Conquer Club

[EoA] [PC] Online Status 2.0

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Pious on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 pm

I never move in team games even when I can unless my teammate is on IRC so I can coordinate with them. I don't want to be harrassed into moving alone and losing a game.

If someone doesn't move because they're going to lose, you'll beat them anyway and they're just a sore loser. You still shouldn't even negative review them unless it's RT.
Lieutenant Pious

Postby killemall80 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:52 pm

seems a good suggestion to me. Every other online game I play has this feature. It would be good if you could build up a buddy list for example. In this list you see which of your buddies are online so you could arrange an RT game with them......
Private killemall80

Availability Indicator

Postby Rahm Es Hestos on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:13 pm

How about an indicator in each person's profile showing wheather or not their online? I'm sick of trying to find people in that massive block of names lol. I hope this hasent been suggested already. :)
Major Rahm Es Hestos

Re: Availability Indicator

Postby john1099 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:21 pm

Rahm Es Hestos wrote:How about an indicator in each person's profile showing wheather or not their online? I'm sick of trying to find people in that massive block of names lol. I hope this hasent been suggested already. :)

It definitely has, and I believe they're working on something.
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Player Online

Postby kushu92 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:00 am

I feel there should to know that if the player is online or not.It will be very convenient for the opponent as he will know if the opponent is online or not and hence will know if he should wait or not.This way the satisfaction of the players will increase tremendously.I hope you will look into this matter and imply this solution.
Private 1st Class kushu92

Postby gimil on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:45 am

its on the to do list
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Coleman on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:06 am

If someone is online there name is also at the bottom of the forums. Just do a ctrl+f and enter the name of who you want to see the status of. If it finds them they are online.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Keebs2674 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:46 am

Would you want to know if someone was online for the purpose of a freestyle game? I can't think of why this would be needed, but because it's on the "to do" list I assume there must be a good reason.

Jeez...and how lazy are you that you can't type out "someone?"
Captain Keebs2674

Suggestion: Player's status

Postby Davidccs on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:57 pm

This suggestion is basically to add a icon in a player's profile that says if that player is logged in or is logged out, this would let the other people that are playing against that guy know if hes going to play his turn in the next 10 mins or if he just got up and went to bed without saying anything.

This is a suggestion that would mostly interest people that enjoying sitting in the computer a play a quick game without having a deadbeat leaving after the first round and if it does happen at least the other guy can know the deadbeat just upped and left
Corporal Davidccs

Postby misterman10 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Good suggestion,

Again, its on the to-do list, I suggest looking at that before you post a topic
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

"Online" Indicator

Postby Iainarm on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Sometimes I check my games and I see that it's the turn of the person before me. Sometimes its the last time I'm going to get to use a computer for a couple of days, so I want to go fast and take my turn so I won't miss it. So I go to the club forum and look to see if the person is Online so I can IM them and tell them to go. It would be easier if when I click on the person's name, on the following screen there would be something that says "Online" or "Offline" so I wouldn't have to go to the club forum. Or their name would only be Blue on the My Games page if they're online, and if they're offline it would be a different color(In my mind I see a kind of dark red). What do you think, good Idea?
Cook Iainarm

Postby misterman10 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Its on the to-do list
check there before making suggestiongs

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby XenHu on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:53 pm

This has been suggested and is currently listed as *To-Do*.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2970

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby Iainarm on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:56 pm

Yes, but what about the colored name? I would definately like to see that.
Cook Iainarm

Re: .

Postby misterman10 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Iainarm wrote:Yes, but what about the colored name? I would definately like to see that.

definitely no, because the players names contain hyperlinks it would not work. Maybe an indicator by the players name, but not necessary

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:52 am

O.k now what's wrong with the link at the bottom
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

DOUBLE LINE??????

Postby Keredrex on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:11 pm

What If there is an online indicator... and it is represented by a DOUBLE line under the persons Name...since BOLD is already used to signify the persons turn and colors conflict with hyperlinks. that way if you are looking at all your initiated games..you can see who is actively online at the moment
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

The need for an "Online Now" status display.

Postby thedude13 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Notice: Already on the "To-Do list" but fill free to read anyway. Thanks.

I was just wondering if it would be feasible for the STAFF to implement an "Online Now" status display by the players name in a game window.

It would save all of us a lot of time and finger ache if we weren't sitting there clicking on the "Refresh Page" button over and over again to see if the other players have started there turn this century or not. Or, the chance of possibly missing the opportunity to start your turn when you need to, while checking to see if a player is online in the Club Forum page.

I'm sure it would take some time and work to implement such a thing, but it would be greatly appreciated by all. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
thedude13

The Dude abides.
Last edited by thedude13 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Private 1st Class thedude13

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:40 pm

What if we are on the site but don't have time to take those turns? This just seems like it would lead to a lot of neg feedback from whiners who think people are taking too long.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby cena-rules on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:04 pm

check the list. Its probably on there

EDIT: here it is

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=161
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby thedude13 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:48 pm

Sorry guys didn't see the other one, but I didn't see a reply from the STAFF either. Also, good point about being online but not playing at that point in time. On the other hand; if a player is just online to check in or for another reason, but does not have time to play at the moment, that player can at least comment that they are not playing at the moment to alleviate any players who might whine about it. Though, I would hope that there are not that many players who would whine, but I'd probably just be naive.

Either way, I guess I will just stick to checking the Club Forum for the time being. Thanks for the feedback guys.

thedude13

The Dude abides.
Last edited by thedude13 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Seinfreak on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:47 pm

I'd be happy with a "Last Online" datestamp on their profile. That way, I can at least know if someone is still active.
Cadet Seinfreak

Postby misterman10 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 pm

It would also save a lot of time if people would read the to-do list and use the form when posting suggestions. Especially when this certain suggestion has been suggested many times.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby thedude13 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 am

I apologize for not using the form, I am new to forums. I will change my initial post.

As far as to the fact that this discussion has be made plenty of times before, I had already apologized for that earlier. However, the fact is that it is still a discussion. In fact, if you read the "[Official] Freestyle Changes -- Give us your feedback!" thread, you'll see that it is being discussed as one of the major solutions to the freestyle problem at hand.

In any case, I have now added a poll to this particular thread, and since it is a newer thread, it will have more attention drawn to it. Therefore, basically replacing the older threads. Capiche?

thedude13

The Dude abides.

Postby misterman10 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:45 pm

But why create a new thread to discuss when its already on the to-do list :roll:

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions