The Media Team
is seeking an exceptional volunteer for the position ofFacebook Co-ordinator.
This is an important position, managing CC's presence on Facebook and to a lesser degree on Twitter. I'm sure you have seen that we are going through a lot of positive changes in the core game and on our website. Our social media presence needs to be much improved also. As Facebook Co-ordinator, you will take a leading role in these changes.
Let me be very honest. At present, Facebook and Twitter are managed by myself and a mixed crew of various Team CC volunteers and admins. All of us have primary interests elsewhere on CC and see Facebook as something that needs to be done but brings us no pleasure. What we very desperately need is someone who genuinely likes Facebook, who will spend a substantial amount of time there and take pride in the development of CC's image. The normal Team CC requirement is that a volunteer should spend at least 1 to 2 hours a week in their area, but really what we need here is someone who will do more than that -- check the Facebook page daily or almost daily, respond to people who leave us messages, and have a vision in their mind of how our profile can be improved.
We are also reviving the Social Media Assistants group, and you will be the leader of this group and guide their activities.
- You must love Conquer Club and be interested in seeing it grow.
- You must genuinely enjoy posting on Facebook and interacting with others.
- You must have the qualities of a moderator -- to be friendly, outgoing, informative, and fair.
- You must have some kind of vision, or at least be capable of helping form a vision, of how our public profile should evolve and develop.
- You must believe in attention to detail, and have respect for spelling, grammar, and professionalism in communicating.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send a letter to Dukasaur
, affirming that you meet the requirements listed above, and discussing why you think you should be our Facebook Co-ordinator.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.