Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AJAX BOB

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:11 am

jiminski wrote:hehe ! you have all the answers Yeti!
what award did it win?

The Bob award...

This award is only awarded to Bob applicants that show a higher than normal level of Bobness. Of the three candidates running Bob won the show with a bobstanding 95% vote of Bob appeal.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby jiminski on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:38 am

yeti_c wrote:
jiminski wrote:hehe ! you have all the answers Yeti!
what award did it win?

The Bob award...

This award is only awarded to Bob applicants that show a higher than normal level of Bobness. Of the three candidates running Bob won the show with a bobstanding 95% vote of Bob appeal.

C.

Bobtastic!
Captain jiminski

Postby Stoney229 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:07 pm

jiminski wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:
yeti_c wrote:This is AJAX BOB - the new version of the award winning BOB script that takes all the original features from BOB and upgrades them to work with the AJAX version of the site...

Award winning?

You've gotta sell it!!

C.

I don't understand

He is waxing lyrical about something he is proud of; employing poetic license as a tool in professing its excellence....

Oh ok I get it. Thanks!
Score: 1739
Games: 88 Completed, 52 (59%) Won
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby The1exile on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:14 am

Problem with the game clock:

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1257268

While on the my games page it shows I have 8 hours 15 minutes or so, going into the game itself changes that to 8 hours less (i.e. just 15 minutes and counting).

Dunno if this has been already been reported, nor what causes it.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby firstholliday on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:58 am

The1exile wrote:Problem with the game clock:

While on the my games page it shows I have 8 hours 15 minutes or so, going into the game itself changes that to 8 hours less (i.e. just 15 minutes and counting).

same here a couple hours ago..
General firstholliday

Postby Stoney229 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:56 pm

The1exile wrote:Problem with the game clock:

yes it has been reported: with 08:** and 09:** left, the 8s and 9s disappear.
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

missed turns?

Postby Angus Khan on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:46 pm

The script seems to be working ok, but I have gotten a few blue screens of death on my XP machine. I'm still trying to work out if that is a hardware or software issue.

The only bug I've noticed is that the Missed Turns isn't accurate in the BOB Extended Stats window. I would have guessed Yeti parses the Game Log and keys in on the "missed turn" line and looks who is there, but apparently it is getting it from someplace else?
Sergeant 1st Class Angus Khan

Postby BritishDragon on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:13 pm

I've got a problem with Bob in that I can deploy my armies, but cannot attack. When I click either of the attack buttons, nothing happens. I have to click the GM monkey and disable bob, return to the game by refreshing the page then carry on my turn. Any ideas what's going on?

There are no other scripts installed/showing when I right click the monkey.
Cook BritishDragon

Postby Ishiro on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:28 pm

I've been able to narrow down the -1 pixel thing. When Firefox is maximized, all maps are fine, armies are perfectly aligned at 0,0 settings. When Firefox is not maximized, then all maps are off by 1 pixel and need a left setting of -1 to align.

No idea how to deal with that... but there it is.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby Coleman on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:08 am

Can we have the making the map lighter go the other way as well?
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 am

Coleman wrote:Can we have the making the map lighter go the other way as well?

No!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby edthemaster on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:45 am

Ishiro wrote:I've been able to narrow down the -1 pixel thing. When Firefox is maximized, all maps are fine, armies are perfectly aligned at 0,0 settings. When Firefox is not maximized, then all maps are off by 1 pixel and need a left setting of -1 to align.

No idea how to deal with that... but there it is.

ishiro, i have the same kind of behavior--but only on one of my computers. on my laptop, i have not had the pixel problem once. but on my desktop, have to adjust every map to exactly (-2,-3)...
Sergeant 1st Class edthemaster

Help File / FAQ?

Postby Shino Tenshi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm wondering if there's a help file or FAQ available for AJAX BOB?

I have recently installed it and it looks like it will be a huge help. There's a couple of things I'm curious about though. Namely how does the strength get calculated and what's with the - and *'s to the left of strength/right of territories?

Other than that, just a general basic help file and breakdown of the different features would be great if it existed. If not, perhaps that's something for the to-do list?
Captain Shino Tenshi

Re: Help File / FAQ?

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:42 am

Shino Tenshi wrote:I'm wondering if there's a help file or FAQ available for AJAX BOB?

I have recently installed it and it looks like it will be a huge help. There's a couple of things I'm curious about though. Namely how does the strength get calculated and what's with the - and *'s to the left of strength/right of territories?

Other than that, just a general basic help file and breakdown of the different features would be great if it existed. If not, perhaps that's something for the to-do list?

There is a help button in the BOB menu on your left...

However it's not upto date at the moment!!!

But it will have the answers to those 2 questions.

a) Strength is a calculation based on number or armies and number of territories (I can't remember the exact workings)
b) the *'s are the number of territories needed to capture from that person to drop them by 1 reinforcement...

i.e. 12* means they have 12 territories (4 reinforcements) - if you take 1 then they will have 11 and 3...

14*** means they have 14 territories (4 reinforcements) - if you take 3 then they will have 11 and 3...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:09 am

VERSION : 2.18

FIXED :
Repointed Help links to this thread.

VERSION : 2.17

FIXED :
Add Objective Summary coding.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Shino Tenshi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks for the help yeti_c... I found it earlier today and found it a nice help.

On another note...

I am wondering if it would be possible to replace the 'Armies Due' information in FoW games with the last known amount that the player got from the game log?

I find myself constantly scrolling the game log to check how many reinforcements everybody got and a feature like this would save a lot of time and headaches. I suspect that many others would find it useful as well.

EDIT: Possibly the territory values for the armies due could be gotten by calculating the remaining territories each player has as well? This info is gotten by the last count of territories in the game log plus all territories conquered by and from each player.
Captain Shino Tenshi

Postby Stoney229 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:10 pm

is there any way you could put something on the bob menu that would tell us if an update is available? if not, then can you at least put a link on the menu that goes to the userscripts page?
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 pm

Stoney229 wrote:is there any way you could put something on the bob menu that would tell us if an update is available? if not, then can you at least put a link on the menu that goes to the userscripts page?

I'm afraid that's not possible...

The links on the menu do come here though - so that should help?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Shino Tenshi wrote:Thanks for the help yeti_c... I found it earlier today and found it a nice help.

On another note...

I am wondering if it would be possible to replace the 'Armies Due' information in FoW games with the last known amount that the player got from the game log?

I find myself constantly scrolling the game log to check how many reinforcements everybody got and a feature like this would save a lot of time and headaches. I suspect that many others would find it useful as well.

EDIT: Possibly the territory values for the armies due could be gotten by calculating the remaining territories each player has as well? This info is gotten by the last count of territories in the game log plus all territories conquered by and from each player.

I'm planning to do this in my next update... (barring any emergency fixes)

I was trying to think of a way of calculating the initial amount before anyone had played...

Of course that's easy... territories / players

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Stoney229 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 am

yeti_c wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:is there any way you could put something on the bob menu that would tell us if an update is available? if not, then can you at least put a link on the menu that goes to the userscripts page?

C.

right... you could cut the 2 steps down to one by adding a direct link on the menu (stating "Get Latest Version" or "Check for Updates" or something), but it's your choice. I think putting a direct link on the menu-in view of the users- would increase the rate at which users update it, meaning you would get faster feedback i think.
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 am

Stoney229 wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

right... you could cut the 2 steps down to one by adding a direct link on the menu (stating "Get Latest Version" or "Check for Updates" or something), but it's your choice. I think putting a direct link on the menu-in view of the users- would increase the rate at which users update it, meaning you would get faster feedback i think.

OK - I'll add that on the next version... (Of course the irony being that the users will have to upgrade for the upgrade link to be there!!!)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby benjikat on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:38 am

Really like the way you've implemented the objectives - keep up the good work =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class benjikat

Postby yeti_c on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:29 am

VERSION : 2.19

FIXED :
Added Upgrade link to take you directly to the userscripts page

Added an id to the menu for LobsterCrush

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:57 pm

Look at this:

... Where did I go wrong?