Finally Some News

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby tdans on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 pm

How many speed games can freemiums play?
Major tdans
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:49 am
Location: TX
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 pm

tdans wrote:How many speed games can freemiums play?


4 per month.

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby MegaProphet on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
tdans wrote:How many speed games can freemiums play?


4 per month.

BMO

Will freemiums be able to play speed games on all maps? Or just on the classic map like in he suggestion?
User avatar
Corporal MegaProphet
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Just Classic! There has been a bug reported where there was no settings limits on the speed games that are joined (compared to one that are created).

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 am

do we have 12 player games yet?
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 am

Army of GOD wrote:do we have 12 player games yet?


do you still even play games on this site to care about it?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:02 am

The suggestion to block ads for New Recruits and to raise their cap to 10 based off of this thread have not only been approved, but are being fast-tracked ;). Good ideas guys, thanks!

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby IditarodGuy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am

Butters1919 wrote:
bedub1 wrote:That's a great point. Until you play/finish your 4 or 10 games or something I think the site should remain add-free.


I quite agree. A smart move I'm sure. Make the site most inviting to NR's. Although there should be a warning stating that once you've left your NR status, there will be (hopefully) non-invasive advertising for those that maintain a free membership.


I semi-agree with these ideas, after 10 games, you are just getting comfortable with CC, and if a warning is mentioned about ads, but not shown, it may cause people to leave because they don't want ads, and they don't know how bad they will really be. Maybe for NRs there should be a advertisement for CC in that spot until they have finished the games, then it is not as much of a stun to place the ads on. Just brainstorming...

Also I don't like the colors on the new medals, try like red and black, orange and black or purple and green.

Over and out... IditarodGuy

P.S. When I first joined, you guys were an answer to prayers, with RISK being my all time favorite game, but no one to play with, this was a perfect solution, I had spent hours of my time searching for an online RISK game but to no avail. Thanks CC.
User avatar
Lieutenant IditarodGuy
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 am
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby benga on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36 am

Is it possible to announce all new editions before making the updates?

First you changed team round limit, now you have changed invite system.

Can we PLEASE get some heads-up?
mislick!
User avatar
Major benga
 
Posts: 4404
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:51 am

benga wrote:Is it possible to announce all new editions before making the updates?

First you changed team round limit, now you have changed invite system.

Can we PLEASE get some heads-up?


The invite system has not changed. If you're referring to the error with inviting to tournament games and not seeing them when they're filled , that is being worked on asap.

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:The suggestion to block ads for New Recruits and to raise their cap to 10 based off of this thread have not only been approved, but are being fast-tracked ;). Good ideas guys, thanks!

BMO

Awesome! I think the administrators listening and interacting with the community is really going to do wonders for the site and bring in new members
User avatar
Corporal MegaProphet
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm

betiko wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:do we have 12 player games yet?


do you still even play games on this site to care about it?

He still plays them, he just don't win any :lol:
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:07 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
benga wrote:Is it possible to announce all new editions before making the updates?

First you changed team round limit, now you have changed invite system.

Can we PLEASE get some heads-up?


The invite system has not changed. If you're referring to the error with inviting to tournament games and not seeing them when they're filled , that is being worked on asap.

BMO

why would you change it, it worked fine.

how am i supposed to search on freemiums to see if they have any spare slots if i can't see games they have joined but are fully invited.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:13 pm

greenoaks wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:
benga wrote:Is it possible to announce all new editions before making the updates?

First you changed team round limit, now you have changed invite system.

Can we PLEASE get some heads-up?


The invite system has not changed. If you're referring to the error with inviting to tournament games and not seeing them when they're filled , that is being worked on asap.

BMO

why would you change it, it worked fine.

how am i supposed to search on freemiums to see if they have any spare slots if i can't see games they have joined but are fully invited.


This will be an optional feature once it's updated.

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

IditarodGuy wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
bedub1 wrote:That's a great point. Until you play/finish your 4 or 10 games or something I think the site should remain add-free.


I quite agree. A smart move I'm sure. Make the site most inviting to NR's. Although there should be a warning stating that once you've left your NR status, there will be (hopefully) non-invasive advertising for those that maintain a free membership.


I semi-agree with these ideas, after 10 games, you are just getting comfortable with CC, and if a warning is mentioned about ads, but not shown, it may cause people to leave because they don't want ads, and they don't know how bad they will really be. Maybe for NRs there should be a advertisement for CC in that spot until they have finished the games, then it is not as much of a stun to place the ads on. Just brainstorming...

Also I don't like the colors on the new medals, try like red and black, orange and black or purple and green.

Over and out... IditarodGuy

P.S. When I first joined, you guys were an answer to prayers, with RISK being my all time favorite game, but no one to play with, this was a perfect solution, I had spent hours of my time searching for an online RISK game but to no avail. Thanks CC.


:sick: those colours would totally represent the colour of a diamond... :sick:

I personally think the small problem with those colours is that they remind me a bit of the silver/bronze ones...
bronze contain green silver and white; silver contain blue silver and white; gold contain yellow red green and white. these new ones have silver white and teal. but bah, don't think it's worth changing them they look diamondish enough to me!
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login