Conquer Club

Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:09 am

If you are still looking for volunteers I'd be happy to join in the discussions and give insight however I can!
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby gypsysongman on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Game chat/trying to win through truces when you are losing through strategy, should be optional.
My current plan is to never play another game on this site because truces making strategy irrelevant.
If game chat could be turned off so that losers can't form truces, I'd still want to play.
I'm one guy but I think truces are against tge spirit of the game and are used to make sure the best player doesn't win.
Sergeant 1st Class gypsysongman

Postby sm8900 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:41 pm

AlexTo wrote:As long as I can disable the formal truce option. It should be obvious to players when a truce is needed. It doesn't need putting into words or fixed via programming.

hm, is there a formal truce option? I'm not aware of that feature. could anyone provide more details on that? I am simply curious about this, thanks. :?: :-s
Private sm8900

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:50 am

No there is no formal truce option.

Game chat/trying to win through truces when you are losing through strategy, should be optional.
My current plan is to never play another game on this site because truces making strategy irrelevant.
If game chat could be turned off so that losers can't form truces, I'd still want to play.
I'm one guy but I think truces are against tge spirit of the game and are used to make sure the best player doesn't win.

Well there is a group of player that forbid each other to use truces, you may want to join them and play game with them.

This being said, TRUCES ARE THE SPIRIT OF THE GAMES ! You are the loser not the other way around. This game is interesting because of the diplomacy, otherwise it is so boring.
Your strategy is having good dice and taking big bonus fast? And you think you are the one having a good strategy around here ? LMFAO !!

For the group of people playing without truces/alliance follow this

viewtopic.php?f=444&t=202817

or send a pm to glide who is the group leader.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Teague996 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:48 am

How about points being awarded to say the top 3 players instead of all the points going to just the winner. When you have played a 6 or 8 player game for weeks or even months and to come second to be awarded nothing is a little harsh. Obviously most points for winner and gradually decreasing for second and third place.

Also when you are eliminated from the game could have a similar effect. The sooner you are eliminated the more points you lose. Therefore the person in 8th loses more points then the person in forth.

Finally not a premium player so will often have 4 games on the go at one time. It is increasing annoying when you only have say 1 or 2 territories and others have 10 times that. I often see posts saying please kill me so I can start another game. With this in mind, could a surrender button be an option? Any remaining troops left turn neutral?
Major Teague996

Postby ch0rn on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:17 am

+1 Chat before game starts, as well as being able to sort your games so that certain games are "favorites". I play plenty of public games, and a few games that I play with my friends, those games I like to monitor more closely and participate in chats even when it's not my turn. But they are hard to find in my game list. Maybe after you join the game you can mark it as a "favorite" and it shows up in a new tab ?

Other suggestions :
-Choose your own Color: (Green and Blue are player 2,3 and they look so alike on most screens)
-Random Teams: (with maybe option to balance them based on ranking ?)
-Random map from set: Maybe categorize the maps somehow or choose random from maybe the top 50 ranked maps ?

Long winded suggestion:

-Recurring games with the same people, where W/L record was tallied over time between the same "group". My friends and I play the same 4 games (with different rules) over and over (winner chooses next map). It would be nice if we were able to see historical W/L statistics between our "group". I am not sure how you would do this ? Maybe let us setup "groups" that people would have to join ? Then when we start the game it would be a "group match" ? Was not sure how to properly explain this, but when my friends and I all play over and over it's a little bit disappointing that we can't have some sort of statistics between us.
--- building on the "group" suggestion, maybe when you join a "group" , you get a separate score, that is ONLY within that group. And W/L that is only within that group. (as well as your global w/l and score)
Major ch0rn

Postby Sey69 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:06 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Well yeah, obviously, but I would've thought that there would be some kind of plan in place, from which you would give a rough estimate of time scale. If there's no kind of plan then.. Well, I don't need to say any more. I'm interested anyway, though not sure how much time I can dedicate hence the original question.

I'm with Caff. I would like to be involved but, don't know how much time I can spend on it. I'll be involved anyways as much as I can.
Sergeant 1st Class Sey69

Postby Sey69 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:32 pm

gypsysongman wrote:Game chat/trying to win through truces when you are losing through strategy, should be optional.

Optional, Mmmm okay. If you originate the game.

However, I disagree with your assessment. The best player is the one who can outplay all the others. If outplaying them involves yoga, mind manipulation, brute force, sneaky strategy, applying leeches, sacrificing a small animal to some Pagan God OR truces, all the power to them. :D

I've seen a couple of other people make the same point and what I suggest to you all is get better by learning how to reason with (manipulate) people. Some of the very best games I've ever played here were FULL of manipulators & truces. lol. Made the games really, really interesting and a fuckuvalot o' fun. =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Sey69

Postby Adolfo18 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 pm

I would like to see a surrender button. There have been times when its obvious of the games outcome....why go thru all the struggle to lose....a surrender button would speed it up and get it over with.

Adolfo18
Major Adolfo18

Postby Fuchsia tude on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Adolfo18 wrote:I would like to see a surrender button. There have been times when its obvious of the games outcome....why go thru all the struggle to lose....a surrender button would speed it up and get it over with.

Adolfo18

This. It's especially painful in trench or similar long slogs when the winner is a foregone conclusion.
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Postby alex951 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:53 am

Fuchsia tude wrote:
Adolfo18 wrote:I would like to see a surrender button. There have been times when its obvious of the games outcome....why go thru all the struggle to lose....a surrender button would speed it up and get it over with.

Adolfo18

This. It's especially painful in trench or similar long slogs when the winner is a foregone conclusion.

just deadbeat
Corporal alex951

Postby Fuchsia tude on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:01 am

alex951 wrote:
Fuchsia tude wrote:

Adolfo18

just deadbeat

That kind of feels disrespectful, takes at least 72 hours (and possibly much longer), and hurts my precious "turns taken" stats :(
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Postby stringybeany on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:34 am

Donelladan wrote:Not the correct topic at all Tviorr, stringybeany and haraldbluetooth.
This isn't SUGGESTIONS, they won't change the gameplay, they want to change the CC law, the justice system, the Penal Code of CC.
That's what we are talking about here. Not about gameplay, points system, rating. What you are talking belong to the suggestions.

========> viewforum.php?f=4

good call! you should be a moderator.

oh wait... wrong thread for this comment. sorry
Captain stringybeany

Postby waauw on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:48 am

Fuchsia tude wrote:
alex951 wrote:
Fuchsia tude wrote:

Adolfo18

just deadbeat

That kind of feels disrespectful, takes at least 72 hours (and possibly much longer), and hurts my precious "turns taken" stats :(

I'm with ya dude. I never deadbeat.(not anymore anyway)
Not even in Hive trench where it's obviously lost.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby ch0rn on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:37 am

A surrender button only makes sense when it gets down to 2 people left in the game, otherwise it alters strategies and game play too much.
Major ch0rn

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:40 am

One rule that we should have, instead of the current anti-exploitation of site bugs rule, we should treat all bugs as features. There is no such thing therefore, as exploiting a site weakness.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby MadameButterfly on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 am

Sir Mr Timothy wrote:I also think that there should be a resign option in 2 player games.

+1 on this, please
Private 1st Class MadameButterfly

Postby ImaNoid on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
SilverWill wrote: Sometimes jokes can become reality so becareful what you say.

Yeah, Dubya got elected to a second term. :lol:

so did obama, what's your point?
Private 1st Class ImaNoid

Postby ImaNoid on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Adolfo18

hear hear

Postby ImaNoid on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm

waauw wrote:
Fuchsia tude wrote:
alex951 wrote:
Fuchsia tude wrote:

Adolfo18

just deadbeat

I'm with ya dude. I never deadbeat.(not anymore anyway)
Not even in Hive trench where it's obviously lost.

my teammate (clueless as he might have been) deadbeated on me. I thought it was rude and insensitive.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:20 am

What's happening with this? I'm interested.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Zoanthrope wrote:Just a little adjustment is all i see is needed. in general the rules work well but sometimes they fail.

An example, while playing an assassin game with nuclear reinforcements, I had to play a set of cards, due to having 5, which resulted in me having to nuke my last remaining zone, ending the game prematurely. I suggest that in zombie and nuclear games that the number of cards that can be held be increased to possibly 7, to prevent this from happening and automatically ending assassin games. This is also very damaging to a players points value as it is seen as a complete failure.

Another suggestion would be a proper alliance/truce system between independent players. It would only have to be a simple system where a player clicks on another player with suggest alliance/truce pop-up with a defined round length. This could be tied in to prevent these "partnered" players from attacking each other during this period of "peace". Too many times have i seen truces breached by unscrupulous players who usually have an unfair advantage afterwards.

Although i know these are more along the lines of system changes rather than rules, I feel that any suggestions of this nature should be given some consideration and discussion for future game development.

I have to ask, was your last territory the last card you got? If not why were you carding in the first place?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby clangfield on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm

I'd like to see a ban on personal abuse in chat.
Not swearing per se, I know some players only know the one adjective, but I think directing it at another player should be frowned upon and considered punishable as abuse.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby torres44cm on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:53 am

I'd like to help on the "New Rules and Discipline" Committee, depending on time commitment. I mean is there a projected timetable, i.e under 12 months sounds plausible, 1-2 years is a very long time to make rule changes. The committee itself sounds permanent, which is not a problem, but if it takes 2-3 years or longer just to upgrade the rules, well that what happens in Washington. The comment of "how long is a piece of string" is not a realistic timetable to make rule changes.

Most of them are missing the point of this topic, TeeGee is looking for volunteers, not offer suggestions now on the rules and game feature/functions. There can be a time and place to receive all the change request. Yes there is improvement needed in multiple areas, and good to see some many ideas, but stick to the topic you all.

Torres
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives