MARCH 2... HERE ARE OUR TWO DIVISIONS FOR ROUND 1...
WHEN PLAYING 1 vs. 1...
On many maps - specifically the larger ones - the match winner is often decided simply by being the player lucky enough to start the game first.
In these games, the player who starts second is many times at a troop disadvantage and playing defence trying to mop up the mess made by his or her opponent. (thus: "Sloppy 2nds")
Sometimes the tables end up turning.
Most of the time, they do not.
This tournament attempts to balance the scales by giving weight to wins by players who get the second turn in their respective games.
WINS ARE WORTH 1 POINT if the game winner had the first turn at the beginning of the game.
WINS ARE WORTH 3 POINTS if the game winner had the second turn at the beginning of the game.
This tournament will take place on the NYC - New York City map.
All games will have these settings…
- 16 players are needed and will be randomly split into 2 divisions of 8
- Each division will play round-robin against the 7 other players. (seven round 1 games in total)
- Games will be sent out 2 or 3 at a time every week.
- Based on the scoring system noted herein, the top two in each division plus one wild-card qualifier (the 3rd place player w/ the most points) will advance to the second and final round.
- The 5 remaining players will play a double round-robin (eight Round 2 games in total)
- Points from the first round will NOT carry over.
The tournament winner will be be the player with the most points at the end of the second round.
As noted above...
game winners will receive one point/win when they play first.
game winners will receive three points/win when they are second to play.
End-of-round tie-breakers will look at the points earned in head-to-head matchups between the tied players.
To sign up – please post in this thread.
I will need 16 players plus a couple of reserves.
Enter games within 24 hours of notification or risk being bumped.
Deadbeats will be disqualified.
All CC rules apply.
If there is anything unclear here – please pm me.
Any problems during the tourney, please pm me. All decisions are final.
Thanks so much for your interest.
Last edited by aligator_al
on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:34 am, edited 9 times in total.