Conquer Club

AI players *Rejected*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

AI players *Rejected*

Postby Telvannia on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:22 am

**Rejection Reason**

**Very Low on Priority List May be Revisited In The Future**

well the name give it all away i think some AI players would be good so that if you cant get enough players together for a realtime or just a normal game you could use a computer player to fill the space
would this be hard to programme?
just a thought anyway
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby Phobia on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:26 am

i think it definately would be hard to program. the ai would have to be programmed so it can

conquer continents
trade cards
reinforce sensible places to reinforce
and basically think like a human, and then we would get the compliants "the dice favours the ai" blah blah blah :P
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby gavin_sidhu on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:06 am

How would points work with an AI??
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby Telvannia on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:29 am

you get a fixed amount of points for killing a AI??

i dont know
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby ZawBanjito on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:45 am

Freaking impossible! I bet it'd be anyway. Sort of a masters level thing, or a PhD dissertation.

Well... basically you could play it with statistics. You have easy statistics for the chance of winning a roll, and you could program in statistics for... say, someone has 30 dudes parked on your border, and he keeps plunking down more every turn, statistically he's threatening you. But then you'd get into questions of quality, judgement calls... you'd quickly need to program a personality in. If I had to make the call between Europe and Africa, and it were an equal call, I'd go for Europe every time, but that's only because it's position is superior to the deadend of Africa. If no one was in S. America, I might go for Africa... You'd need to build a statistical model of the entire board. I guess it would be like chess computers, who work from an analysis of thousands of historical games, just like humans do.

Hmm...

Of course, remember, that it took bazillions of dollars and years of research to build a computer that could consistently defeat a player in chess. Barring some secret resources of lackattack, what you're saying here is, let's create an idiot, someone that will play predictibly and stupidly, and then assign points for defeating them.

I've given this enough patient thought to dismiss it as ludicrous without sounding abrupt, haven't I?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Mission Risk has AI players if you want to download that an play, and they are all horrible and suicide players often. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby qeee1 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Plus it'd have to be done for each map individually.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:00 pm

Give the AI player my dice.
(this would then have the AI setting as low attacking strength)
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:57 pm

A certain website has modifiable ai.. you choose their agressiveness, and they work fine... I'm not posting a link dammit.. I dont think ti was too hard to program though,.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:59 pm

One of the best part about a world domination game like this...is that you get to play against real people. With real, unique, and sometimes dumb strategies. It's wonderful and horrible all wrapped up in one, and I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Tr0y on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:26 pm

AI wouldn't be terribly hard.

Nah, it would use the xml file.

But, yea... what fun is AI when you can play real people.
Corporal Tr0y

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:One of the best part about a world domination game like this...is that you get to play against real people. With real, unique, and sometimes dumb strategies. It's wonderful and horrible all wrapped up in one, and I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

--Andy

that could be an option though...

deadbeats turn into computer.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 pm

use google (or similar search engine) to find a good download. there are many you could get free and they include the entire board game.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Ronaldinho on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:24 pm

go on google and put in conquest download that risk...........it AI and will help you train.....
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby StellarTek on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:47 am

AndyDufresne wrote:One of the best part about a world domination game like this...is that you get to play against real people. With real, unique, and sometimes dumb strategies. It's wonderful and horrible all wrapped up in one, and I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

--Andy

I agree but if they did incorperate this, no points for AI games. I can see some unscrupulous people abusing it for stats. (AI=oxymoron)
Silence is golden & Duct tape is silver.
Subsiste Sermonem Statim

free space online 2gigs plus fast uploads
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM1ODU5Njg5
Corporal StellarTek

Postby lackattack on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:18 am

I will probably never have time to program AI players, but some day I could fathom people having bot accounts.

I suppose you could already write the logic in JavaScript and make a Grease Monkey script to take your moves. Or write a stand-alone program to automatically login and play. It is not against the rules or anything.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby highlifeisdalife on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 pm

this is interesting...a bot account who uses ur historical moves.....that whould be crazy cool....mpog #1 forever
Cook highlifeisdalife

Postby autoload on Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:06 am

I want to play against a bot that spouts off a random hendy comment in the conversation logs...
Major autoload

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:35 am

I would want an AI that learns and can change strategy on AoE it took me ages to write a script that considered everything it had everything like if 20 archers in castle blah blah blah
If regicide targer = king etc.
It takes ages, This was just for 1 of them

It isn't worth the time It took me 120 hours overall according to the program and I was planning on making 100 of them it would take 5 days no sleep to complete it and Lack would also have to make something to read the program :roll:

Just isn't worth it
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Coleman on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:08 pm

I don't think AI would be hard to program at all. Although I think it would need a slightly different script depending on the map, and it would take a team to keep it up to date with the speed of the foundry lately.

But mostly it would run off of statistics logic with the dice. With maybe a low random chance of attacking when the odds aren't in the AI's favor.

You could even go so far as to have different types of AI that it could randomly decide to be. Turtles, Breakers, and what not. (Turtles would be taking one continent and then forting until they can steamroll everyone) (Breakers would be always stopping other people from getting continents when it can even if it is bad for them)

Team AI would be really hard though. I don't know how that would work at all... And it is a very high level thing. I might be willing to take it on in three or four years when I am better at programming, lol.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Gnome de Guerre on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, then, I guess some of us should put together some AI code, host it on their machines at home, and have that AI log in through its own account -- these accounts will be declared by their owners in a special AI Forum. BTW, Happy Easter!
Corporal Gnome de Guerre

Postby JoshJ on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:39 pm

Coleman wrote:I don't think AI would be hard to program at all. Although I think it would need a slightly different script depending on the map, and it would take a team to keep it up to date with the speed of the foundry lately.

Ideally you wouldn't make it map-specific, you would give it various heuristics it would use to determine the best move based on the borders it has and so forth. If you did it right it'd play well on all the maps.

That said, making a good AI is insanely hard.
Private 1st Class JoshJ

Postby zimmah on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Tr0y wrote:AI wouldn't be terribly hard.

Nah, it would use the xml file.

But, yea... what fun is AI when you can play real people.

xml is just plain statistics, to make a good AI you need more then just XML to rely on, or they would be too predictable and therefore easy to defeat.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:25 pm

th eold bumb of an august thread ey
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Re: AI players *Rejected*

Postby arkaxow on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:14 pm

You know guys. Have you ever played Lux ? They have been using AI players for years, maybe someone could talk to them about how to program them for conquer club.
Alls well that ends well.
Corporal 1st Class arkaxow

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions