"Rematch" Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: "Rematch" Button

Postby on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:As has already been mentioned, this needs to be altered so that players are the same colour. I was part of team 2 in a triples and team 1 asked for a rematch so I clicked the button. It swapped me (pink) and red so the teams were mixed up. Completely pointless really, I'll just go re-make the game and send the invites manually, which isn't a problem, but defeats the purpose of having a rematch button.

hopefully the programmers can work this out
Captain

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 pm

∞ wrote:Can we get Battle Royal games on other maps besides Colosseum?

If I understand correctly, dolomite is currently working on it. Hopefully witthin 2-3 months we'll have another Battle Royale specific map that will handle up to 26 players.
Lieutenant -=- Tanarri -=-

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
∞ wrote:Can we get Battle Royal games on other maps besides Colosseum?

If I understand correctly, dolomite is currently working on it. Hopefully witthin 2-3 months we'll have another Battle Royale specific map that will handle up to 26 players.

And it will be to where you are not eliminated on round 1! :D
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
Major Jdsizzleslice

Medals: 78
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:As has already been mentioned, this needs to be altered so that players are the same colour. I was part of team 2 in a triples and team 1 asked for a rematch so I clicked the button. It swapped me (pink) and red so the teams were mixed up. Completely pointless really, I'll just go re-make the game and send the invites manually, which isn't a problem, but defeats the purpose of having a rematch button.

Just so this doesn't get lost amid the other discussion going on here. I'll e-mail this to admin as well. Nice catch.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Fugitive_Bill on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Just out of interest (I guess I should research it however...) why are we only allowed to play 1 game of 'Battle Royale' per month anyway?
B!LL!
Private Fugitive_Bill

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby nietzsche on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
But as agentcom has said,

agentcom wrote:Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

Decent programmers have to think of everything, and the mistake was lame, was one that any programmer must foresee. Murphy's law.

And when you test something, you don't only use it the way it's supposed to be used, you use it anyway you can, you try to break it, bend it anything.

So if agentcom is the authority in this matters, I will have to laugh a little bit more.. cause that's lame.

I gotta be honest though, it's possible the "beta testing" by the mods can be used by the programmer as way to avoid responsibility. If the programmer is said by El_Jefe: "ok, do your job, don't worry for testing I will provide lemmings to do it", then he could easily say "hey, they said it was going to be tested. testing is not my job". Still, the mistake was lame and it's one that shouldn't occur if you do simple validations.

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:43 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
But as agentcom has said,

agentcom wrote:Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

Decent programmers have to think of everything, and the mistake was lame, was one that any programmer must foresee. Murphy's law.

And when you test something, you don't only use it the way it's supposed to be used, you use it anyway you can, you try to break it, bend it anything.

So if agentcom is the authority in this matters, I will have to laugh a little bit more.. cause that's lame.

I gotta be honest though, it's possible the "beta testing" by the mods can be used by the programmer as way to avoid responsibility. If the programmer is said by El_Jefe: "ok, do your job, don't worry for testing I will provide lemmings to do it", then he could easily say "hey, they said it was going to be tested. testing is not my job". Still, the mistake was lame and it's one that shouldn't occur if you do simple validations.

The Beta Testers had no knowledge of the update though. Honestly I thought we were still in the workings of it... But everything is good now. I believe after this incident we will be more careful when new things come out.
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
Major Jdsizzleslice

Medals: 78
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:03 pm

"Beta Testers" is still, well, in Beta! We're getting more testers and some updates were in development before the group came to be. No one's saying that this update didn't have it's flaws, but it's all fixed now and that's what's important.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby nietzsche on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:37 pm

What is important is that everyone pays attention to me.

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby BoganGod on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:56 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:"Beta Testers" is still, well, in Beta! We're getting more testers and some updates were in development before the group came to be. No one's saying that this update didn't have it's flaws, but it's all fixed now and that's what's important.

BMO

Yes and no. What is important is that a) this type of balls up doesn't happen again. b) mods/admin pull their heads in with their fascist threats. Don't threaten users because you made a mistake. Super lame, super puerile, fraudulent way to treat paying customers
IF YOU DON'T LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, WE THE USERS ARE DOOMED TO DEAL WITH REPEATS OF THE SAME.
Major BoganGod

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13)
Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm

As iterated, no one was threatened, but merely asked not to participate in the bugs!

BMO
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby BoganGod on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:28 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:As iterated, no one was threatened, but merely asked not to participate in the bugs!

BMO

As clearly noted, and quoted in other parts of this thread.There were threats made. There should have been no bugs....... Rather than attempting to whitewash and rewrite history, wouldn't it be super to put your hand up. Say "hey mistakes have been made, we acknowledge our poor handling of some aspects of this roll out. Please accept our apologies, and lets move forward."

If you can't admit that you made a mistake, then you can't learn. :roll:

Please tell me if anything about my post is difficult to understand. English is not my first language, maybe it is not your first language either rd.
Major BoganGod

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13)
Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:38 am

Fugitive_Bill wrote:Just out of interest (I guess I should research it however...) why are we only allowed to play 1 game of 'Battle Royale' per month anyway?
B!LL!

It used to be that BR's were alny part of some kind of celebration and outside those there were NO br's.
Now we still have those br's but in addition we also have the regular br's of which you can join one a month
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:37 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Fugitive_Bill wrote:Just out of interest (I guess I should research it however...) why are we only allowed to play 1 game of 'Battle Royale' per month anyway?
B!LL!

It used to be that BR's were alny part of some kind of celebration and outside those there were NO br's.
Now we still have those br's but in addition we also have the regular br's of which you can join one a month

And soon, the maps will change to not be just Colosseum! =)

BMO
Retired Administrator

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
B!LL!

And soon, the maps will change to not be just Colosseum! =)

BMO

Very much looking forward to playing dolomite's Homeworld's map :)
Lieutenant -=- Tanarri -=-

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives