Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:58 pm

Coleman wrote:Whenever you are ready for leaving Map Ideas I have two conditions that need to be met that haven't been yet:

The number of territories currently on the map. (In First Post)
A Working Legend (There is a Lot I Don't Understand Yet)

To elaborate on what I don't get. Any territory in the airport and the village is +2. Right now the Castle and the Cars up to it are of no apparent value aside from the victory conditions in the Castle.

Is that intentional or have they not been added yet? If it was intentional I don't foresee anyone playing the way you described in your first post. It seems more likely they'd tear through the village for the airport bonuses unless the neutral values are really going to make that undesirable.


Mmmm...problem with that is coleman, two of the objective terts are in the castle -> funkraum and munitionsraum....and no-one now starts in the castle.

I will adjust the first to notate number of territories.
The working legend is around the side for now....I may change it later.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Right, well in your first post you thought people would go for the castle before the airport.

I'm guessing players would rather go to the airport first. I would if I have no incentive to go to the castle until I was ready to take those victory condition territories.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:20 pm

Coleman wrote:Right, well in your first post you thought people would go for the castle before the airport.

I'm guessing players would rather go to the airport first. I would if I have no incentive to go to the castle until I was ready to take those victory condition territories.


That is ver easily solved....Guards A & B at the bottom of the cable car will not be joined, and the Comm. Willy to Bahnhof will be one-way.
That will stop people getting to the airport first.

I have done the terts on the first page.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:29 pm

cairnswrk wrote:Everyone gets a chance to start at the starting position.


Hi Cairns...

In your first post you state this...

The problem is - I don't think it's true...

There are 24 territories at the start...

In a 6 player game you have 4 territories to start with...

8 of the starting territories are the Starters...

So the drop could well exclude anyone from having one of these starter territories...

I think you have a 25% chance of not getting a starter territory...

I'm not sure on my maths tho - as it's the end of a long day!!!

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 pm

i think it should be that the start territories should be the only ones that are not neutral


kinda like Age of Might and such
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Version 6 Update.

This should stop anyone doing like Coleman state and speeding through the town to the airport....unless they are already there!

Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:35 pm

so can people start at the light blue territories??
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Cairns - I assume the Cable cars are one way only?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:36 pm

yeti_c wrote:Cairns - I assume the Cable cars are one way only?
i assume they are, but yea cairns are they?
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:39 pm

bryguy wrote:so can people start at the light blue territories??


yes
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:40 pm

yeti_c wrote:Cairns - I assume the Cable cars are one way only?

C.


yes...there is a one-way arrow holding those cars...but i will clarify that in the legend....next version.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:45 pm

bryguy wrote:i think it should be that the start territories should be the only ones that are not neutral


kinda like Age of Might and such


That is still up for consideration bryguy.
If Yeti_c's calculations are correct as above, then I might have to do that. :wink:
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:47 pm

cairnswk wrote:
bryguy wrote:i think it should be that the start territories should be the only ones that are not neutral


kinda like Age of Might and such


That is still up for consideration bryguy.
If Yeti_c's calculations are correct as above, then I might have to do that. :wink:


Sorry!!

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm

yeti_c wrote:
cairnswrk wrote:Everyone gets a chance to start at the starting position.


Hi Cairns...

In your first post you state this...

The problem is - I don't think it's true...

There are 24 territories at the start...

In a 6 player game you have 4 territories to start with...

8 of the starting territories are the Starters...

So the drop could well exclude anyone from having one of these starter territories...

I think you have a 25% chance of not getting a starter territory...

I'm not sure on my maths tho - as it's the end of a long day!!!

C.


Sound logical to me.

Perhaps we need lackattack to hurry up with that modification on starting positions for the xml....a PM coming up i think.
As i stated before....if we can stipulate through xml that a tert starts neutral, then it should be easy to stipulate that a tert starts Player 1 etc.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 pm

cairnswk wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
cairnswrk wrote:Everyone gets a chance to start at the starting position.


Hi Cairns...

In your first post you state this...

The problem is - I don't think it's true...

There are 24 territories at the start...

In a 6 player game you have 4 territories to start with...

8 of the starting territories are the Starters...

So the drop could well exclude anyone from having one of these starter territories...

I think you have a 25% chance of not getting a starter territory...

I'm not sure on my maths tho - as it's the end of a long day!!!

C.


Sound logical to me.

Perhaps we need lackattack to hurry up with that modification on starting positions for the xml....a PM coming up i think.
As i stated before....if we can stipulate through xml that a tert starts neutral, then it should be easy to stipulate that a tert starts Player 1 etc.


Aye that would sort it out - Once that was done then it wouldn't be a problem for the rest of the map...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Login