Conquer Club

Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:00 am

torres44cm wrote:I'd like to help on the "New Rules and Discipline" Committee, depending on time commitment. I mean is there a projected timetable, i.e under 12 months sounds plausible, 1-2 years is a very long time to make rule changes. The committee itself sounds permanent, which is not a problem, but if it takes 2-3 years or longer just to upgrade the rules, well that what happens in Washington.

I asked this too, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.

torres44cm wrote:Most of them are missing the point of this topic, TeeGee is looking for volunteers, not offer suggestions now on the rules and game feature/functions. There can be a time and place to receive all the change request. Yes there is improvement needed in multiple areas, and good to see some many ideas, but stick to the topic you all.

Hah, yeah, that was quite funny. Donelladan made a lovely post about it too.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!Random maps

Postby zipper66 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 pm

On tournaments with random maps, lets have some cohesion. My current tournament has both US West (24 territories) and USA 2.1(240 territories) running. The resolution time for these maps differ greatly. Maybe use histograms to figure average number of turns (per number of players) for each map. First pick a random resolution range and then maps inside that range. How about the option for bridge type tournaments with every red etc. starting with the same territories (same map). Maybe match quickest winner with slowest in the next round. Might be best block tournament players from viewing games in same tournament or at least games with same of more rounds completed. (Instinctive for taking turns promptly)
Captain zipper66

Re: Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:53 am

Due to a personal issue I am currently unavailable. When my life returns to some sort of normal then I will resume this.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives