Conquer Club

SkyT, qstupid and Danbemp [warned]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

SkyT, qstupid and Danbemp [warned]

Postby ciancama on Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:44 pm

Subject line: <Put name of accused in subject line>

These are suspected Multis

Suspect users: SkyT, qstupid and Danbemp

Game number: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1100812

Comments: They alway play at the same time...I know that SkyT is the conqueror, but for me they are the same person

Ciancama

<----end copy---->
Captain ciancama

Postby cena-rules on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:13 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28725

closed

oh but thanks for using the form
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:38 pm

cena-rules wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28725

closed

I'm not sure this situation ever got resolved though...

wicked wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote: it is a HUGE advantage to have control of mulitiple accounts.

Agreed. We're currently discussing it and are open to suggestions on how to prevent "de facto multiple accounts" while still being fair to people who have legit account-sitters. We allow account babysitting when someone is unable to access their account, but this situation goes beyond that and into the realm of unfairness.

Could a mod give an update as to what the outcome of their discussions were?

I think the main concerns were with this:

SkyT wrote:My second point is: though we do take turns for each other from time to time, skyt is not the only one who is playing. The most important part of our strategy is to play at the same time. But, if for some reason, one of us cannot play, his/her turn will be taken by another player. We all know each other’s password. About 50% of the time, the 3 of us, meet up in me and danbemp’s room after class, and play our turns. During weekends, however, if I am in the room, I will play only with danbemp, if I am at home with my girlfriend, I will only play with her, and take turn for the other person. And very rarely, (this happened less than 10 times), I will take turns for all 3 people because of the time conflict (exams etc).

SkyT admits that all account holders play their own turns only 50% of the time... this is well beyond the realms of babysitting accounts and into abusing the system. Allowing babysitting accounts was not intended to ensure freestyle teams could play all at the same time, rather to avoid players missing turns. I'd be interested to hear what is being done to prevent this type of abuse, as wicked indicated.

This is nothing personal against SkyT, who I believe is not playing outside the rules as they currently stand, but I think this team is certainly using them in a manner they were not intended to be used.
Highest score: 562
Highest place: 16590
Highest rank: Private
Brigadier Genghis Khan CA

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:14 pm

I believe that 1 player sets up games using all 3 accounts too and moves for all 3 as well. SkyT is not the only player doing this but for obvious reasons has gained the most from it. I still dont understand why the 3 accounts have not been blocked from one another yet. I know the baby sitting account excuse was given, but Im not a guilable person. I repeat again, 3 accounts using the same IP needs to be either banned or blocked. I dont understand what the hard decision is ?

Personally I have already added these 3 players to ignore. I have played with SkyT in the past and had no issues but he applied his "SkyT team" tactic on me and I felt thats where the line was crossed.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 pm

cena-rules wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28725

closed

sorry for the double post, but to add a thought, players are going to continue to open new post until this is resolved. Im not sure just replying to this thread by saying "closed" is dealing with the issue.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby sully800 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm

They were warned to not take each others turns unless one person is going to miss (not taking each others turns to make a more effective team). It looks to me like they are not heeding that advice, but for now this is pending.
Major sully800

Postby sully800 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:11 pm

There was plenty of discussion in the old thread about how frequently sharing accounts is abuse of the "baby-sitting privilege". They were never formally warned for it before, but now a warning has been sent saying that they are not to share accounts unless the person is actually going to miss a turn. I will try to remember and check them every once in a while. But if you are concerned that it has gone unchecked just bump this thread and I will look at it again.

If they continue account sharing too often they will be blocked, but hopefully it doesn't come down to that.
Major sully800

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Bump! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby Risktaker17 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:28 pm

Is it possible to make them ignore each other? Like put each other on their ignore lists. That would end it.
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

SkyT

Postby Corman on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:17 pm

are you kidding sully???????? this site is a disgrace, i get banned 3 times and this dude is a cheater and is the conquer??????? what??????!!!!!!!!!!
wow!!!!!!!! i defeated this guy and i knew he was susicipicious i agree with risktaker and all of his points should get reduced to when he was clean and learn how to earn his points, i learned and he will too
Sergeant Corman

Postby hwhrhett on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm

its definately a grey area, but im surprised that he didnt stop after the first time this came up.... i mean formal warning or not, i think it was made clear that it was shady pool.
Cook hwhrhett

............:X

Postby qstupid on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:56 pm

what....r u guys so crazy....i think you guys are really Jealous us......skyt stated that already........i am his gf ...of course we played together.........also, if u stay with you bf....and of course can play game at same time.....this is the same thing to my bf's roomate.....we are together............. :x :evil:
Sergeant 1st Class qstupid

Re: ............:X

Postby cena-rules on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:58 pm

qstupid wrote:what....r u guys so crazy....i think you guys are really Jealous us......skyt stated that already........i am his gf ...of course we played together.........also, if u stay with you bf....and of course can play game at same time.....this is the same thing to my bf's roomate.....we are together............. :x :evil:

yah ill be honest I dont get this

You are roommates but different people. You have been cleared and sky has explained. It just so happens you are all great risk players. You shouldnt be blocked from playign together
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby firth4eva on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:59 pm

qstupid wrote:what....r u guys so crazy....i think you guys are really Jealous us......skyt stated that already........i am his gf ...of course we played together.........also, if u stay with you bf....and of course can play game at same time.....this is the same thing to my bf's roomate.....we are together............. :x :evil:

If your avatar is a picture of you then i seriously doubt that.
Captain firth4eva

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:04 pm

cena-rules wrote:

You are roommates but different people. You have been cleared and sky has explained. It just so happens you are all great risk players. You shouldnt be blocked from playign together

You guys haven't read the thread - no one is saying that roommates shouldn't be allowed to play with each other, it is the regular account sitting aspect that is under question. :roll:

No denying that you make a good team at freestyle triples. However the manner in which accounts are/were shared (as admitted by SkyT) leaves a bad taste in the mouth and has greatly diminished your respect in the community.

Postby Clive on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:21 pm

Genghis Khan CA wrote:
cena-rules wrote:

You guys haven't read the thread - no one is saying that roommates shouldn't be allowed to play with each other, it is the regular account sitting aspect that is under question. :roll:

No denying that you make a good team at freestyle triples. However the manner in which accounts are/were shared (as admitted by SkyT) leaves a bad taste in the mouth and has greatly diminished your respect in the community.

What is wrong with sitting? often it comes up that either me or my partner cant get on within 24 hours or more, sitting is allowed!

Would you rather have them deadbeat?
" im no good by myself! i like having you to say. 'no john dont be fucking stupid' "
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... 272eb3.jpg
General Clive

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:05 pm

Clive wrote:What is wrong with sitting? often it comes up that either me or my partner cant get on within 24 hours or more, sitting is allowed!

You should read the threads on this issue properly - the issue is not that they were sitting so that partners did not miss turns, they were sitting so that they could always play their turns at the same time in freestyle, giving them a massive advantage over their opponents. Nothing wrong with playing together at the same time if everyone is playing on their own accounts, but sitting in this manner is not what the account sitting option was designed for.

Also, if you look, SkyT admitted that that 50% of the time only two or one of the team of three took turns for all three of them at the same time. This goes beyond ensuring teammates don't miss turns, (presumably the teammates could still take turns at another time) this is abusing the system to gain an advantage ;)

Postby Clive on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 pm

Genghis Khan CA wrote:
Clive wrote:What is wrong with sitting? often it comes up that either me or my partner cant get on within 24 hours or more, sitting is allowed!

You should read the threads on this issue properly - the issue is not that they were sitting so that partners did not miss turns, they were sitting so that they could always play their turns at the same time in freestyle, giving them a massive advantage over their opponents. Nothing wrong with playing together at the same time if everyone is playing on their own accounts, but sitting in this manner is not what the account sitting option was designed for.

Also, if you look, SkyT admitted that that 50% of the time only two or one of the team of three took turns for all three of them at the same time. This goes beyond ensuring teammates don't miss turns, (presumably the teammates could still take turns at another time) this is abusing the system to gain an advantage ;)

Oh ok. Well I don't see how you can make an argument for the sittee being able to play later after having their turn taken...unless they have played in other games from their own IP, there is no way of knowing I swear!

Edit: While it is within the rules to sit your team-mate, I don't think this should be a punishable offense. They thought they were abiding by the rules. Same as with freestyle abuse - it should not be punishble until either an update prevents it or the rules are updated to state clearly what is and isn't allowed.
" im no good by myself! i like having you to say. 'no john dont be fucking stupid' "
General Clive

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:38 pm

Clive wrote:Oh ok. Well I don't see how you can make an argument for the sittee being able to play later after having their turn taken...unless they have played in other games from their own IP, there is no way of knowing I swear!

Edit: While it is within the rules to sit your team-mate, I don't think this should be a punishable offense. They thought they were abiding by the rules. Same as with freestyle abuse - it should not be punishble until either an update prevents it or the rules are updated to state clearly what is and isn't allowed.

Clive, read the threads mate! Two mods (wicked and sully) have already stated that if it continues it goes "into the realms of unfairness" and that "frequently sharing accounts is abuse of the "baby-sitting privilege"". It now comes under the rules anyway under the "unwritten rules" section of http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?page=rules.

As sully says, hopefully it doesn't come to having to make blocks, they stop sitting each others accounts unless someone is actually going to miss a turn. If you believe that this is what they were actually doing 50% of the time then you probably still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy... SkyT admitted in this thread http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28725 that the reason for this arrangement was so all turns could be played at the same time, not to avoid missing turns.

Postby Clive on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:11 pm

Genghis Khan CA wrote:
Clive wrote:Oh ok. Well I don't see how you can make an argument for the sittee being able to play later after having their turn taken...unless they have played in other games from their own IP, there is no way of knowing I swear!

Clive, read the threads mate! Two mods (wicked and sully) have already stated that if it continues it goes "into the realms of unfairness" and that "frequently sharing accounts is abuse of the "baby-sitting privilege"". It now comes under the rules anyway under the "unwritten rules" section of http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?page=rules.

As sully says, hopefully it doesn't come to having to make blocks, they stop sitting each others accounts unless someone is actually going to miss a turn. If you believe that this is what they were actually doing 50% of the time then you probably still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy... SkyT admitted in this thread http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28725 that the reason for this arrangement was so all turns could be played at the same time, not to avoid missing turns.

Ok sorry I didn't realise this...I should have looked around more before posting...

I thought it might have been something like, sometimes my partner says "I'm too tired do my go on this game" or something like that...when there isn't enough time left for him to do in the morning...yeh 50% of the time is far too much...

Although I don't like the unwritten rules section it's too vague
General Clive

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Clive wrote:Ok sorry I didn't realise this...I should have looked around more before posting...

I thought it might have been something like, sometimes my partner says "I'm too tired do my go on this game" or something like that...when there isn't enough time left for him to do in the morning...yeh 50% of the time is far too much...

Although I don't like the unwritten rules section it's too vague

Haha, no problem, it's definitely one of the trickier cases that's been discussed, a very grey area indeed, which is I guess why the unwritten rules section is so vague... it would be nice to have everything spelled out, but people always look for new ways to bend the rules in ways that they weren't intended to be, this way at least mods have discretion to use their common sense.

Anyway, hopefully this can get resolved without the mods having to block/bust anyone, the team has been warned as sully says and hopefully that is enough to end this matter 8)

Postby Nephilim on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:34 pm

genghis has logical superpowers
Liberté, egalité, cash moné

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby yorkiepeter on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:25 am

I have the perfect solution I think.

I will offer to account sit for any of the three should they not be able to get on to play. My rank would suggest that I can do this competently.

Please tell them to PM me if they need a sitter.
freemium till clan privs granted
hs 2725 22.12.07 hp 29
Colonel yorkiepeter

Postby markme on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:55 am

My wife played this game for a little while and we only played 2 games together i think this is absolutly ridiculess. if he is conquer i urge him to prove it by getting out of team games and prove he can hold the title that way.
Colonel markme

Postby Clive on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:46 pm

Nephilim wrote:genghis has logical superpowers

Indeed, very true...
General Clive

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports