Conquer Club

Coding AJAX-compatible GM scripts

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:50 am

Frop wrote:
casper wrote:i updated to 2.14 and the pixel problem is gone. thanks yeti!!

That's funny, I updated as well and still have the same problem. :p

None of the pixel code was changed - those with this problem will just have to use the alignment features... unless I or someone else can work out what's causing it!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

[quote="yeti_c"]OK - I've just uploaded the latest version...

VERSION : 2.15

FIXED :
Neutral armies where being blatted when Unknown armies were present.

TODO :

Clock Format doesn't work <- does anyone care about this one?
Clock Parsing not always correct (Noticed with 08 and 09 times - anymore?)

WISHLIST :

Objectives <- Added once first map with this in Quenched (AoR?)
Territory counter for FOW games.
Anything else that needs to be added?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:32 am

Bad Speler wrote:Great script, just noticed it today. Just one small bug I see, neutral armies arent shown in the stats in FOW games even if they are visible on the map.

See above - fixed now...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:32 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?gam ... 9#map-cell

yeti i have the latest version installed but the combination of your script plus ajax is ridiculously slow in this build /everyone attack rebel game. I noticed similar problems in other games with large numbers deployed but this is the worst.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:37 am

rebelman wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=917929#map-cell

yeti i have the latest version installed but the combination of your script plus ajax is ridiculously slow in this build /everyone attack rebel game. I noticed similar problems in other games with large numbers deployed but this is the worst.

Such is life I'm afraid...

There's a huge amount of data to be downloaded and processed there... this will make it inevitably slow...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:47 am

yeti_c wrote:

There's a huge amount of data to be downloaded and processed there... this will make it inevitably slow...

C.

I appreciate the honesty of your answer (even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear :()
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:48 am

rebelman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

I appreciate the honesty of your answer (even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear :()

No worries...

Lack is coding up some speed ups for the initial load - but that won't improve the processing time of BOB... (I've done pretty much as much as I can on that)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Lobster Crush on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:23 pm

yeti_c wrote:Hi Lobster,

Can you do the following...

a) Install latest.
b) goto "Tools" -> "Error Console"
c) Press the "Clear" button.
d) Press the "Errors" tab
e) Load a game that this occurs in
f) Copy what appears in the Error Console screen and post it in here.

Cheers,

C.

hi yeti,

here's what the error looks like:

thanks,
lc
Sergeant 1st Class Lobster Crush

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Lobster Crush wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Hi Lobster,

Can you do the following...

a) Install latest.
b) goto "Tools" -> "Error Console"
c) Press the "Clear" button.
d) Press the "Errors" tab
e) Load a game that this occurs in
f) Copy what appears in the Error Console screen and post it in here.

Cheers,

C.

hi yeti,

here's what the error looks like:

thanks,
lc

Interesting...

I don't know what this is to be honest... are you on Mac?

What version of FireFox do you have?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Lobster Crush on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:17 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Interesting...

C.

Nope, I'm on a PC running Vista, latest version of FF (2.0.0.9), and latest version of GM (0.7.20070607.0). Perhaps Vista's the problem, except shouldn't Greasemonkey scripts run cross platform?

Postby Lobster Crush on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Lobster Crush wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Interesting...

C.

Nope, I'm on a PC running Vista, latest version of FF (2.0.0.9), and latest version of GM (0.7.20070607.0). Perhaps Vista's the problem, except shouldn't Greasemonkey scripts run cross platform?

Not sure if this info helps...I commented out all calls to your SHIFT_MAGICMAP() function, and I get the BOB menu back on the left, and Map Inspect works...but only on the lower set of army numbers (i.e., the second set of armies shifted below the map).

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think this bizarre behaviour started after the pixel-shifting code was baked into BOB. Is it possible to send me a version of the code before this was added so that I can test this theory?

(I know, I should have backed up my working BOB in the first place...but your improvements were so good, I didn't think I needed to.)

Thanks,
lc

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:54 am

Lobster Crush wrote:
Lobster Crush wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Interesting...

C.

Not sure if this info helps...I commented out all calls to your SHIFT_MAGICMAP() function, and I get the BOB menu back on the left, and Map Inspect works...but only on the lower set of army numbers (i.e., the second set of armies shifted below the map).

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think this bizarre behaviour started after the pixel-shifting code was baked into BOB. Is it possible to send me a version of the code before this was added so that I can test this theory?

(I know, I should have backed up my working BOB in the first place...but your improvements were so good, I didn't think I needed to.)

Thanks,
lc

It's interesting that the SHIFT_MAGICMAP() function breaks it... that one is fairly unusual code!?

I have the same version of FF & GM... so it can't be that - but I am using XP...

However - the Magicmap div is what seems to be the problem (i.e. it's not being inserted into the correct place for you)

Do you have any other scripts running? (BTW - you are running with AJAX on?)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Lobster Crush on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:30 am

yeti_c wrote:
Lobster Crush wrote:
Lobster Crush wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Interesting...

C.

Thanks,
lc

It's interesting that the SHIFT_MAGICMAP() function breaks it... that one is fairly unusual code!?

I have the same version of FF & GM... so it can't be that - but I am using XP...

However - the Magicmap div is what seems to be the problem (i.e. it's not being inserted into the correct place for you)

Do you have any other scripts running? (BTW - you are running with AJAX on?)

C.

Yup, AJAX is on (I just double checked). I've only got 2 unrelated scripts that run on all pages, and I've tried with them disabled as well...no luck.

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:42 am

Lobster Crush wrote:Yup, AJAX is on (I just double checked). I've only got 2 unrelated scripts that run on all pages, and I've tried with them disabled as well...no luck.

Hmmm - do you have access to another PC? (one without Vista?)

Can you test it there?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Night Strike on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:24 pm

Vista shouldn't be the problem: mine runs just fine.
Major Night Strike

Postby Lobster Crush on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:40 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Lobster Crush wrote:Yup, AJAX is on (I just double checked). I've only got 2 unrelated scripts that run on all pages, and I've tried with them disabled as well...no luck.

Hmmm - do you have access to another PC? (one without Vista?)

Can you test it there?

C.

Just got back to my desktop (the previous 'tests' were on my laptop), and, unexpectedly, it has the same problems as my laptop.

I'm a bit of a FF extension junkie, so I'll bet there's an extension causing the problem. I'll go through and try to isolate which one, and report back.

Postby Stoney229 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 am

Lobster Crush wrote:I'm a bit of a FF extension junkie, so I'll bet there's an extension causing the problem. I'll go through and try to isolate which one, and report back.

lol
Score: 1739
Games: 88 Completed, 52 (59%) Won
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:57 am

Age of Realms has been quenched - and will therefore be uploaded shortly...

This means the next upgrade of BOB can happen... with the objectives coded in...

Has anyone any preferences on how this should work?

Give me ideas now before I just code it up and you're too late...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Aerial Attack on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 am

yeti_c wrote:Age of Realms has been quenched - and will therefore be uploaded shortly...

This means the next upgrade of BOB can happen... with the objectives coded in...

Has anyone any preferences on how this should work?

Give me ideas now before I just code it up and you're too late...

C.

Don't they need to hold the objective for 1 round (i.e. it determines if objective met at START of Next turn?).

If so - you need a BOLD RED message (and highlight the terrs included in the objective) that says "Player _ has met the requirements for a win - stop this player NOW or the game is over."
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:32 am

Aerial Attack wrote:Don't they need to hold the objective for 1 round (i.e. it determines if objective met at START of Next turn?).

Correct...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Double army no's??

Postby verdun on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:20 am

I love and appreciate the new script. Thank you.
Is the map suppose to now have double numbers for each territory, if not, how do I get rid of them?
Lieutenant verdun

Re: Double army no's??

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:22 am

verdun wrote:I love and appreciate the new script. Thank you.
Is the map suppose to now have double numbers for each territory, if not, how do I get rid of them?

Yes the map is supposed to have double numbers - but they are supposed to be overlaid on top of each other...

Try tweaking the alignment options in the BOB menu on the left to align them properly.

C>
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Lobster Crush on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:10 pm

yeti_c wrote:

Yes the map is supposed to have double numbers - but they are supposed to be overlaid on top of each other...

Try tweaking the alignment options in the BOB menu on the left to align them properly.

C>

hi yeti,

hmm...is there somewhere in the script that I can override the alignment options to move my double numbers up? it looks like mine are exactly 481px below where they should be.

on another note, finished disabling my extensions one by one, with no luck at all.

thanks,
lc

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Lobster Crush wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C>

hi yeti,

hmm...is there somewhere in the script that I can override the alignment options to move my double numbers up? it looks like mine are exactly 481px below where they should be.

on another note, finished disabling my extensions one by one, with no luck at all.

thanks,
lc

I'm afraid not - it looks like for you - the DIV for magicmap is written out to the wrong place... I'm still unsure why...

Unless - it's the space in your name... Hmmmmm...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Aerial Attack on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:24 pm

The space in his name could be the problem - but it does not affect me. And mine is in fairly close proximity to the same location.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives