Conquer Club

Resign Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Resign Button

Postby king achilles on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:30 pm

The Resign feature has been released. The resigning player must have less than half the army count of their opponent. This is for non-tournament games and excluding all clan games as well. The Resign button will appear under these particular settings only.

Trench setting, 1v1 and may appear on the 10th round onwards.
Polymorphic in trench setting and may appear as early as the 6th round.

Remember that you can only resign if you have less than half of the troop count of your opponent and have reached the minimum round required. If you still have more than half of your opponent's troops, even if you reach the required minimum round, the Resign button will not appear.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: Resign Button

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 pm

So in fog games when round is 10th or more if the button appears the you will know the opponent has double troops? Good one there.
Captain dakky21

Postby hopalong on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 pm

great feature - love it alot! it has been greatly appreciated in speed, and glad to see it move to some 24 hr games.
Major hopalong

Postby Donelladan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:05 am

dakky21 wrote:So in fog games when round is 10th or more if the button appears the you will know the opponent has double troops? Good one there.

This concern has been voiced before.
But it's only for 1vs1 and poly, thus I don't see how the information that your opponent has twice more troops than you will be useful to you in any way. You should know you are losing anyway.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Lord Arioch on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:50 am

Lets call it The Don Button instead!
Great feature:)
Lieutenant Lord Arioch

Postby Halmir on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:22 am

Finally.

Now in another decade, it might extend to all games...
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 am

Halmir wrote:Finally.

It's alright, we'll keep campaigning until then!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 am

Do you think having the Resign button on certain maps (such as Hive) could be negotiated?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Winged Cat on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Donelladan wrote:
dakky21 wrote:So in fog games when round is 10th or more if the button appears the you will know the opponent has double troops? Good one there.

But it's only for 1vs1 and poly, thus I don't see how the information that your opponent has twice more troops than you will be useful to you in any way. You should know you are losing anyway.

And if you don't see it, the game is telling you that you aren't losing that badly, so you should keep playing (which is the default thing to do anyway).
Sergeant 1st Class Winged Cat

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Donelladan wrote:

You can know you are losing, but still try to stage a comeback. While statistically small, your opponent might be more careful in his expansion allowing you to build something and make a counter.

Now this resign button takes that away and basically tells them in a fog game to be as reckless as they want cuz they know for sure total troops are lopsided, breaking the reasons for fog.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 pm

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

You can know you are losing, but still try to stage a comeback. While statistically small, your opponent might be more careful in his expansion allowing you to build something and make a counter.

Now this resign button takes that away and basically tells them in a fog game to be as reckless as they want cuz they know for sure total troops are lopsided, breaking the reasons for fog.

This new condition "you can resign only if your opponent has twice more troops than you" has been implemented to prevent abuse of the resign button. Personally I am up for getting rid of it, resign button doesn't get abused anyway.

Also, you never have to resign. People have been experiencing the resign button in speed game, with a resign button that appear for both player on round 10 ( or 6 for poly) and no one resigned because the button appeared. I don't think it'll be any different with this one. It will more probably be people waiting for the button to appear.

Now ofc, we need more feedback. I do hope people will give feedback, and if you are right I hope people will make suggestion for a modification of the rule.

Also, this new condition was announced in the original suggestion ( after editing, no the 1st suggestion, but the 2nd before implementation), I spoke against this measure in the original suggestion thread, few people commented for or against it. I think it's now too late, and not really the place for that kind of conversation.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Do you think having the Resign button on certain maps (such as Hive) could be negotiated?

Not sure if you are asking me. I don't know. Just like above I am not sure this is the place for such a request. I think you should go to suggestion, and maybe a tech person will reply you about the feasibility of such a thing.
I don't think it will happen, and not sure it should. It would be all the more confusing if some maps have the resign button and some don't. Soon after that people would ask resign button for all maps.
I'd rather we have it for all maps directly. ( also I'd rather we get rid of the Hive map but that's another story :D )
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby king achilles on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Correction for the Poly games - it must also be in Trench. I updated my wording in the announcement post.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby lanyards on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm glad we are slowly making progress in the right direction with the resign button, but the whole 'must have half the armies of the opponent' requirement doesn't make sense. Sure in some (or even most) cases, having half the army count of your opponent means you will lose. There are plenty of special feature maps, where this would not be the case. The visibility of the Resign button will provide extra information for players in Fog of War games, and to the player who will not always be the one really losing just because they have less troops.

Also, is the Resign button present for the remainder of the game once the conditions are met and a player has half the armies on a particular round?

For now I'm happy that the option is being extended and tested, but 'half the armies of the opponent' seems to be senseless and unnecessary.

EDIT - I'm also grateful we have an ANNOUNCEMENT for this change where we can discuss and potentially improve it. :)
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby dacp on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Thank you so much! I was shocked to see several of my trench games as ended and very happy to not have to pound through a game that both my opponents and I knew to be over. They had already said gg and were just deploying. Now we can focus on new games where there's a strategy to actually focus upon. :)
Sergeant 1st Class dacp

Postby .SCuD. on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 am

Yes this is brilliant!!

The half troops thing is okay IF and ONLY IF both parties are alerted. It isn't fair for the losing player to receive that information and not the other side (perhaps game log... resignation button is available for .SCuD.'s opponent!!!). I'd also be okay with it just appearing for both players at the same time... I don't see why it would get abused, no-one is playing here to give an underhanded resignation! (If they are, they are cheating anyway, and will do it regardless).

I'd prefer to bring the round limit forwards as the result in trench is regularly known by round 5, but 10 is better than nothing. I'd say round 5-8 area would be better, and would ensure abuse was avoided.

None of these are massive issue thoughs, this is a step forwards.
General .SCuD.

Postby Lord Arioch on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 pm

The only critcizm from me is that the resign button is placed wrong ... i tend to click on it since thats where begin usually is ... which allways gives me a hiccup;)
Lieutenant Lord Arioch

Postby riskllama on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:44 am

Lord Arioch wrote:The only critcizm from me is that the resign button is placed wrong ... i tend to click on it since thats where begin usually is ... which allways gives me a hiccup;)

i find i accidentally click on "watch games" for the same reason. could they possibly be moved?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Lord Arioch on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:15 pm

+ a lot that sugg
Lieutenant Lord Arioch

Postby Robespierre__ on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Personally I would not bring attitude while not a premium member. But that's just me.

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Postby Robespierre__ on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:49 pm

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

I await the first instance of this being reported before concerning myself. I darn well know that I am getting my ass kicked and having some confirmation of that will not change the strategy nor outcome one bit IMO.
Major Robespierre__

Postby Halmir on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 am

Robespierre__ wrote:

Personally I would not bring attitude while not a premium member. But that's just me.

Robes

Oh I've been a member for most of the last decade, I've just had to let it drop for the moment due to work and other IRL stuff.
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Corporal 2dimes

Postby shoop76 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 am

Lord Arioch wrote:The only critcizm from me is that the resign button is placed wrong ... i tend to click on it since thats where begin usually is ... which allways gives me a hiccup;)

+1, what a horrible location. Just resigned a game I had no intention to.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby BrutalBob on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 am

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

I don't think the real reason for fog is to give people false confidence,

Personally, I dont think that the half troops thing is necessary, I think you should be able to resign whenever you want.

But Ice, you seem really hellbent on making everyone play it your way. If you want to fight to the last and put all your time into the slim chance of winning then you can still do that. I know it can happen. It has happened to me recently, but its still not how I want to play- so dont make me . Its my game and I want to play it how i want to play it. I am not going to make anyone resign. Its their choice
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 am

BrutalBob wrote:I don't think the real reason for fog is to give people false confidence,

Personally, I dont think that the half troops thing is necessary, I think you should be able to resign whenever you want.

But Ice, you seem really hellbent on making everyone play it your way. If you want to fight to the last and put all your time into the slim chance of winning then you can still do that. I know it can happen. It has happened to me recently, but its still not how I want to play- so dont make me . Its my game and I want to play it how i want to play it. I am not going to make anyone resign. Its their choice

It’s not false confidence it’s a vital piece of info. But I didn’t say that’s what fog was for, I said it gives away a piece of info that it shouldnt. I also disagree 100% that you should be able to resign whenever.

Funny tho, you “don’t want me telling you how to play” but in the same breath I must accept anyone resigning, apparently at anytime (aka you telling me how I must play).

Resigning games TOTALLLY ruins the game(s) for me. A losing game can still be fun. A resigned game is trash and frustrating as hell. So if it’s not an option and I must accept stupid ass resignations then I’ll keep being hellbent on pointing out how fucking stupid they are

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Announcement Archives