luck

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Luck is an major factor in CC games!

Poll ended at Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:30 am

Agree; more as 2/3
20%
Well at least 50 %
32%
Strategy and experience dominate my game play mostley
48%

Total votes : 81

luck

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:30 am

This would be a great topic sindse how often i hear players talk abbout luck not seing huge possibility's.
Luck is like: not understanding why somthing sometime happen.

More polls will come as discussions devlope.
Last edited by Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
The various religions are like different roads converging on the same point. What difference does it make if we follow different routes, provided we arrive at the same destination.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Greetings from the Stargazer.
Private 1st Class Stargazer

Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby w3a2 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:49 am

i only lose because of bad luck. when i win it's because of superb strategy on my part.
Private 1st Class w3a2

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)

bad luck

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:49 am

Luck is like :
manny choice's resulting to manny various outcome's, when you missing why the outcome is in your disadvantidge, they called it bad luck!

But as some agree, luck can be manupulated, one off those manipulating moments will be reflected in this feedback:
Feedback:"Positive I had complete control of the game, and he stopped me from having an extra 8 men, with his armies that out numbered me by 2 or 3 guys. Went against the odds to stop me from winning...ended up winning too.
89086 rom_tobins ( 7-0 )
2006-10-20 06:04:05 "
And just a moment ago ('06-1020' 18:00 GMT) it happend aigan i lost 5-6 agains 12 arms in a attack :?: And i also had bad luck by RISKing and getting two time ran out's , two sequencial turns in a row, i'm still confused abbout wath happend to me :!:
So I believe i had luck by being able to mannupilate mine share :wink:
8)
Last edited by Stargazer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:08 am

w3a2 wrote:i only lose because of bad luck. when i win it's because of superb strategy on my part.

Luck is like: not understanding why somthing sometime happen
Last edited by Stargazer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: luck

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:35 am

Please tell us abbout your vote and why.

But also come with intresting new discussion and queations if you want!

React on statements and defent your statements.

Here there is a space where you can talk serious stuff

Enjoy
Last edited by Stargazer on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
The various religions are like different roads converging on the same point. What difference does it make if we follow different routes, provided we arrive at the same destination.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Greetings from the Stargazer.

Postby Rednaxela on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am

getting into a winning position is usually from good play and sometimes luck may play a part though
Live By the Sword Image Die By the Sword
Private Rednaxela

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:32 am

Strategy is the most important factor by a big margin, by a solid strategy I'd gotten into a nice position where I was the strongest player by units and could break one of my main opponents continents. That would have happened no matter what and my overall position would have been slightly improved.

Due to good luck with the dices I ended up breaking both of his continents and pushing him down to only 11 countries.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby Scorba on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 am

The combination of deployment, dice, cards and the actions of other players mean that luck is the overwhelming factor in any individual game. Over numerous games, however, skill tells.
Last edited by Scorba on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Master Bush on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 am

Are you using your yahoo avatar as your cc avatar?
PUCK YOU MODS!
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of phyiscal and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant 1st Class Master Bush

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby imhot4jesus on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:15 am

Literacy never hurt anybody.
Private imhot4jesus

Postby arizona on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:21 am

obviously the luck averages out over many games. So while an individual game might depend on luck, your overall progress up the charts depends on strategy.

Within a game, though, I find that bad dice in the first few turns can break you for the rest of most games.
Lieutenant arizona

Postby kc-jake on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:19 am

arizona wrote:Within a game, though, I find that bad dice in the first few turns can break you for the rest of most games.

Truth. Especially in No Cards.
I was a major back when 1600 was major. Now that I'm back, I get to easily win a bunch of games to get my rank. Thank the 'tards here who suck at this game.
imhot4jesus wrote:Literacy never hurt anybody.

Highest Rank: #154 (Oct 05 '06)
Highest Score: 1725 (Jul 18 '08)
Sergeant 1st Class kc-jake

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby martijn on Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Well I think luck is a factor. Though I try to manipulate the gameplay as much as I can. You need a bit luck but a good tactic or strategy is the only way to win! :twisted:
Captain martijn

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:59 pm

w3a2 wrote:i only lose because of bad luck. when i win it's because of superb strategy on my part.

I think a large number of people feel this way...I know I sure do sometimes. ;)

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby viking thunder on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Luck, by and large, controls the output of any game. It all averages out over time, and skill and strategy show in your long term results.

Luck also works different ways for different people.

For good players with real strategies, it is bad luck which causes them to lose more than any, because they have a plan and strategy, and good luck may benefit them a little, but their strategy would have given them a win anyways.

For poorer players, with less skill. luck often helps push them to victory. As without it they do not have alot of a chance going up against someone better skilled at strategy and gameplay.

All in all, I believe luck plays a part in every game, more so in some than others. but the definition of strategy in this game would be your ability to plan around, and cope with, whatever kind of luck you have, so in the long run it is always strategy and skills that win a game,

No matter how bad your luck went, there was always someone somewhere who could have gotten the win in your situation.
Sergeant 1st Class viking thunder

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Next

Return to General Discussion