Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:57 am

This is AJAX BOB - the new version of the award winning BOB script that takes all the original features from BOB and upgrades them to work with the AJAX version of the site...

Get it here... GET AJAX BOB

Click here and sign up to show your appreciation for BOB

For advice on how to install - go here How to Install BOB

If you have any Bugs to report please do it here BOB Bugs thread (But please check to see if your bug has been reported and/or fixed first)

Below is the TODO - feel free to post things here that you want adding...

TODO :

Anything else that needs to be added?

Latest version is

VERSION : 4.7.1

NEW FEATURES : Auto BOB

Defaults to On - but if set to Off - doesnt start BOB on load of every game.
To Load BOB click "Start BOB" in the top right hand corner (where you can change the map size/colourblind & refresh)

FIXED :

Neutral Elminations breaking log parsing.
Terminology of Column Headings (Please tell me if I've missed any)
NaN Score Summary errors (thanks yowzer)

Old versions...

VERSION : 4.6.5

FIXED : Confirmations of button presses. (after Site changes)

VERSION : 4.6.4

FIXED : Statistics due to Log parsing pattern matching. (after Site changes)

VERSION : 4.6.3

FIXED :
Tournament header making double armies. (again!)

VERSION : 4.6.2

FIXED :
"for" in names breaking FOW analyser.
Tournament header making double armies.

VERSION : 4.6.1

NEW FEATURES :
Extended Site Options

The Site options section of BOB was a bit weak - so I have beefed it up with some new additions.
Hide Signatures - Turn this On to no longer see Sigs.
Small Avatars - Turn this On to make the Avatar section smaller (this hides non useful info). Also as standard the script adds collapse/expand buttons to the Avatars to allow you to do this indivually.
Confirm Drop - I have adapted Aerial Attack's Confirmation script for Dropping games. This should work in forums as well as the MyGames 2 page.

Stats Redux

The Statistics section has been reworked a bit now.

Total Missed Turns Counter - Next to Missed turns (in brackets) is now the total missed turns.
Continents hider - I have added a "Hide/Show" button to the Continents section of the stats - for some maps this section can be massive - so this reduces that to allow people to see the other stats in context.
Fixed Headers & Footers - If you have chosen "Scrollable Stats" the headers and footer now stay fixed and only the data is scrollable.
Always show everyone - Even if someone has been killed - they will always be shown now - this is so that people can still see the totals missed column etc.

Continents Overview

I have added the Continents Overview - this writes out a list of Continents to the right hand side of the map - if you hover over the continent - then the corresponding territories will be highlighted in the map - it is switchable to On or Off.
If you have it On - then the right hand side of the screen is limited to the height of the map - so you may have to scroll that portion to find it.

Clock

The Clock now has the ability to be turned on or off. - If it is Off and you turn it on - then it will start up after the next action/refresh of the screen.

Reset Map Options

This button reverts your settings for this map back to the standard. (this affects the Alignment & Opacity settings only).

Points Totaller

Players points are now totalled in the Elimination Summary.

FIXED :
Few cosmetic tweaks for FF3 compatibility (there may be some more needed!).
FF3 ampersand problem found for Scotland and Rail:Europe.

VERSION : 4.5.3

FIXED :
Deferred Armies bug with territory counter.

VERSION : 4.5.2

FIXED :
Fixes since Site upgrade.
Drop down code reworked to not fail for illegally encoded chars.
Player Start Fog Of War territory counter fixed for current maps with Starting positions.

VERSION : 4.5.1

NEW FEATURES :
Attack MI Hovers
- When hovering over the map - we now use new icons to display what Borders, Attacks, is Attacked By, Bombards, is Bombarded By & has Mutual Bombardment.
- When hovering over the Players, Cards or using "Click Jumpers" the icons are now changed to be inline with the Borders in Attack hovers - and the safe Territories.
This is detailed by the following graphic.

New Help/Info
cicero has been an absolute star and has completely rewritten the Help/Info file for me. This is upto date and contains all the information that you could ever need.
To access the help - click the "help/info" option in the menu.
To navigate around the Help/Info - click the menu options as if you were using BOB itself - and the back buttons will take you back just like a back button.

Scrollable Text Map & Statistics table
The Text map & Statistics tables can now be made "scrollable" by clicking on the links - this can be reversed to the "fixed" versions by clicking the same link again. If the text map or statistics table cannot be made smaller - then the link will disappear when it's clicked.

FIXED :
Safe Territories now test for whether or not an enemy can bombard them.
Clock Format is now always in the Site Options menu - but will only affect the My Games page.
Few cosmetic tweaks for uber sexiness.

VERSION : 4.4.8

FIXED :
Colour Dropdowns.
Hosted Help elsewhere - this will be updated at a seperate time.
Fix to log parsing for weird characters.
Fix to SubContinents in textmap.
Few tweaks about general presentation of help/upgrader.

yeti_c wrote:VERSION : 4.4.4

NEW FEATURES :
Swap Avatars function - Turn on to have the avatar posts in the forum on the left of the screen.

FIXED :
Few tweaks here and there.
Added "Site Options" menu for stuff to turn on and off around the site rather than in game.

VERSION : 4.4.1

NEW FEATURES :
PleaseWait coding
- Please Wait messages are now shown whilst BOB is processing the game - This is here to prevent users from clicking stuff whilst loading... bear in mind that there are a few ways to click buttons - if you do then on your head be it.
- Note Pleasewait code runs for Textmap code too - so if you have TextMap on - you will see processing happening during turns.

Colour Drop Downs are Switchable
- Note these affects the NEXT load of a game - so if you switch them off - then reload the game to see this happening.

Hide Menu is now configurable for different areas of the sites.
- OFF - Hide menu does nothing
- SITE - Hide menu hides in the main Site.
- GAME - Hide menu hides in games.
- ON - Hide menu hides always.

FIXED :
Catches errors better for log processing - if log processing fails then you can reload the game with full Logs (By pressing OK to the message) - else press Cancel to play with what you have (Stats will be wrong)
Few other things here and there that needed tweaking.

VERSION : 4.3.6

FIXED :

A few speed ups for the log truncation stuff.
New Menu Option = Full Log - Turn this on for all game links to load Full logs on load... Doesn't work for "Click here to goto next game link"

VERSION : 4.3.5

FIXED : Log multiplication problem.

VERSION : 4.3.4

FIXED :

Recoded the Log Truncation fixes

VERSION 4.3.3

FIXED : Truncated Logs are now loaded into BOB...

VERSION : 4.3.2

FIXED :

ObjectiveSummary Bug
Recoded HideMenu code for LobsterCrush

[quote]VERSION : 4.3.1

New Features
Snapshots...

If you click "Snapshots" you will be presented with the following optionsƃĀ¢Ć¢ā€šĀ¬Ć‚Ā¦
"Take Snapshot"
- Takes and saves a Snapshot
ƃĀ¢Ć¢ā€šĀ¬Ć…ā€œAnalyse SnapshotƃĀ¢Ć¢ā€šĀ¬Ć‚
Last edited by yeti_c on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 am, edited 87 times in total.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Frop on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:08 am

About time you got your own thread, keep up the good work! :)
Captain Frop

Postby Coleman on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:10 am

I was pleasantly surprised in my Fog of War game. Great job handling that.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby rebelman on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 am

Frop wrote:About time you got your own thread, keep up the good work! :)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby richardgarr on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:39 am

When I enable AJAX with BOB , I am getting double army displays on my maps...please help. :? :?
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:52 am

richardgarr wrote:When I enable AJAX with BOB , I am getting double army displays on my maps...please help. :? :?

There are 2 options in the menu which you can change to adjust the double numbers...

Or are you like Lobster Crush and your army numbers appear below the map?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Having trouble

Postby thespider on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:11 am

I was having trouble installing the new script, so this is what I did:

I first uninstalled the old BOB.
I second enabled ajax,
Third I installed the new AJAX BOB
It Didn't show me the bob menu and my map was faded out. I also experienced the countries numbers well below the map.
So, I went back to my settings and disabled AJAX and then Enabled AJAX right after each other and it started to work.

Also I deleted all other user scripts I had installed for all sites. I wish I had done more enabling and disabling of ajax first, but at least it's working.

So if anyone else has issues, Disable and re-enable AJAX a few times to see if that helps.
Thanks for the AJAX BOB! It Rocks!
Sergeant thespider

Re: Having trouble

Postby Frop on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:09 pm

thespider wrote:I was having trouble installing the new script, so this is what I did:

I second enabled ajax,
It Didn't show me the bob menu and my map was faded out. I also experienced the countries numbers well below the map.
So, I went back to my settings and disabled AJAX and then Enabled AJAX right after each other and it started to work.

Also I deleted all other user scripts I had installed for all sites. I wish I had done more enabling and disabling of ajax first, but at least it's working.

So if anyone else has issues, Disable and re-enable AJAX a few times to see if that helps.

I think uninstalling old BOB versions did the trick. In my experience you have to uninstall all versions of non-AJAX BOB until you install yeti's version.
Captain Frop

Postby zero23 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:35 pm

It works great! Thanks for taking you time to code it!
Captain zero23

Postby Lobster Crush on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:18 pm

thespider wrote:I was having trouble installing the new script, so this is what I did:

I second enabled ajax,

Sadly, this doesn't fix my problem...though at least my hopes were up for a few minutes.
Sergeant 1st Class Lobster Crush

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:26 pm

Lobster Crush wrote:

I second enabled ajax,

Sadly, this doesn't fix my problem...though at least my hopes were up for a few minutes.

Lobster Crush- Which other "Conquer Club" scripts do you have installed?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Herakilla on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:31 pm

maybe yeti's ver of bob should get renamed to honor the person who did a lot of work making it compatible with the new settings?
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:43 pm

Herakilla wrote:maybe yeti's ver of bob should get renamed to honor the person who did a lot of work making it compatible with the new settings?

Actually - I came up with the name BOB for BOB anyways... so BOB it shall stay!!!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Herakilla on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:38 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Herakilla wrote:maybe yeti's ver of bob should get renamed to honor the person who did a lot of work making it compatible with the new settings?

Actually - I came up with the name BOB for BOB anyways... so BOB it shall stay!!!!

C.

sigh* fine.....
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby thespider on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Lobster Crush wrote:

I second enabled ajax,

Lobster Crush- Which other "Conquer Club" scripts do you have installed?

C.

Lobster, try deleting all scripts and try it with just the ajax bob. It could also help to try a new firefox profile or restarting the browser. I am using Flock and I got it to work. It also works in my firefox. I am using the clickable maps and the saved searches scripts. I DO NOT have scripts for other sites. Hope that helps!
Sergeant thespider

Postby firstholliday on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:24 am

got it after a while.... but what has changed?
General firstholliday

V2.15

Postby Tastus on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:42 am

Works very well thanks Yeti_c and everyone else involved!
Private 1st Class Tastus

Postby uofajac on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:55 am

Just got mine to work. You do have to delete old scripts from your grease monkey and then restart firefox.

Tools
GreaseMonkey
Manage User Scripts

Works great guys! Thank you!
Corporal uofajac

Postby moo_lol on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:50 pm

Edit: Nevermind, just found the options menu on the left.
Last edited by moo_lol on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dishwasher safe. Garbage disposal dangerous.
Sergeant 1st Class moo_lol

Postby idansimpson on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:03 pm

i'm getting the double display as well (below the map). here is a screenshot:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x77/ ... ure1-3.png

yeti_c wrote:
richardgarr wrote:When I enable AJAX with BOB , I am getting double army displays on my maps...please help. :? :?

There are 2 options in the menu which you can change to adjust the double numbers...

Or are you like Lobster Crush and your army numbers appear below the map?

C.
Captain idansimpson

Postby idansimpson on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:09 pm

idansimpson wrote:i'm getting the double display as well (below the map). here is a screenshot:

ok... it works now.

i disabled all my other scripts, restarted firefox, and it was fixed. THEN, i re-enabled those scripts and restarted... still works just fine.
Captain idansimpson

Re: AJAX BOB

Postby bedub1 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:12 pm

yeti_c wrote:TODO :

Clock Format doesn't work <- does anyone care about this one?
Clock Parsing not always correct (Noticed with 08 and 09 times - anymore?)
Terminator Points Summary Bug

When you say Clock Format doesn't work, are you talking about the fact that there your bob is cutting off the second digit of the hour position? It shows 0 Hours, 27 minutes remaining. When I click Refresh man, I can see the 09 Hours there for a second, and then the 9 dissapears....

Edit: Oh, thats what you mean by the Clock Parsing....Maybe just not parse it? I can read 09 hours left just as easy as 9 hours left....
Last edited by bedub1 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby bedub1 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Also,

Can you get map inspect to work in the BR?

BW
Colonel bedub1

Postby Lobster Crush on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:24 pm

ok...i've fixed mine as well. i didn't uninstall all of my scripts (that seemed a bit drastic), but uninstalling one of them seemed to do the trick.

the script is "LookItUp2" -- a handy script, but it messes with BOB.
Sergeant 1st Class Lobster Crush

Postby Squirly on Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:32 pm

This Sucks!!

I tried some of the things you guys listed and it isn't working for me. I am sure all of this "change" somehow improves the site but it is just a big pain in the ass for people like me. I run a construction company so anything in the way of "IT" is really foreign to me. Everytime I change some setting, install or uninstall something on my computer I feel like I'm screwing with something I'm not supposed to, and I'm usually right. So 1st I took the big leap to install Firefox, then greasemonkey, then bob, then ajax came along but I was told to disable it if I liked using bob, now ajax is mandatory so you need new bob, so I installed that and now all the #'s are duplicated and I can't fix it. I need some help and would appreciate it if one of you "computer smart" people can help me out.
General Squirly

Next

Return to Tool Archives