Conquer Club

WWII Operation Iwo Jima [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby gimil on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:51 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c429tx

heres the link to the updated XML
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby fireedud on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:38 am

the cards are confusing me, I have red1 which is blue, blue 1, which is green, and green1 which is red.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby Qwert on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:06 pm

:D :lol:
fireedud Posted: 08 Oct 2007 12:38 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the cards are confusing me, I have red1 which is blue, blue 1, which is green, and green1 which is red.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby t.e.c on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:38 am

excellent work qwert, i really enjoy playing on this map :D
Corporal t.e.c

bonuses

Postby jasnostj on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:45 am

Hey Qwert, I'm playing this map, and it seems to me that some of the bonuses are not right. The purple, red, and especially yellow continents seem to have too low a bonus for the number of territories, number of border territories, and number of territories from which these can be attacked.

If I calculate the average of these three parameters, I get the following bonuses:
Blue......8+5+7=21 ; 21/3=7 (now 7)
Grey.....8+5+5=18 ; 18/3=6 (now 6)
Purple...6+2+4=12 ; 12/3=4 (now 3)
Yellow...5+2+5=12 ; 12/3=4 (now 2!)
Green...5+2+3=10 ; 10/3=3 (now 3)
Red......4+2+4=10 ; 10/3=3 (now 2)

Maybe you can fix these?
Private jasnostj

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:33 am

Maybe you dont be here where these been discused,people give me hes opinion and sugestion,then i put these on vote,and people decide for these option,and in these way everything is proper done,you can se in first page.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jasnostj on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:15 pm

qwert wrote:Maybe you dont be here where these been discused,people give me hes opinion and sugestion,then i put these on vote,and people decide for these option,and in these way everything is proper done,you can se in first page.

Well excuse me for not roaming all maps in the making to see if I agree with the bonuses. That this option was chosen is probably because the other options were even worse. How did you calculate it (did you calculate at all, or was it just a wild guess)? I think my calculation makes sense, but it is just a suggestion, for you to do something with or not. If you don't, I'll know what continent to focus on first when playing this map (my opponent in the game seems to know too, because he took hold of the green continent early on in the game).
Last edited by jasnostj on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private jasnostj

Postby Sven Hassel on Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:48 pm

good for your opponent and bad for you :wink:

seriously now the bonus system is quite fine as it is, you can't really have a map with 3 continents, at 5 territories per continent, worth each 4 armies, the map is too small for such big bonuses
"Bullets kill, grenades kill, bayonets kill, the cold kills. Death has a thousand faces. The worst of them all: the Court Martial."
Lieutenant Sven Hassel

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:25 pm

Well excuse me for not roaming all maps in the making to see if I agree with the bonuses system. That this option was chosen is probably because the other options were even worse. How did you calculate it (did you calculate at all, or was it just a wild guess)? I think my calculation makes sense, but it is just a suggestion, for you to do something with or not. If you don't, I'll know what continent to focus on first when playing this map (my opponent in the game seems to know too, because he took hold of the green continent early on in the game).

Soory,but i will not change bonus,like i say PEOPLE give hes sugestion and i put on vote,also i think that 15 days is inaf for people to participiate in bonus issue.Also in mine maps all issue you can see in first page,like TOPIC title say.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jasnostj on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:22 am

Sven Hassel wrote:good for your opponent and bad for you :wink:

seriously now the bonus system is quite fine as it is, you can't really have a map with 3 continents, at 5 territories per continent, worth each 4 armies, the map is too small for such big bonuses

Well, they won, but that was mostly because of the lousy team mates I had.

I like objective criteria to determine how the bonuses for new maps are going to be, like the calculation I did, instead of subjective gut feeling, but that's just me. I understand my suggestion is not going to be followed through. I'm fine with that, don't worry. As I said, it helps me determining my strategy on this map.
Private jasnostj

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:20 am

Im not work with calculation,i work with people and all sugestion what i get i put on vote poll,so you whas late.
Now you can follow mine next maps and give me opinion(WWII EUROPE,WWII ARDENNES OFFENSIVE)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re:

Postby porkenbeans on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 pm

jasnostj wrote:
Sven Hassel wrote:good for your opponent and bad for you :wink:

Well, they won, but that was mostly because of the lousy team mates I had.

I like objective criteria to determine how the bonuses for new maps are going to be, like the calculation I did, instead of subjective gut feeling, but that's just me. I understand my suggestion is not going to be followed through. I'm fine with that, don't worry. As I said, it helps me determining my strategy on this map.
Yes, and because you calculate the bonuses and take the time to work out a map, you have an advantage over a less skilled player. Which is how it should be. I think that all maps should be made that way. Even "Risk" is set up like this. 8-)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Previous

Return to The Atlas