The New World [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:47 am

Lone.prophet wrote:The dutch landed in new york and no where else i think

your right there
Corporal bryguy

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:58 am

Everyone please listen.

"Please note the following map is not a recreate of genuine history. It is merly based off of historical events which have been tweeked and changed for the purpose of gameplay and balancing"
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:20 am

Right, in our reality the Dutch don't like the French or the British at all and went to South America instead just so they wouldn't have to smell them. :lol:

Also that history buff saying 6 starting areas... We want relatively balanced 8 player games out of this, with 9 starting areas just so they aren't all the same.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:53 am

gimil wrote:Everyone please listen.

"Please note the following map is not a recreate of genuine history. It is merly based off of historical events which have been tweeked and changed for the purpose of gameplay and balancing"

i know i read that part
Corporal bryguy

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:54 am

Coleman wrote:Right, in our reality the Dutch don't like the French or the British at all and went to South America instead just so they wouldn't have to smell them. :lol:

and then the french colonies had a revolutionary war and kicked the british out and made themselves into The United States of Canada

edit: and then the iriquois found a cure for cancer :lol:
Corporal bryguy

Postby Chirondom on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:58 am

There shouldn't be an apostrophe in homelands.
Corporal 1st Class Chirondom

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 am

gimil wrote:"Please note the following map is not a recreate of genuine history. It is merly based off of historical events which have been tweeked and changed for the purpose of gameplay and balancing"
Last edited by bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal bryguy

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 am

bryguy wrote:edit: and then the iriquois found a cure for cancer :lol:
Right and they did it to trick the other tribes into joining their 'republic' and send them to 'cure' camps where they were gassed to death so that the Iroquois could take the entire west part of the continent.
Sergeant Coleman

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 am

Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:edit: and then the iriquois found a cure for cancer :lol:
Right and they did it to trick the other tribes into joining their 'republic' and send them to 'cure' camps where they were gassed to death so that the Iroquois could take the entire west part of the continent.

yep, and then hitler was born and came in and saved the day, and everybody thanked him and then he got shot while out hunting with The United States of Canada vice president Cheney
Corporal bryguy

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:04 am

Less of the thread jacking . . .

I actually thought there would be something of an update needed from this . . .

i thought wrong . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:06 am

I didn't think it was thread jacking, I am just demonstrating that this isn't our reality. I'm assuming superposition is true and this is an alternate universe to allow for our inconsistencies in quantum theory.

Anyway, there will be extensive gameplay testing but I'm sure it will be hard to comment on gameplay right now since we haven't shown you starting neutrals yet.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:09 am

Coleman wrote:I didn't think it was thread jacking

But i like thread jacking :(

Coleman, the guy who wont let me jack this thread wrote: I am just demonstrating that this isn't our reality. I'm assuming superposition is true and this is an alternate universe to allow for our inconsistencies in quantum theory.

I assume that all the time
Corporal bryguy

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:23 am

We're (well okay I'm, I think gimil's decide on his own what starting neutrals ought to be) open to people suggesting starting neutral values.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:33 am

100 each!!
Corporal bryguy

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 am

bryguy wrote:100 each!!
Okay... We're open to people suggesting useful starting neutral values.

Our current thought process is 2's inside natives, with 5 on borders. Europe not fully decided yet. Probably 4 on landing zone, maybe more maybe less.
Sergeant Coleman

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas