Conquer Club

Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Coleman wrote:I still don't understand how the connections work in the Airport area. :(

Coleman...thanks for taking an interest.....both connections are one-way of course, and neither road can attack the other.

when the map starts, some players will want to take the airport (germans) and some will want to take the town. the castle starts entirely neutral (now).

both airport and town mobs have to conquer the castle as well as the mob coming in from the cold.

if the airport starters get the escape aircraft early, they can still be attacked by the incoming mob/s.

Bonuses are yet to allocated of course.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Coleman on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:28 pm

no... and I hope you forgive me for this, Moron.

Inside the airport area. How do all those circles connect? Not to and from, not anywhere else. Also the 4 circles in Barracks aren't named yet.

I'm just trying to suggest things that could get you closer to being moved. That's what I'm supposed to do.

Believe it or not I actually understand everything else.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:39 pm

Sorry for lack of comments Cairns - I'm loving the idea - and I'm kindof waiting for it to come through a bit more so that I can comment in the future...

Keep up with it...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 am

Coleman wrote:no... and I hope you forgive me for this, Moron.

Inside the airport area. How do all those circles connect? Not to and from, not anywhere else. Also the 4 circles in Barracks aren't named yet.

I'm just trying to suggest things that could get you closer to being moved. That's what I'm supposed to do.

Believe it or not I actually understand everything else.

Mmmmm....not sure who the Moron is meant for Coleman. I'd be very upset if it was for me...but i hope I'm reading things incorrectly? :) Perhaps the lesson would be to not use that word at all....unless it is in Flame Wars. I find it very denegrating even if you were referring to yourself.

I have not finished formulating the airport area yet.
To be honest i am still deciding what to put on this map...I'm not sure, so I'm looking for advice and hope some of it is sinking into the map.

But the whole idea of this map is that the cable car is the only way up to the castle.

I am not ready for moving this yet, as it is still not fully formulated.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:49 am

yeti_c wrote:Sorry for lack of comments Cairns - I'm loving the idea - and I'm kindof waiting for it to come through a bit more so that I can comment in the future...

Keep up with it...

C.

Yeti_C...i look forward to your input once i have some formulation for the airport etc.
Private cairnswk

Postby Incandenza on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:25 am

I keep looking at different gameplay aspects of this map, and I keep saying 'wow'. Of course, that could be because I had the sort of grandfather who considered "Where Eagles Dare" appropriate, nigh on compulsory viewing for an eight-year-old Incandenza. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this map is set up so that it's impossible to win the game unless you achieve the objective, given the one-way attacks with the infiltrators in the southwest.

As far as the current bonus structure goes, it seems to leave a lot to the drop.

I suppose it doesn't matter, because the objective-only nature of the game will promote a ton of infighting... or it will promote stalemate, with people looking over their inflated stacks at their opponents.

But do please continue. This is shaping up to be a unique map, and CC could use more of those.

One more question: given the bonuses and objective and what not, what's the ideal sort of game (in terms of settings) that one would want to play on this map?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:59 am

Incandenza wrote:I keep looking at different gameplay aspects of this map, and I keep saying 'wow'. Of course, that could be because I had the sort of grandfather who considered "Where Eagles Dare" appropriate, nigh on compulsory viewing for an eight-year-old Incandenza. :D

As far as the current bonus structure goes, it seems to leave a lot to the drop.

I suppose it doesn't matter, because the objective-only nature of the game will promote a ton of infighting... or it will promote stalemate, with people looking over their inflated stacks at their opponents.

But do please continue. This is shaping up to be a unique map, and CC could use more of those.

Wow, Incandenza....yes i always thought it was a compulsoiry war movie to view regardless of how old you were....but i guess i am biased. :)

The bonuses as you can see are not yet set, and there will be changes and i hope given that we don't have sand-box testing area, we will be able to balance these to the best use.

Notice that in the START area those bonuses mean that as long as you survive, you will get your normal tert bonus numbers plus at least 4 each turn for those starters. Of course last person across the Check-points A & B means they will get one less each turn.

Other bonuses will be allocated for the airport, and the town, but i have yet to work these out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this map is set up so that it's impossible to win the game unless you achieve the objective, given the one-way attacks with the infiltrators in the southwest.

Yes you will need those objectives to win the game.

One more question: given the bonuses and objective and what not, what's the ideal sort of game (in terms of settings) that one would want to play on this map?

Knowing that we may soon have 8 player games, I have deliberately included 8 as the starting numbers for each each area of town, airport and start.
If there are less than that number, there will be more neutrals, which will only make the map possibly that bit harder, or perhaps less terts to conquer.

To be honest i wouldn't even guess at the best possible combination...my brain doesn't work those stats too well and i am not afraid to admit that...Yeti_c or even Coleman could probably answer that question much better for you, and i hope they will.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Version 5 Update

Changes:

1. Airport Formulated and with bonus
2. Rail line removed

Last edited by cairnswk on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private cairnswk

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm

looks good O:) :twisted: O:) :twisted:

sorry couldnt resist the angel AND the devil
Corporal bryguy

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Whenever you are ready for leaving Map Ideas I have two conditions that need to be met that haven't been yet:

The number of territories currently on the map. (In First Post)
A Working Legend (There is a Lot I Don't Understand Yet)

To elaborate on what I don't get. Any territory in the airport and the village is +2. Right now the Castle and the Cars up to it are of no apparent value aside from the victory conditions in the Castle.

Is that intentional or have they not been added yet? If it was intentional I don't foresee anyone playing the way you described in your first post. It seems more likely they'd tear through the village for the airport bonuses unless the neutral values are really going to make that undesirable.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:58 pm

Coleman wrote:Whenever you are ready for leaving Map Ideas I have two conditions that need to be met that haven't been yet:

The number of territories currently on the map. (In First Post)
A Working Legend (There is a Lot I Don't Understand Yet)

To elaborate on what I don't get. Any territory in the airport and the village is +2. Right now the Castle and the Cars up to it are of no apparent value aside from the victory conditions in the Castle.

Is that intentional or have they not been added yet? If it was intentional I don't foresee anyone playing the way you described in your first post. It seems more likely they'd tear through the village for the airport bonuses unless the neutral values are really going to make that undesirable.

Mmmm...problem with that is coleman, two of the objective terts are in the castle -> funkraum and munitionsraum....and no-one now starts in the castle.

I will adjust the first to notate number of territories.
The working legend is around the side for now....I may change it later.
Private cairnswk

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Right, well in your first post you thought people would go for the castle before the airport.

I'm guessing players would rather go to the airport first. I would if I have no incentive to go to the castle until I was ready to take those victory condition territories.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:20 pm

Coleman wrote:Right, well in your first post you thought people would go for the castle before the airport.

I'm guessing players would rather go to the airport first. I would if I have no incentive to go to the castle until I was ready to take those victory condition territories.

That is ver easily solved....Guards A & B at the bottom of the cable car will not be joined, and the Comm. Willy to Bahnhof will be one-way.
That will stop people getting to the airport first.

I have done the terts on the first page.
Private cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:29 pm

cairnswrk wrote:Everyone gets a chance to start at the starting position.

Hi Cairns...

In your first post you state this...

The problem is - I don't think it's true...

There are 24 territories at the start...

In a 6 player game you have 4 territories to start with...

8 of the starting territories are the Starters...

So the drop could well exclude anyone from having one of these starter territories...

I think you have a 25% chance of not getting a starter territory...

I'm not sure on my maths tho - as it's the end of a long day!!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 pm

i think it should be that the start territories should be the only ones that are not neutral

kinda like Age of Might and such
Corporal bryguy

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Version 6 Update.

This should stop anyone doing like Coleman state and speeding through the town to the airport....unless they are already there!

Private cairnswk

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:35 pm

so can people start at the light blue territories??
Corporal bryguy

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Cairns - I assume the Cable cars are one way only?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:36 pm

yeti_c wrote:Cairns - I assume the Cable cars are one way only?
i assume they are, but yea cairns are they?
Corporal bryguy

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:39 pm

bryguy wrote:so can people start at the light blue territories??

yes
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:40 pm

yeti_c wrote:Cairns - I assume the Cable cars are one way only?

C.

yes...there is a one-way arrow holding those cars...but i will clarify that in the legend....next version.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:45 pm

bryguy wrote:i think it should be that the start territories should be the only ones that are not neutral

That is still up for consideration bryguy.
If Yeti_c's calculations are correct as above, then I might have to do that. :wink:
Private cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:47 pm

cairnswk wrote:
bryguy wrote:i think it should be that the start territories should be the only ones that are not neutral

That is still up for consideration bryguy.
If Yeti_c's calculations are correct as above, then I might have to do that. :wink:

Sorry!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm

yeti_c wrote:

Hi Cairns...

So the drop could well exclude anyone from having one of these starter territories...

C.

Sound logical to me.

Perhaps we need lackattack to hurry up with that modification on starting positions for the xml....a PM coming up i think.
As i stated before....if we can stipulate through xml that a tert starts neutral, then it should be easy to stipulate that a tert starts Player 1 etc.
Private cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 pm

cairnswk wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

Hi Cairns...

C.

Sound logical to me.

Perhaps we need lackattack to hurry up with that modification on starting positions for the xml....a PM coming up i think.
As i stated before....if we can stipulate through xml that a tert starts neutral, then it should be easy to stipulate that a tert starts Player 1 etc.

Aye that would sort it out - Once that was done then it wouldn't be a problem for the rest of the map...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas