[Official] British Isles REVAMP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:54 pm

Coleman wrote:Have you tried coloring in the continents and then making the flags be a watermark inside?

I like the subtle geographic background i have going on atm. Without it everything is flat and would require more artificial textures. Something i dont really want.

Coleman wrote:Also congrats on figuring out my checklist to get moved. :lol:

Done it all by myself :D
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:55 pm

p.s. is it safe to mark this as an [OFFICIAL] revamp thread?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:57 pm

There has been demand, the author showed up to ask, you persued it and recieved direct permission. If he wanted there to be a contest he made no mention of it. You are the official revamp artist, much like how the Brazil revamp went.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:58 pm

Coleman wrote:There has been demand, the author showed up to ask, you persued it and recieved direct permission. If he wanted there to be a contest he made no mention of it. You are the official revamp artist, much like how the Brazil revamp went.

Sounds good to me, jsut needed the official word ;)

EDIT: doesnt that look better :D

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby wicked on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:00 am

I really don't like the country flags as is. Not sure how to fix it, but I'd rather play the current map than that one (and I've played this map alot).

Also, can you change the text of the oceans? Looks like they were just thrown on there.
Last edited by wicked on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:02 am

wicked wrote:I really don't like the country flags as is. Not sure how to fix it, but I'd rather play the current map than that one (and I've played this map alot).

What is it about hte flags that you dont like thou?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby wicked on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:02 am

They're too distracting from the countries, and overpower the map. They need to be much much much lighter.
Major wicked

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:05 am

wicked wrote:They're too distracting from the countries, and overpower the map. They need to be much much much lighter.

Ill keep that in mind, they may not be so distractiong with either:

A. Adding army circles

or

B. The army numbers shown covers the map a little.

failing any of these options working ill tweek them again.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Awesome

Postby Keredrex on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:06 am

Fantastic.... Very well Done although i agree about the flags in the territs.....Lighter
Lieutenant Keredrex

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby wicked on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:09 am

no, the army circles won't help. the country lines are so light, as is the text, where the flags seem to be the "top layer" and shouldn't be.
Major wicked

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 am

wicked wrote:no, the army circles won't help. the country lines are so light, as is the text, where the flags seem to be the "top layer" and shouldn't be.

Evidently you are seeing something im not, the terr names and te boarders are solid black, 100% visable. The flags are layered UNDER the boarders. Never the less . . .

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby wicked on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:29 am

No I know it was under, but it didn't SEEM that way since the flags were so "loud" and the territory lines so light. I think that's it, it's too busy. Muting it a bit like you did is a step in the right direction, but I still don't like look of the flags as backgrounds, sorry.

Also, can you do away with the multiple names for the countries?

And why is the Gloucest.. circle so dark?
Major wicked

Postby happy2seeyou on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:36 am

I just now saw this thread for the first time... PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE CURRENT MAP!!!!
Captain happy2seeyou

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:38 am

wicked wrote:Also, can you do away with the multiple names for the countries?

This is to get realistic geography into the map. THe main reason alot of people asked for a revamp was becasue of the geographical inaccuracy of it. The only way to keep the map moderatly accurate while keeping the exact same gameplay was to merge regions and give mutiply names.

wicked wrote:And why is the Gloucest.. circle so dark?

An accident will fix for the next update.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 am

happy2seeyou wrote:I just now saw this thread for the first time... PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE CURRENT MAP!!!!

any paticular reason why not?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas