Conquer Club

The Great War

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Seizure of Fallujah started today.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Mad777 wrote:Duke, I joined this one few weeks ago and just noticed a typo...the prizes should be for player 1 to 6 but the Tournament page shows 1 to 5 and 8 ;)

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tournament_id=6763

It's correct.

Dukasaur wrote:The helmets are NOT given to the last place finishers. One is given to the first-place finisher, and one or more is given to a randomly-chosen placing not in the top 5. It can be 7th, or 15th, or 21st, or anything not in the top 5.

emphasis added.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mad777 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 am

Big issue here!!!!

Last round is having 6 games at the time but the tournament has not been coded for Premium only (Seizure of Fallujah)

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=6859

5 iteration are ongoing with one having 3 Freemium (one is 1st so far in the ranking)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Mad777 wrote:Big issue here!!!!

Last round is having 6 games at the time but the tournament has not been coded for Premium only (Seizure of Fallujah)

5 iteration are ongoing with one having 3 Freemium (one is 1st so far in the ranking)

Yup. Fallujah is a freemium-exemption tournament.

Not an issue...:)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mad777 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Big issue here!!!!

Yup. Fallujah is a freemium-exemption tournament.

Not an issue...:)

I feel better now...I didnā€™t see the exemption and not seeing the Premium in the coding was concerning me.
Sorry for the false alarm :mrgreen:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Most of my GW tourney are now winding down. Some of the really old slow ones are finishing, as are many of the newer faster ones.

What should I expect from GR team moving forward?? Are there still more tourney's to come or are we just waiting for all to finish?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:55 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Most of my GW tourney are now winding down. Some of the really old slow ones are finishing, as are many of the newer faster ones.

What should I expect from GR team moving forward?? Are there still more tourney's to come or are we just waiting for all to finish?

I'm about 100 tourneys behind. Don't know if we'll extend the deadline and try to run them all or just cut it short so it finishes this year.

I just couldn't keep up with this in addition to everything else I have to do on this site.

What I'm thinking now is to finish out with a pile of really small tourneys leading up to the great anniversary of Nov. 11th. Like everything else, though, it all depends on how much CC time I come up with.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Most of my GW tourney are now winding down. Some of the really old slow ones are finishing, as are many of the newer faster ones.

I'm about 100 tourneys behind. Don't know if we'll extend the deadline and try to run them all or just cut it short so it finishes this year.

I just couldn't keep up with this in addition to everything else I have to do on this site.

What I'm thinking now is to finish out with a pile of really small tourneys leading up to the great anniversary of Nov. 11th. Like everything else, though, it all depends on how much CC time I come up with.

Thanks Duk, I appreciate the info!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:14 pm

-------DUK,
---------Could you or Teach put the list of battles still to go?...
---------AS FOR THE "DEADLINE!!!"...HOW ABOUT JUNE 28th, 2019?....You could have a BIG NOV.11th Party ...YES!!!
---------But THE GREAT WAR could be kept going....To Start to finish in REALITY....WWI started on June 28, 1914 and ended on June 28, 1919...
-----On June 28th 1919, Germany reluctantly signed the Treaty of Versailles as part of The Paris Peace Conference in The Hall of Mirrors at the Paris of Versailles-----Exactly 5 years to the day of The Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand,THE SPARK THAT HAD IGNITED THE FIRST WORLD WAR!!!!...That could give 7 and a 1/2-ish months past Nov.11th...think about it... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Last edited by ConfederateSS on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 pm

LiveLoveTeach wrote:I went ahead and updated Duk's list of which battles still need to be written up into tournaments for this series. We've had 14 tournaments launch in the 10 weeks since Duk posted this list.

Dukasaur wrote:Okay:
outstanding battles of 1916
Montenegro Jan 5th written by DK, launched Nov 5
Mojkovac Jan 6th written by DK, launched Nov 6
Koprukoy Jan 10th written by DK, launched Nov 9
Fromelles July 19th written by DK, launched Nov 8
Maghdaba, December 14th written by DK, launched Dec 16
Second Kut, Dec. 15th written by DK, launched Dec 15
Opening 1917
the small but exciting Battle of Khadairi Bend, January 9th, 1917 written by DK, launched TBA
Battle of Nahr-al-Kalek, February 26th, 1917 written by CSS, launched TBA
Fall of Baghdad, March 11th, 1917 written by CSS, launched TBA
Samarrah, March 13th written by CSS, launched TBA
Fallujah, March 19th written by CSS, launched TBA
Jebel Hamrin, March 25 written by CSS, launched TBA
First Gaza, March 26h requested by CSS
Vimy Ridge April 9th
Battle of Shiala April 11th written by CSS, launched TBA
Second Battle of the Aisne April 16th
Second Gaza April 17th requested by CSS
Istabulat April 21st written by CSS, launched TBA
Doiran April 22nd requested by CSS
Battle of the Boot April 30th written by CSS, launched TBA
10th Isonzo May 12th
Otranto Straits May 14th
Battle of Messines
Third Ypres July 31st
Passchendaele July 31st written by CSS, launched Nov 18
11th Isonzo August 19th
Ramadi 28 Sept
12th Isonzo (Caporetto) Oct 24th
Third Battle of Gaza (Beersheba)31st October
Capture of Tikrit November 5th
Battle of Mughar Ridge November 13th
Cambrai November 20th
Fall of Jerusalem Dec. 8th
Start of 1918
Raid on Zeebrugge April 23rd, 1918
Third Battle of the Aisne May 27th
Battle of Cantigny May 28
Chateau-Thierry June 3rd
Belleau Wood June th
Battle of the Piave River June 15
Le Hamel July 4th
Second Battle of the Marne July 15
Battle of Havrincourt Sep 12th
Battle of Epehy Sep 18th
Vittorio Veneto October 23
Battle of Sharqat October 29
The Armstice November 11th 1918

Now, the above is not a complete list. I've copied it mainly from firstworldwar dot com, which is a very Anglocentric site and doesn't do a very good job of covering the Russian and Balkan fronts. I'll have to go to some other sites to fill in some of the missing Russian and Balkan battles. We also have gigi_b's Romanian campaign, plus I was going to write some tourneys based on technologies (like the tank and the submarine). We also somewhere along the way missed the conclusion of the Kamerun campaing and a few other things. So, all in all, we have something between 50 and 60 tournaments to go.

------Is it this one...??????... :D ConfederateSS.out(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 am

No, that's incomplete. I'll update it when I can.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Sorry but another question... Are you guys still considering prizes from the overall score in the great war? I seem to remember at one point you were, but then at another it was like probs not.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:08 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Sorry but another question... Are you guys still considering prizes from the overall score in the great war? I seem to remember at one point you were, but then at another it was like probs not.

Yes.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Tviorr on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm

You guy(s) seem a bit swamped. Understandable with the workload youve put in and the workload still ahead.

If you are taking opinions about the best way forward all things considered, my two cents would be that Id much prefer a complete event however belated than a rushed finish excluding a number of battles and ideas youd ideally have wanted in there.

An option would be to simply push the end date a year forward and finish November 2019 instead. Im sure everyone will participate in a chemical warfare induced mass illusion that 2019 is 2018 or for that matter 1918.

After all, WW2 is about 6 years, which I assume will be your next small project ;-)

Edit: Post ww1 is an option too. - Im sure Trumph will be getting around to blaming Obama for WW1 at some point :roll:
Major Tviorr

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:50 pm

wow I just noticed someone has a blimp! I didn't realize they were in circulation... congrats djelebert
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Mad777 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:56 am

I will be helping coding auto tournament from now and on to move on and help Duke to nicely finish this huge event...will see how far we get later this year 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby djelebert on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:07 am

mookiemcgee wrote:wow I just noticed someone has a blimp! I didn't realize they were in circulation... congrats djelebert

Thanks mookie, let's see what it worths !

robellis00 got 2, with pistols too.

Mad777 wrote:I will be helping coding auto tournament from now and on to move on and help Duke to nicely finish this huge event...will see how far we get later this year 8-)

Cool! :-) Thanks Mad!
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:59 am

------Is TGW ending on Nov. 11th...a month away?...Should I just work on and ending of The War tourney(an 11 rounder,to keep with the theme :) / story to Wayward's travels?... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:---------Battle of Jebel Hamrin/ Tournament------
----------Part III: Sam. Off.-------
--------1/3................16 Player Tournament------
--------Wayward Day's Diary: March 25th,1917---

-----------Part of Gen.Maude's Samarrah Offensive is to stop Ali Ishan Bey's 15,000 Ottoman troops. From joining up with Khalil Pasha's 10,000 troops and forming a new Ottoman Army Group, to take back Mesopotamia. Gen. Maude dispatches 4 columns of British troops under the command of Maj. Gen. Keary. To hunt down Ishan's troops. Gen. Keary heads north to squeeze Ishan's troops between the British and the Russian forces in Persia. In the end, Ishan holds off a chance of Keary encircling the Turkish troops at the Battle of Jebel Hamrin. Keary also learns the Russians have quit World War I. An Ottoman Victory, Ishan's troops still run free.

Round 1)(Gen. Maude dispatches 4 columns of Infantry)
16 players start 10 move on.Maps:Alexander's Empire, King of The Mountains, Peloponnesian War:3,1-vs-1 games on each map:POLY(4),Auto,Sequential,Escalating,Chained,20 Rounds.

Round 2)(Leaders of both sides Gamble)
10 players start and 6 move on,Scores Reset:Maps:Classic Cities:Istanbul,Indian Empire,Poker Club:3,5 player games on each map.:Terminator,Auto,Sequential,Escalating,Chained,20 Rounds.

Round 3)(Gen.Keary's hope for Russian help,turns up empty)
6 players start,Scores Reset,Maps:Classic Cities:Moscow,Soviet Union:5,6 player games on each map.:Terminator,Auto,Sequential,Escalating,Chained,20 Rounds.

Should launch today.

The first Great War tournament in a long time!\

:D
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Tviorr wrote:You guy(s) seem a bit swamped. Understandable with the workload youve put in and the workload still ahead.

If you are taking opinions about the best way forward all things considered, my two cents would be that Id much prefer a complete event however belated than a rushed finish excluding a number of battles and ideas youd ideally have wanted in there.

An option would be to simply push the end date a year forward and finish November 2019 instead. Im sure everyone will participate in a chemical warfare induced mass illusion that 2019 is 2018 or for that matter 1918.

After all, WW2 is about 6 years, which I assume will be your next small project ;-)

Edit: Post ww1 is an option too. - Im sure Trumph will be getting around to blaming Obama for WW1 at some point :roll:

I tend to agree.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:16 am

Dukasaur wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:---------Battle of Jebel Hamrin/ Tournament------
----------Part III: Sam. Off.-------
--------1/3................16 Player Tournament------
--------Wayward Day's Diary: March 25th,1917---

-----------Part of Gen.Maude's Samarrah Offensive is to stop Ali Ishan Bey's 15,000 Ottoman troops. From joining up with Khalil Pasha's 10,000 troops and forming a new Ottoman Army Group, to take back Mesopotamia. Gen. Maude dispatches 4 columns of British troops under the command of Maj. Gen. Keary. To hunt down Ishan's troops. Gen. Keary heads north to squeeze Ishan's troops between the British and the Russian forces in Persia. In the end, Ishan holds off a chance of Keary encircling the Turkish troops at the Battle of Jebel Hamrin. Keary also learns the Russians have quit World War I. An Ottoman Victory, Ishan's troops still run free.

Round 1)(Gen. Maude dispatches 4 columns of Infantry)
16 players start 10 move on.Maps:Alexander's Empire, King of The Mountains, Peloponnesian War:3,1-vs-1 games on each map:POLY(4),Auto,Sequential,Escalating,Chained,20 Rounds.

Round 2)(Leaders of both sides Gamble)
10 players start and 6 move on,Scores Reset:Maps:Classic Cities:Istanbul,Indian Empire,Poker Club:3,5 player games on each map.:Terminator,Auto,Sequential,Escalating,Chained,20 Rounds.

Round 3)(Gen.Keary's hope for Russian help,turns up empty)
6 players start,Scores Reset,Maps:Classic Cities:Moscow,Soviet Union:5,6 player games on each map.:Terminator,Auto,Sequential,Escalating,Chained,20 Rounds.

Should launch today.

The first Great War tournament in a long time!\

:D

... and we are live!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Tviorr on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:15 pm

woot. Landed a spot :-) Dont know about the live part though, Im sure Ill be dead soon enough ;-) There are some hard core players in this tourney.
Major Tviorr

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Happy 100th anniversary Memorial day! I've spent way too much time over the last couple years playing in these tournaments lol
Major HotShot53

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Listen to the moment the guns fell silent.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4172377
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:48 am

We're coming up to the 80th anniversary of the start of the Second World War. Anything planned?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives