Conquer Club

Team Round Limits Fixed!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Team Round Limits Fixed!

Postby HOWITZERHAL on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 am

Good memory.....I had to actually look it up...lol....of course with this team it is 2 to 1 your favor......the others I will take the solo heat for the team loss.....since you are taking the solo credit for the other team wins...
No offense taken my friend....

Anytime you would like to test your metal...1 v 1...Let me know

Adieu
Sheep Love Shiny Beads and Shallow Flattery
Lieutenant HOWITZERHAL

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 am

HOWITZERHAL wrote:Good memory.....I had to actually look it up...lol....of course with this team it is 2 to 1 your favor......the others I will take the solo heat for the team loss.....since you are taking the solo credit for the other team wins...
No offense taken my friend....

Anytime you would like to test your metal...1 v 1...Let me know

Adieu

not memory, I just clicked on games together on your profile; and since it's with different teams for both of us I had to speak of us as individuals. but I m ok if you want to send me an invite teaming with you in trips/quads or vs you in a terminator or assassin game. ;)
Major betiko

Postby JCR on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 pm

So the apology is great, and accepted. Everyone makes mistakes.
The question still stands though. What will be done about the people/teams that got raked over on this?
Gunn and I clearly won based on the rules of the site at the time the game ended.
Major JCR

Postby jonofperu on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Just a guess, but if it's a matter of a few games I don't think there is anything they could do to make up for unfair losses. (Not sure they could do anything if it was thousands of games either.)
If it's a tournament, you could petition for a replay or whatever because it's part of a system under the control of the tournament organizer.
Again, I'm not sure, but I really doubt they could give you back points you lost or something like that.
Major jonofperu

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Unfortunately, Jono is right:

jonofperu wrote:Just a guess, but if it's a matter of a few games I don't think there is anything they could do to make up for unfair losses. (Not sure they could do anything if it was thousands of games either.)
If it's a tournament, you could petition for a replay or whatever because it's part of a system under the control of the tournament organizer.
Again, I'm not sure, but I really doubt they could give you back points you lost or something like that.

There's no way to really equate how much was affected (some people were affected differently on varying levels), and what a fitting reparation would be. And if there were, well, the games affected by this were mostly minorly affected (a couple point swings here or there). Unfortunate, yes, but I think we'll all recover just fine.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby CAPK81 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 am

I have been real quite on this but i do want to say something. The old way was just wrong end of story it was a mistake clearly and yeah i understand that if you knew about the mistake you could take advantage of it and win but really by doing so you should understand the risk that someone would fix it. Is it wrong about the original rule yup is it wrong to fix it?
Major CAPK81

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:57 pm

CAPK81 wrote:I have been real quite on this but i do want to say something. The old way was just wrong end of story it was a mistake clearly and yeah i understand that if you knew about the mistake you could take advantage of it and win but really by doing so you should understand the risk that someone would fix it. Is it wrong about the original rule yup is it wrong to fix it?

Nope, you don't get my point. The old rule was wrong, and a majority wanted to get it fixed, me included but was the one in place. When you start a game with determined settings/map, you have an initial idea of the general strategy you will use. The old rule was made on purpose for a different strategy. I have been screwed for not knowing it in the past so I learned, but then we all start with the same rules and we are free to use the strategy we want with those rules, too bad for the one who didn't take time to read them. Changing the rules in the middle of the game is not something anyone would expect, don't be silly, this is a very lame justification.
Major betiko

Postby WPBRJ on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Betiko I have no problems with you or your clan well I guess we have had a few battles if memory serves me right but it is what it is you’re a good player I respect that. You are right the rule was bad to begin with and yes it sucked the way they changed and how it affected old games. The big picture I am happy they changed it and really don’t care if affected any of my games. Change and improvements some time are not fair and I am ok with it if it betters the game and playing field.

now I don’t think you have too much to complain about in this particular game due to one of my team mates reading the forum at the right time and letting his team mates know they don’t have to fort the last round. We had the men ether way forting or just over all men so to cry foul on this game is kind of a moot point.

Our strata gee was sound and for the assclown that called us Muppet’s if your team, or should I say if you (the cheater) and when you (the cheater) were taking your team mates turns for them caught it, it would have been brilliant on your part I am sure. You (the cheater) would have been in here fighting tooth and nail saying how fair it was that the great one read it and the other team should stay attuned to the rule changes bla bla bla. I think you’re better off sticking to manipulating the rules to your advantage instead of trying to make some one look bad.
Last edited by WPBRJ on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Yeah yeah, let's keep it civil, gentlemen :)

BMO

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 am

2013-01-07 02:31:30 - Round limit reached, InnyaFacce has the most troops
2013-01-07 02:31:30 - InnyaFacce, L M S, Namliam, Pedronicus won the game

I though they changed it to team totals?
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Gillipig on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 am

Pedronicus wrote:2013-01-07 02:31:30 - Round limit reached, InnyaFacce has the most troops
2013-01-07 02:31:30 - InnyaFacce, L M S, Namliam, Pedronicus won the game

I though they changed it to team totals?

I though they did two.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dako on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 am

They forgot to change the wording.
Colonel Dako

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Dako wrote:They forgot to change the wording.

Programmer's on it.

BMO

Postby General Roy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:33 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:

Programmer's on it.

BMO

Does this mean that it's the team total that decides which team is the winner now, rather than which individual player is the winner? If so, I think it's a good correction.

Roy
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 pm

General Roy wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:

Programmer's on it.

BMO

Does this mean that it's the team total that decides which team is the winner now, rather than which individual player is the winner? If so, I think it's a good correction.

Roy

This is correct. Also, the wording has been fixed.

BMO

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives