Conquer Club

Double Turns and Freestyle Turn Holding

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby Joe McCarthy on Thu May 25, 2006 12:04 am

Thats because a legit player could have a good reason for playing any of those rules for the cards. No legit player would want to set up the game in such a way that he could have back-to-back turns. Christ, do you not see the difference between card values and trying to set the timing of the turns in such a way that you can maybe get two turns at once? And how is that "funny"? Oh wait, you're just stupid. Sorry for the bother, carry on.

Anywho, people that like freestyle w/double turns allowed are jerkoffs. i want that to be very clear.
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy

Suggestion for the FS no double turn format

Postby maniacmath17 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:02 pm

I'm talking about when a player acts last in a round, spreads his/her armies thin (usually grabbing a continent), and then get the reinforcements by starting his/her turn as soon as the first person in the new turn starts theirs.

I know that this is a rare occurance, but whats wrong with it being a non occurance? And don't tell me to play sequential, because that takes too long, lol.

The suggestion is a very simple one. In freestyle games without double turns, don't allow the last acting player in the previous round to start his/her turn until someone has finished a turn in the new round.

Just something to consider.

and I just realized there is a section for suggestions, so sorry bout the wrong placement :oops:
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby minihaymanz on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:10 am

seems like a good idea...but its freestyle soooo
Captain minihaymanz

Postby zip_disk on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:20 am

Then to pick on someone, all everyone else has to do during a realtime game is not to end their turn until everyone has a chance to attack. Thus a player could be the last person to go always.
Captain zip_disk

Time limit on Freestyle (No double turns)

Postby zip_disk on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:01 am

Problem: Currently if a player is the last one to do their moves in a turn, they can't move again until someone else does. The thing is that if the opponents don't do their turn in a reasonable amount of time (greater than 15 hours) or at all, it can make the "last move" player/team likely to miss their turn through no fault of their own (whether they wanted to or not). Then they might miss a card or lets the other team do a double turn. I missed a turn recently because of this.

Solution?:
1. Perhaps a time limit past which the "last moved" team can move anyway.
2. An unwieldy alternative but perhaps a 12 hour time extension for the "last moved" team to go if the other players take too long. During this extension the other team/player will not be allowed to move if they missed their turn (since they had a full 24 hour window already).
Captain zip_disk

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:55 am

If you don't like don't play that game type!!!
Captain spiesr

Postby garionoldwolf on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:20 am

I think something similar ot this would help, seeing as we no longer have double turns allowed. Because if it's say a 3 person game, and if the other 2 players don't take their turn til about 4 hours to go, you may not get on in time to take your turn and then you miss your turn because you weren't on for 4 hours.
check out xigames' forum
http://xigames.net/forum
Cook garionoldwolf

Fake Double Turns...

Postby Sir Gordalot on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:05 pm

This occurance is rare but I think it would be a quick fix... it usually only happens in freestyle team games... If one person misses a turn, at the start of the next round any one is allowed to play... This leaves the possiblitity of someone taking a double turn... I think the team of the person who took the last turn should not be able to take a turn untill the other team takes a turn
-----------------------------------------------------
None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.
Corporal 1st Class Sir Gordalot

Postby zip_disk on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:31 pm

Technically the person who missed their turn is the last player to "do" their turn (Their action was to do nothing at all). So its not really a double turn. If the player who had missed their turn had showed up and done it, then the previous player would have been able to do their turn anyway.
Captain zip_disk

Postby PaperPlunger on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:57 pm

zip_disk wrote:Technically the person who missed their turn is the last player to "do" their turn (Their action was to do nothing at all). So its not really a double turn. If the player who had missed their turn had showed up and done it, then the previous player would have been able to do their turn anyway.

OR they could have just played out their turn, and not ended it so they could get a double, they wouldn't get a card but they'd be able to go again
Private PaperPlunger

Re: Fake Double Turns...

Postby alster on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:45 pm

Sir Gordalot wrote:This occurance is rare but I think it would be a quick fix... it usually only happens in freestyle team games... If one person misses a turn, at the start of the next round any one is allowed to play... This leaves the possiblitity of someone taking a double turn... I think the team of the person who took the last turn should not be able to take a turn untill the other team takes a turn

As was noted in the post below, the actual turn consists of taking no action whatsoever.

However, you use the term "fake double turns" somewhat wide here.

The problem or loophole (which wasn't fixed in the latest upgrade of the game engine) is that in a four player doubles or in any game where only two people or team remains - the player/team that is to start the round can simply wait 23 hours and 58 minutes before making their moves. By doing this, the other player/team merely have a minute or two to make their moves before the 24 hour period is up and the next round kicks in (registering that the other player/team took no action at all) allowing the player/team who last moved to move again.

This is can be a very effective strategy and used correctly you decide the game by doing this. (One can note that it also cannot be considered cheating since it doesn't violate rule 1 or 2 and the game engine allows for it.)

However, used like this the game turns into the old "double turns allowed" setting. This setting is gone on paper, but the double turn can be practiced in this way.

Of course, there are always people who will jump in and say, "hey if you don't want it, play sequential games." That is, of course, a correct observation. And everyone who joins a freestyle game is aware that this event/move can take place. Still, it does violate the spirit of the original game settings. Basically, if I wanted to play a game where double turns were allowed, I would have started or joined such a game when that option was available up until a few days ago.

A way to prevent this occurrence can be to for each new round - the 24 hour round period begins. Then, when the first player/team makes the first move in that round, the round period is reset to 0, i.e. from here you have another 24 hours to finish the round.

These "fake double rounds" may not always be the result of a deliberate move. With people scattered around the world, a player/team simply may not have gotten around to log in to CC until 18-22 hours have already passed for a round. Most people seem (including myself) to have certain times of the day when they check in. With a mismatch between the players, a round can easily slip away from one player/team due to this. Thus, the suggestion made in the paragraph above would also solve the issue/problem with people from different parts of the world playing in the same game since it would create a level playing field for all players.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

No Overlapping Freestyle Turns

Postby evster on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:52 pm

One of the pending items for consideration in Lack's list is the removal of simultaneous turns in freestyle games.

I rather enjoy the rush of trying to be quicker, or anticipate my opponents turn and would like to keep this feature.

What do you think?

Evster
Corporal 1st Class evster

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:53 pm

lackattack wrote:I would consider making it an option to have the game locked when you take a freestyle move. Call it semi-freestyle or something like that. However it appears to be such a low priority I'll file this under pending.

I think he was considering it as an option, not as a replacement of the current freestyle setup.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby lackattack on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 pm

yeah, what he said :wink:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:14 pm

just seems like a trivial thing to care aboutl... the only tiem ive ever taken turns the same time as someone else was a freestyule realtime and when it was on purpose because I was thier partner and we were coordinating turns.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby sully800 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:26 pm

The more I think about it the more I like this idea as an option. There would be a big difference between the two types of freestyle and I (and others I'm sure) would like to be able to play both ways.
Major sully800

Postby wcaclimbing on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:19 pm

like ive said in this forum over and over again:

if you dont like it dont play it!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby mjtrish on Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:42 pm

it is def not trivial if you are about to take out someone with cards and they pop in and you are attacking against 40 armies instead of 3... or if someone else logs in and steals your kill. I think the option to play with or without simultaneous turns is a good idea.
Captain mjtrish

Take back freestyle double turns

Postby hendy on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:28 am

I miss em' so much :cry:
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby nyg5680 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:30 am

i would hafta agree with hendy its surprisignly a good idea because if people dont anna play those kind of games they just dont join them
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:52 pm

I disagree, not a lot of people play double turns so it doesnt make sense to keep it as an option.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby thejackofhearts on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:00 pm

I think it's a great idea, even if frustrating at times. sometimes that changes the course of the game. It's a twist that you have to factor into your strategy.
Cook thejackofhearts

Postby nyg5680 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:12 pm

AK_iceman wrote:I disagree, not a lot of people play double turns so it doesnt make sense to keep it as an option.
but what about the people that did like playing on it
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby Haydena on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:19 pm

They should get used to playing it in a proper way, what tactics did it ever add to the game? The only people who ever benefitted were holders and people who sat at the PC all day!
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby x on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:36 pm

What about an asynchronous play where the first player to take a turn locks the game for that turn. Some of the benefits of freestyle without some of the drawbacks.
Private 1st Class x

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions