Conquer Club

Philippines Map revealed!! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Haydena on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:47 am

Already got 3 games on the go with it...

Looks great :D
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby Fireside Poet on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:58 am

Marv, gotta hand it to you. I am in 6 and thoroughly enjoying the ports. Very nice touch.
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Can we change something on the Phillipines map?

Postby Dude Bob on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:31 pm

I don't know if a map already in play can be changed, but the Phillipines map has one really obnoxious problem.

It has a territory called "Cayagan" and another territory called "Cagayan", with the only difference in spelling being that the "y" and "g" are switched.

This can be VERY confusing for anyone who controlls both territories. Several times during my fortification phase, I sent troops to the wrong one. Fortunately, I only played it with Unlimited fortification, but this could be a major pain in the neck if you're using Chained fortification. Also, I once made the fatal mistake of putting my reinforcements on the wrong one, which may very well have cost me the game.

Is there any way to change the name of one of these territories?
Private 1st Class Dude Bob

Re: Can we change something on the Phillipines map?

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Dude Bob wrote:I don't know if a map already in play can be changed, but the Phillipines map has one really obnoxious problem.

It has a territory called "Cayagan" and another territory called "Cagayan", with the only difference in spelling being that the "y" and "g" are switched.

This can be VERY confusing for anyone who controlls both territories. Several times during my fortification phase, I sent troops to the wrong one. Fortunately, I only played it with Unlimited fortification, but this could be a major pain in the neck if you're using Chained fortification. Also, I once made the fatal mistake of putting my reinforcements on the wrong one, which may very well have cost me the game.

any map that's already in play can be changed.

about your problem i'm not sure it will though. those are probably the real names of those regions. :wink:

the only advice i can give is to pay more attention next time
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Can we change something on the Phillipines map?

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:28 pm

DiM wrote:
Dude Bob wrote:I don't know if a map already in play can be changed, but the Phillipines map has one really obnoxious problem.

any map that's already in play can be changed.

about your problem i'm not sure it will though. those are probably the real names of those regions. :wink:

the only advice i can give is to pay more attention next time

ya
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Icolos (for bonus info) - should be Ilocos

Cagayan (southwest of the map) - wrong location, this should be Turtle Islands

Cayagan (north) - no such name, this should be Cagayan

These changes have been made. Images and XML has been updated accordingly. If any more errors are out there, let us know.

Big thanks to Widowmakers for assisting in fixing the graphics and Keyogi for doing the XML.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Philippines Map revealed!! [Quenched]

Postby astiggamay on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 am

I keep on losing in philippine map I still dont get it though I live in philippine Im really bad at places ...maybe because I dont pay attention to history...I really enjoy this game its really awesome.. :)
Cook astiggamay

Previous

Return to The Atlas