CONGRATULATIONS to dcc1220!! There are 2 games still active, but no one can catch him, and he is the champion of the 3456 League! Thanks to all who participated.
- Code: Select all
- Code: Select all
Division 1 Division 2 Division 3
^kendoh99 69 ^Snowman_ 70 ^thekidst 56
^spidey__ 85 ^Gypsys K 64 ^Dimnjaca 81
*dcc1220 109 ^Kinnison 65 *pjdonald 91
^bob72___ 53 ^Elwar___ 75 ^petewins 70
^InkL0sed 59 ^General 74 ^Hrvat___ 69
^NormalGu 51 *inonzuk_ 78 ^Evil Sem 59
Division 4 Division 5 Division 6
^Aerial A 45 ^cjoe____ 71 *Godd____ 89
^Dazoot__ 65 ^wpg27off 45 ^Optimus 82
^cena-rul 55 ^Gozar___ 73 ^Timminz_ 67
^atr1989_ 48 ^Tom32___ 87 ^Coleman_ 73
*HSchroed 98 *wolfmas 101 ^Belgarat 79
^Forza AZ 94 ^paradoxx 49 ^MarVal__ 36
In an effort to counter the distressing trend toward 1v1 tournaments, where this enticing game of skill and chance becomes a maddening game of merely chance (I concede only slight exaggeration), I'm starting a tournament that combines the popular concept of home-field advantage while dispensing the 2-player concept that was never really intended for this game.
- 36 players, who will be seeded into six 6-player divisions. I have previously run a 54-player tournament and am currently running a 64-player tournament.
- Play will start on Tuesday, September 4, to allow for the summer vacation season to wrap up.
- entrants must be premium (you’ll see why below), and have a minimum score of 1050 (must be above minimum either at time of sign up or when I seed the divisions after the league is full)
- Each player will play 18 regular season games, and will be the home team for one 6-player game, one 5-player game, one 4-player game, and one 3-player game. (They will be the "road" team for five 6-player games, four 5-player games, three 4-player games, and two 3-player games.)
- the six division champions will advance to a Finals Division, and each division champion will play 18 games in the same format as the regular season. Finalists may submit new home-field settings for the Finals Division.
- Players will normally start 3 games each Monday, so the regular season will last approximately 8-10 weeks, with the finals another 8-10 weeks. The regular season should finish in early November, and I hope to crown a champion by Super Bowl Sunday (February). On rare occasion, you may start 2 or 4 games on a Monday.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
* tiebreakers will be total points in previous round, then total wins in current round, then total wins in previous round, then fewest missed turns in current round, then coin-flip.
RESERVES DimnjacarStef (replaces rhapsodyinblah in Division 3 starting withing Week 3)
- All games will be standard sequential, and either escalating or flat-rate cards.
- Adjacent fortification is not allowed for 3-player games.
- When signing up, please also state your willingness to join 3 games on each of the following 6 days: 9/4, 9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8. You are welcome to have subs or baby-sitters at your discretion, but I would like a no-drop-out commitment. There’s no teeth to that, but I’d appreciate the commitment nevertheless.