Conquer Club

Opera and Greasemonkey

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Opera and Greasemonkey

Postby itsnota2ma on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:39 pm

Has anyone gotten the CC JavaSript to work in Opera? I have followed the instructions on the Opera site for setting up user scripts, but I have not been able to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I don't need any sermons on how I should just use Firefox.
Cook itsnota2ma

Postby RobinJ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:29 pm

I know you didn't want a sermon but I think the greasemonkey scripts were specially designed for Firefox and not really any other browsers
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby kalishnikov on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:48 pm

In one of those plug-in threads, theres a few posts by someone who's trying to get the monkey to work with Opera. I suggest wading through them to find the author if said post and sending him a pm.

I may be wrong but I believe Opera's also and open source-code browser (allowing customization) so it shouldn't take that much doing. I may be wrong o that however, I've got very little experience with Opera.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:06 am

RobinJ wrote:I know you didn't want a sermon but I think the greasemonkey scripts were specially designed for Firefox and not really any other browsers

opera has a javascript reader, but the greasemonkey scripts on CC use funny things so they don't work for it, because they use some coding specific to firefox.

kalishnikov wrote:In one of those plug-in threads, theres a few posts by someone who's trying to get the monkey to work with Opera. I suggest wading through them to find the author if said post and sending him a pm.

I may be wrong but I believe Opera's also and open source-code browser (allowing customization) so it shouldn't take that much doing. I may be wrong o that however, I've got very little experience with Opera.

opera is actually completely closed source, no add ons or anything.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

so i can't just download grease monkey w/o changing browser?

Postby rondosocal on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:15 am

so i can't just download grease monkey w/o changing browsers? that's not right.
Sergeant rondosocal

Postby hecter on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:26 am

Seriously man, I thought the same thing. Then, after using Firefox for about five minutes, I realized how superior it was to any browser I had used before. Safari sucks. IE sucks more. Don't use them. Get Firefox.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:26 am

safari is actually pretty good. Opera is a great browser, but Firefox is superior to all.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby itsnota2ma on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:58 am

Has anyone tried Avant Browser? I am not even going to try to get GreaseMonkey working, it is just another option. I found Opera to have issues with Web 2.0 sites.
Cook itsnota2ma

Postby The1exile on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:42 am

itsnota2ma wrote:Has anyone tried Avant Browser? I am not even going to try to get GreaseMonkey working, it is just another option. I found Opera to have issues with Web 2.0 sites.

Just tried it... it's nice, but it's just hyped up IE (the stuff like saving passwords is actually exactly the same dialogue, "would you like IE to save these passwords") so I'm gonna stick with firefox.
Lieutenant The1exile

Return to Tool Archives