Conquer Club

THE ALLSPARK LEAGUE [CHAMPION: BaldAdonis]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

THE ALLSPARK LEAGUE [CHAMPION: BaldAdonis]

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:00 am

Optimus Prime's Allspark League

Welcome to the Allspark League! This league will not have an individual champion, but rather will show which players can play at a high level consistently. Players who participate will be working to stay at the top of the scoreboard and not fall into danger of being dropped from the league, thereby being replaced by a new player. It is open to players of all ranks as long as they have premium membership.

There will be 48 players. In the future, I will expand the league to include more and more players until it grows to be no larger than 72 players at any one time. Player input will be very important for this league.

Games & Gameplay:

Game Format: All games will be sequential and include 6 players. Also, the card settings as well as fortifications will be determined by the choice of maps for any particular set of games. There will always be at least 1 batch of games with Escalating cards in each set of 3 batches released.

Game Load: Games will be joined in sets of 3. A new set of games will not be sent out until we are down to 5 or 6 active games from the previous set. I have decided that three games at once is not too bad, and I don't want anyone to be overloaded with new games all the time. This format for starting games will mean that sometimes new games will be ready after a week, and sometimes after several weeks. It will all depend on how quickly they finish and the maps and settings used in any particular set.

Maps: Not every map that CC has to offer will be used in the league to start. Below I have included a list of maps that I currently will be picking from at random to create games. All of them feature no gimmicks in gameplay, and that is the way I like it. Once the league is established I will start polls for the players to vote on as to which other maps with gameplay gimmicks should be included, and then they will be added to the list.

Available Maps:
Africa, Ancient Greece, Arctic, Asia, Australia, BeNeLux, Brazil, British Isles, Canada, Classic, Discworld, Eight Thoughts, Europe, France, Germany, Global Warming, Great Lakes, Hong Kong, Indochina, Ireland, Italy, King of the Mountains, Middle Earth, Mongol Empire, Montreal, North America, Philippines, Portugal, San Francisco, Siege, Tamriel, USA, WWII Eastern Front, Midkemdil, Iberia, Malta, South America, Caribbean Islands (other maps will be included in the future after receiving input from the players of the league).

8-Player Games: Once per Era there will be a single set of 8-player games. They will be played on maps deemed appropriate for 8-player settings by the Map Foundry. Only 1 of the 18 batches in an Era will be with 8-player games. The scoring for 8-player games will be slightly different, see below for the 8-player game scoring spread.

Bonus Games: Once per Era I will create a Fog of War, Assassin, and 7-player game. These games will be 6-player, Sequential, Flat Rate, Unlimited. I will announce these games at different times during the day via PM to all league players. The first ones in get the spots and everyone else will have to wait until the next bonus games. Winning one of these bonus games will earn you 5 points in the overall standings, but 0 points in the current Era standings. Players will not get any points for not being the winner in these games.

Opponent Burnout: In order to combat the problem with burnout associated with playing the same players over and over again I will be using the list randomizer from random.org to assign players to each game. I am hoping that this will prevent any problems with players having too many games against each other in a row. However, be advised that you will see the same players on a regular basis.

Scoring & Standings:

Standings: There will be a league standings that includes all players currently active in the league. All players will begin play with 40 points in the standings. The completion of each game will earn an addition or subtraction to your score as detailed below. If a player falls below 0 points at any time, they will have until the completion of that current set of games to climb above 0 points again. If they do not, they will be dropped from the league and replaced with a player from the Waiting List.

Game Scoring: All games will be scored as follows according to the place you finish:

Standard Batch Games (6-player)
1st: 7 points
2nd: 4 points
3rd: 2 points
4th: -1 point
5th: -2 points
6th: -4 points

8-Player Batch Games
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 1 point
6th: -1 point
7th: -3 points
8th: -4 points

Bonus Games: The winner of any bonus game will receive 5 points to their overall standings score. The points will not be applied to their Era score. Nobody but the winner will receive points.

Stalemates: In the event of a stalemate, Optimus Prime will determine the appropriate number of rounds that the game will continue for. Once that mark has been reached, the remaining points available will be divided equally among all non-eliminated players.

I will not apply your new points until after the game is fully completed so as to give as accurate a picture as possible. Applying points earned halfway through a game is just a pain in the rear anyways.

Era Champions

Era Length: Each Era will last for 18 "game batches." An Era will include 17 batches of 6-player games, 1 batch of 8-player games, and 3 bonus games announced randomly throughout the Era.

Era Standings: Every time a new Era begins there will be a separate set of standings for that Era in order to give all players and equal chance of becoming an "Era Champion" even if they are in the bottom portion of the overall standings. All players will start at 0 points in the Era standings and will move up and down with the scores from each of their games within that Era. Bonus game points do not count towards the Era Standings.

Era Names: Given that this league is themed upon the Transformers cartoon, the first few Eras will be named as follows: Autobot, Decepticon, Quintessicon, Dinobot, Cybertron, and Unicron. These names will suffice for a long time before we need new ones.

First Era-Autobot: In order to be fair to all participants the Autobot Era will begin with Game Batch 4 along with the first league expansion.

Waiting List:

How to Get On the Waiting List: Any player that signs up for the league after the original 36 players have been determined will automatically receive a place on the Waiting List. This list will be used to replace any players that fall below 0 points or that choose to leave the league under their own reasons. The player at the top of the list will be chosen first, and so on down the line.

Expanding the League: When I decide to expand the league I will use the players from the Waiting List first and if necessary have an open callout after that.

Waiting List Miscellaneous: Due to the fact that players will likely be on the Waiting List for a long time, I will contact them via PM before using them to replace players who have dropped out of the league. If a player does not respond to that PM within 48 hours I will move on to the next.

Miscellaneous:

No-Shows: If a player does not show up for their assigned game or games they will receive the -4 penalty for a last place finish as well as an additional -5 penalty for not showing up. All players will be given a respectable amount of time to join games (no predetermined time limit will be set at this time). If a player does not show up the game will be remade to include the smaller number of players as needed.

Player Input: I will be sending out surveys from time to time to all of the players asking them to give their opinions on adding maps, game setting options, or adjustments to the league format and scoring. These surveys will only be every so often and should not be a hassle to perform. I really want to polish this league into a well-tuned machine and value the input of the players very highly.

Getting Kicked/Dropped from the League: There are two ways to be dropped/kicked from the Allspark League. The first is to fall below 0 points in the overall standings and not climb back above 0 points by the end of the current batch of games. The second way is to finish dead last in the current Era standings regardless of overall score.

Re-entering the League: Optimus Prime is working closely with some of his trusted friends/players to develop an idea for allowing re-entrance into the league after being dropped/kicked. This will be the subject of a future survey or poll.

CURRENT GAME BATCHES:

Code: Select all
Game Batch 7

=======
1760885 kevin0023, denominator, BaldAdonis, rebelman, Kinnison, iamkoolerthanu
=======
1760890 Gilligan, Forza AZ, odratsab, lord voldemort, Timminz, Rumondo
=======
1760893 barterer2002, pogophiles, amazzony, Gozar, keiths31, Tieryn
=======
1760895 Godd, negoeien, thekidstrumpet, Marshall Law, vykingsfan64, jennifermarie
=======
1760899 DAZMCFC, JDill8, Serbia, cougfan82, rallison, japser_be
=======
1760907 Evil Semp, Boss_oss_ss, CCmachine, trk1994, Coleman, beanyuk
=======
1760911 spidey, tsioumiou, cena-rules, cazmart, yeti_c, Bad Speler
=======
1760912 Aerial Attack, Night Strike, 0ojakeo0, Baas K, hschroed78, KidWhisky
=======

Game Batch 8

=======
1760924 kevin0023, Gilligan, barterer2002, Godd, DAZMCFC, Evil Semp
=======
1760925 spidey, Aerial Attack, denominator, Forza AZ, pogophiles, negoeien
=======
1760927 JDill8, Boss_oss_ss, tsioumiou, Night Strike, BaldAdonis, odratsab
=======
1760928 amazzony, thekidstrumpet, Serbia, CCmachine, cena-rules, 0ojakeo0
=======
1760931 rebelman, lord voldemort, Gozar, Marshall Law, cougfan82, trk1994
=======
1760932 cazmart, Baas K, Kinnison, Timminz, keiths31, vykingsfan64
=======
1760935 rallison, Coleman, yeti_c, hschroed78, iamkoolerthanu, Rumondo
=======
1760937 Tieryn, jennifermarie, japser_be, beanyuk, Bad Speler, KidWhisky
=======

Game Batch 9

=======
1760939 kevin0023, spidey, JDill8, amazzony, rebelman, cazmart
=======
1760940 rallison, Tieryn, Gilligan, Aerial Attack, Boss_oss_ss, thekidstrumpet
=======
1760944 lord voldemort, Baas K, Coleman, jennifermarie, barterer2002, denominator
=======
1760947 tsioumiou, Serbia, Gozar, Kinnison, yeti_c, japser_be
=======
1760949 Godd, Forza AZ, Night Strike, CCmachine, Marshall Law, Timminz
=======
1760952 hschroed78, beanyuk, DAZMCFC, pogophiles, BaldAdonis, cena-rules
=======
1760953 cougfan82, keiths31, iamkoolerthanu, Bad Speler, Evil Semp, negoeien
=======
1760955 odratsab, 0ojakeo0, trk1994, vykingsfan64, Rumondo, KidWhisky
=======
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 62 times in total.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Gozar on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:06 am

Current League Standings

Lieutenant Gozar

Postby Timminz on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:17 am

The Waiting List:

25. Kayla
26. brandoncfi
27. Dododope
Captain Timminz

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:19 am

<Optimus Prime Edit>
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:22 am

I'm in, accepted by pm.

Also, I would vote for fog to be part of the possibility list, just like I'd vote for no World 2.1. Edit: Oh, nevermind, World 2.1 isn't on the list anymore. That's odd. :wink:

Supporting fog is really odd for me because I was very against fog when it first came out and now I like it about as much as I do anything else.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Timminz on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:28 am

Optimus Prime wrote:Nope, no fog at this time. Perhaps in the future on occassion if voted so by the players.
I would vote a definite "NO" on that. But that's just me....
Captain Timminz

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:38 am

Almost everything will get voted on at some point, including FOG, but first we'll get a couple batches of games under our belts. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby cazmart on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:38 am

cazmart would like to play
Sergeant 1st Class cazmart

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:45 am

cazmart wrote:cazmart would like to play

I have added you to the list. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby denominator on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:03 am

I'd definitely like to play.
Lieutenant denominator

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 am

I'll accept my invitation
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:22 am

Put me in coach. I've wanted to see a tournament like this for a while: 6 player games, no end in sight, and players who lose a lot get booted.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:31 am

You have all been added so far. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:36 am

Okay, the first post should current hold all of the pertinent information you will need to know about the tournament at this time. :) Sign up now!
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby CCmachine on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:39 am

I'm in.
Cook CCmachine

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 am

sign me up opie
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Tieryn on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:43 am

Bing! And in 5 hours, your tournament participant is ready.

Here's one we prepared earlier *trots out Tieryn on a platter*
Sergeant 1st Class Tieryn

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:46 am

Woot, I'm in homie! Thanks for the invite yo.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:52 am

All of you have been added.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:10 am

I ran something like this a while ago and you are going to probably want something more steep than -5 for not showing.

It's not likely, but you could be waiting 8 or more games in a row to remove someone that way if they stop playing without a word.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Kinnison on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:45 am

Actually, it's -8, (-5 for last and a -3 extra). Or, perhaps, it is NOW... and wasn't when you posted that. Ugh, editable messageboards. A great idea that hurts the brain at 3am.

Regardless, this looks like great fun. I'll sign up now and regret it later. ;)
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:48 am

replied by pm already, but would like to be included thanks
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby amazzony on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:49 am

I think that I've not taken part any of Prime's tourneys yet so here's a go (if there's still room) :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby hschroed78 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:52 am

Sounds great! Exactly the tournament I was waiting for, so please count me in.
Major hschroed78

Postby soundout9 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:55 am

denominator wrote:I'd definitely like to play.
Private soundout9

Next

Return to Completed 2008