, but would it be fun watching someone shoot up to 5000 points on the scoreboard and then getting busted? The scoreboard would become a joke.
Major sully800

Postby lackattack on Thu May 03, 2007 4:19 am

this isn't happeneing. i think score is more meaningful when it exclusively comes from a consistent formula.
Sergeant lackattack

Re: 100 Points MAX

Postby Keredrex on Thu May 03, 2007 10:28 am

AK_iceman wrote:
Keredrex wrote:

Or a game that people could abuse to get high scores.
100 per person in a 6 player game would leave the winner with 500 extra points. Win a couple of those and you're a General. I know we have the Battle Royales, but those aren't common and it doesn't disrupt the balance of points very much.

No I mean 100 Points Flat not per person..... and If all the players want to Then Who Cares its on them .... If people don't want to ante that much ... Don't join the Game....

Wager games

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu May 31, 2007 4:45 pm

Mainly for 2 player games. The players can wager the amount of points they are willing the bet on the game.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby Spritzking on Thu May 31, 2007 5:35 pm

this has already been rejected

it is to much in for, well you are my friend, we both bet 500 points and i lose against you....
Major Spritzking

PotLuck and a game type

Postby ChaoticWraith on Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:51 pm

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: potluck tourneys

* Specifics: more than 6 players can donate 20 points to the pot to enter the tourney or a specified amount and whoever comes out standing through a knockout gets all the points from pot.
* Why it is needed: Gives a bigger incentive to get first place in the tournaments as more points are at stake if you do win.

* Priority** (1-5): 1

other notes: how about adding a game type in which people win after a specified number of rounds based on the number of countries they own and how big their army is. If you want to know a name how about conquerer mode.
Captain ChaoticWraith

Postby magneticgoop on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:20 pm

interesting pretty good idea maybe even as an option in all game types
Cook magneticgoop

Location: Screaming at the TV as Norv Turner turns the chargers into the worst team in the NFL =(

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:39 pm

It has potential for abuse by multis, though. Two multis put in all their points and deadbeat. It could be dangerous.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby alex_white101 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 pm

pancakemix wrote:It has potential for abuse by multis, though. Two multis put in all their points and deadbeat. It could be dangerous.

thats exactly the same as a multi starting a 3 player and letting the other 2 deadbeat. u cannot stop and new ideas from fear of multis.......
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby Fircoal on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:55 pm

alex_white101 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:It has potential for abuse by multis, though. Two multis put in all their points and deadbeat. It could be dangerous.

thats exactly the same as a multi starting a 3 player and letting the other 2 deadbeat. u cannot stop and new ideas from fear of multis.......

there is a difference, if there is a limit, then maybe, but if not, then they could give all of there points, and there comes the earliest colenal EVAR!
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

wager your points

Postby kid.kaboom on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 am

How would you like to wager points? A player when creating a game would decide how many points they are going to put on the line. The challenger would then have to match those points to play.
It is kind of like a bet. You could tell a friend or player I bet you 50 points that I could beat you! This would be an interesting change.
Of course there would have to be limits. A maximum amount of points would have to be in effect, mainly for cheaters, but also so you cant lose all your points in a day. Another way to limit this would be by percent%. Either the player that creates the game can not wager more than... 5% or whatever number. The joining player would have to match the points and not exceed the percent; either that or the 1st player would have to play for... 5% of the lower ranked player.
this would just be an option. maybe only in private games
Last edited by kid.kaboom on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant kid.kaboom

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:45 am

so basicly I could play blitz and have say 50 points from winning from him, OR then he gets them 50 points too?
talk about point inflation..
I like the betting and the pot. try it for a tournement maybe, but defo not for regular games.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:48 am

This has been suggest 1000 times before and rejected with good reason. I suggest you visit those threads. :roll:
Highest score: 562
Highest place: 16590
Highest rank: Private
Brigadier Genghis Khan CA

Postby chessplaya on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:02 am

this is a funny idea lol
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby boberz on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 am

SirSebstar wrote:I like the betting and the pot. try it for a tournement maybe, but defo not for regular games.

this sounds good
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Points awards

Postby erazor on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:22 am

Would it be possible to set up in the start a new game to have an option of how many points the winner will get ( 20, 30, 40, or 50 per each other players)
Every one will know exactly how many points he or she will lose,and that will allow any players regarding of the rank they have to choose witch game suit them the most.
Thanks
Cook erazor

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:49 am

This idea has been mentioned plenty of times, but gets rejected every time. It won't make a difference if it were to be implemented because then everyone would complain about how they were losing points anyways.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Re: Points awards

Postby DiM on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:27 am

erazor wrote:Would it be possible to set up in the start a new game to have an option of how many points the winner will get ( 20, 30, 40, or 50 per each other players)
Every one will know exactly how many points he or she will lose,and that will allow any players regarding of the rank they have to choose witch game suit them the most.
Thanks

bad idea because it encourages cheaters. :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Game Type: Gambling

Postby Sir Titus on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:13 pm

Just got this idea while playing in an RT. A game type where the players of the game must ante up some of their points (i.e., gambling).

Here's the idea (please give constructive criticism):

Start A Game: Game Type - Gambling.

The creator of the game must choose a certain number of points (which will have a maximum limit of... 50?) which is the "ANTE".

All players who wish to join the game must pay the Ante if they wish to join.

When the game begins, all players automatically lose an amount of points equal to the ante. These points are put into the "POT".

The game then plays as a regular sequential game until someone wins.

The winner wins the pot PLUS the usual amount of points awarded depending on rank.

Example: 6 player game. Creator makes a Gambling game. He sets the ante at 10 points. People join. The game begins. All players lose 10 points and the Pot is set at 60 points. The game is played. Someone wins. The winner gets the 60 point pot plus the usual points depending on rank.

So, what do you think? Good idea? Stupid idea? Needs work?

Cheers,

Sir Titus
Major Sir Titus

I LIke

Postby Keredrex on Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm

Unfortunately it was already proposed not sure what post.. and shot down.. i do like that idea though cause you could technically play for no points. and have a fun game with friends instead of losing your rank

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:45 pm

Games like this have been suggested, and shot down mainly for a lot of possible abuse stemming from such games.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions