Conquer Club

The Championships 2019

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Championships 2019 - Update

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:45 am

1v1:
Completed
  • Winner: Clanlord Carl
  • Runner-Up: Bariclaw
  • Semi-Finalists: _Untouchable & kizkiz
  • Quarter-finalists: dustin800, IanG7, Kaiser Szami & shoop76
  • Round of 16: 4 U 2 NV, dkmaster, elspaniard, ender_w99, goggles paisano, jfm10, josko.ri & ZaBeast

Poly:
Round 4b: (48 players remaining)
20 games (out of 168) ongoing.

Escalating:
Round 4c: (49 players remaining)
2 game (out of 84) ongoing.

Conquest:
Completed
  • Winner: _Untouchable
  • Runner-Up: ZaBeast
  • 3rd to 6th: josko.ri, Clanlord Carl, dkmaster, IanG7
  • 7th to 12th: jonofperu, rockfist, betiko, Wizz00, Ukey, Swimmerdude99

Team:
1/2 Finals, Set 1 (out of 7)
3 out of 10 games ongoing in Set 1. Dissension & Saucy Smurf won their Home Set, preparing Set 2!
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:54 am

Congratulations to _Untouchable for being leader on both Map Masters and The Championships 2019 simultaneously. I am trying my best to catch.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Infraction found in terms of sitting by player who are still active into that same event, sitting a player that is MIA, player to be eliminated at the next elimination round.

No more details to be provided, case has been worked through PM.

Mad
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 pm

I was in hospital from 11 July to now.

I am back to activity.
Major josko.ri

Postby Donelladan on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:49 am

No details provided ? guess you should at least mention which player though it seems it was josko seeing his last post ?
Regardless of who is the Player I'd like to say that the sitting rule for this event is really too harsh for no reason. The event is too long for enforcing such a strict sitting rule and real life issue can happen. Unless the sitting was deemed abusive or used to gain an advantage it is really sad to kick a player out of the finals phase for such a small thing than having been sat for few turns.
In general ( here or in clan ) I wish sitting rule were more souple and tolerant of players. it is a game nothing serious and people should be allowed not to play for whatever irl life reason without causing trouble to their mate.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 am

Donelladan wrote:No details provided ? guess you should at least mention which player though it seems it was josko seeing his last post ?
Regardless of who is the Player I'd like to say that the sitting rule for this event is really too harsh for no reason. The event is too long for enforcing such a strict sitting rule and real life issue can happen. Unless the sitting was deemed abusive or used to gain an advantage it is really sad to kick a player out of the finals phase for such a small thing than having been sat for few turns.
In general ( here or in clan ) I wish sitting rule were more souple and tolerant of players. it is a game nothing serious and people should be allowed not to play for whatever irl life reason without causing trouble to their mate.

I'm not saying that rule is fair, and didn't write it up, it not only come from TO but also from webmaster/admin, I would be fine to relax it as long as the other part of the engaged players have no objection, it applied to me when I had to pause for few weeks last year and when I came back, I saw I was kicked from each Championships I was still engaged with, so I'm in a good position to understand this rule is not perfect.

If you all want to relax it, let me know...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:33 am

Mad777 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:No details provided ? guess you should at least mention which player though it seems it was josko seeing his last post ?

I'm not saying that rule is fair, and didn't write it up, it not only come from TO but also from webmaster/admin, I would be fine to relax it as long as the other part of the engaged players have no objection, it applied to me when I had to pause for few weeks last year and when I came back, I saw I was kicked from each Championships I was still engaged with, so I'm in a good position to understand this rule is not perfect.

If you all want to relax it, let me know...

Your absence was longerthan mine (mine was less than 3 weeks) and if we waited for your comeback then tournaments would be delayed. In mycase, nothing is delayed, all tournaments can proceed further normally.

Therefore, mycase and yourcase are not comparable.

Before going tohospital ihad less than one hour to inform anyone i know, Iinformed Astoriana as he was the only who had mypassword.

It is against site rules to share your password with multiple people, should Ihave donethat instead?
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:58 am

josko, no where I'm stating about comparing anything, I'm only talking about the rules in general for this event, and in terms of rules, in general, you can't really modified it while the event is ongoing...you have been part of all event here in various areas of the site, including Clan World, and no where there is rule changes in the middle of an official competition but more likely improvement and/or changes for the next edition.

I mean, we can put a poll up, and without engaging the results to abide changes, but only to see what others may think about...When I said I can "relax" it, it would have to come to a higher level first and most likely changes wouldn't take place for the ongoing tournament but the next one.

Yes it's unfortunate, and honestly, what if you would have been missing another few weeks? I should have let your account moving on to the next round for your sitters to keep taking your turns? Since Astoriana was made aware, and we also asked on our end about you, but no one says anything, so I think at minimum Astoriana and/or sitters should have made aware the TO about the possibility of your account being sitted, then we could have made mention about that Championship rules, because at that time I'm sure no one had an idea for how long you would be out.

Again, using the rules that was put in place by the TO (who btw just quit CC);

Sitting:
Sitting a player is permitted only for short time and has to follow the below rules:
A player may only use sitters 4 weeks total throughout the competition.
Sitter/Mod can't be still active in the same Championship
The time frame per sitting should not exceed 2 week period.
For Team Championship sitters can only be from the same team.
Sitting a player should be clearly state into the game prior to take the sitting turn.
If during random check it is found that a player has been sit without having a game chat notice or has broken any of the above mentioned rules, the player/team is to be forfeit for the competition.
If a C&A is pending regarding a possible sitting rule violation, it will then have to be clear/close prior to the next round can start.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:34 pm

Mad777 wrote:josko, no where I'm stating about comparing anything, I'm only talking about the rules in general for this event, and in terms of rules, in general, you can't really modified it while the event is ongoing...you have been part of all event here in various areas of the site, including Clan World, and no where there is rule changes in the middle of an official competition but more likely improvement and/or changes for the next edition.

I mean, we can put a poll up, and without engaging the results to abide changes, but only to see what others may think about...When I said I can "relax" it, it would have to come to a higher level first and most likely changes wouldn't take place for the ongoing tournament but the next one.

Yes it's unfortunate, and honestly, what if you would have been missing another few weeks? I should have let your account moving on to the next round for your sitters to keep taking your turns? Since Astoriana was made aware, and we also asked on our end about you, but no one says anything, so I think at minimum Astoriana and/or sitters should have made aware the TO about the possibility of your account being sitted, then we could have made mention about that Championship rules, because at that time I'm sure no one had an idea for how long you would be out.

Again, using the rules that was put in place by the TO (who btw just quit CC);

Sitting:
Sitting a player is permitted only for short time and has to follow the below rules:
A player may only use sitters 4 weeks total throughout the competition.
Sitter/Mod can't be still active in the same Championship
The time frame per sitting should not exceed 2 week period.
For Team Championship sitters can only be from the same team.
Sitting a player should be clearly state into the game prior to take the sitting turn.
If during random check it is found that a player has been sit without having a game chat notice or has broken any of the above mentioned rules, the player/team is to be forfeit for the competition.
If a C&A is pending regarding a possible sitting rule violation, it will then have to be clear/close prior to the next round can start.

Will you kick out every player forwhom Ifind and report that heusedsitter from the samechampionships atleast once during the tournament? Rule does not statehow many times which means one infraction is enough obviously.

Yes it's unfortunate, and honestly, what if you would have been missing another few weeks?
In thiscase kick me out because it wouldbe the same case as yours. But my absence was shorter than one full round in every of three ongoing championships.

BtW these rules were written in 2019 before COVID, at that time it was not usualtogotohospital for longer than twoweeks but since COVID it became routine.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:54 am

The Poly event is couple of games away from moving to the next elimination round (Round 13), while the escalating has moved to round 5b.

Team Championship battle still well undergo and with Set 2 as tight as it can be.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:25 am

Mad777 wrote:Infraction found in terms of sitting by player who are still active into that same event, sitting a player that is MIA, player to be eliminated at the next elimination round.

Mad

I want to write appeal to bigWham to overrule this nonsense decision. Please give me 7 days deadline to make so, before continuing the tournaments. Thank you!
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:08 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Infraction found in terms of sitting by player who are still active into that same event, sitting a player that is MIA, player to be eliminated at the next elimination round.

Mad

I want to write appeal to bigWham to overrule this nonsense decision. Please give me 7 days deadline to make so, before continuing the tournaments. Thank you!

…and with all my due respect, it is your right, but a waste of time to be honest, if admin wants to set a precedent in terms of tournament ruling then that is his game site, but I will firmly oppose to it.

Since i became a TO and then a Mod I have seen more than one member becoming absent for an undetermined period of time, including myself, and ALL faces the same consequence of being withdraw at some point, no one has ever come back asking to appeal the fact they got booted from an event. Everyone knows this type of game has a clock ticking and 24/7, therefore we can’t just put the games on pause for each member that has issue to play by rules.

For your own case since you are coming back arguing the decision, you apparently had time to tell your sitters but didn’t tell them about some ruling, not anyone fault but yours or eventually them since apparently some who were playing didn’t bother to read the OP before taking the turn, not anyone went back and apologize for breaking the rule in the event of a quick emergency sitting, which could have perhaps helped this case, for few weeks your game were covered by multiple sitters despite you telling me only one has your PW and that is why it couldn’t be possible for not breaking the sitting rules.

Again josko, this is nothing personal, and unfortunately rules applies also to the best player of this site. I can’t make exception based from your current legacy in conquerclub.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:27 am

Championship Team; another sitting infraction has been found with josko’s account, despite him reminded his team and me sending several PM.

Set 2 between Skillfull Croadians and Saucy Smurf to be mark “3-2 win” for Saucy Smurf.

In the mean time I’m still not getting answer from Skillfull Croadians for the Set 3 lineup. Josko spot will have to be taken by one of the 5 remained members, hope to hear back from them by Friday…Otherwise I will have to take a difficult decision to keep this event moving forward.

The other semi finals has 2 more game ongoing, but received Set 3 lineup answer from Swimmerdude99, therefore Set 3 will start this weekend.

Poly event next round to go out this weekend, while the escalating is still ongoing with no issue.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby dkmaster on Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi mad

In poly there were a lot of forfeit games last round. And those points were only counted in poly scoreboard and not in the overall scoreboard.

I looked through all pages here as I remembered something said about it before. But I cant find it. Maybe it was just the tribe problem early on. Or I am getting to old for this :roll:

Will these missing points be updated in overall scoreboard when we start the new round of poly games ?
Colonel dkmaster

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:45 pm

i will have to check, it has been a while since this event started.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:20 am

dkmaster wrote:Hi mad

In poly there were a lot of forfeit games last round. And those points were only counted in poly scoreboard and not in the overall scoreboard.

I looked through all pages here as I remembered something said about it before. But I cant find it. Maybe it was just the tribe problem early on. Or I am getting to old for this :roll:

Will these missing points be updated in overall scoreboard when we start the new round of poly games ?

I found it in page 7, 10th post.

What you have said is correct, the forfeit game score get only for that event scoreboard within the auto tournament, since the game never started and forfeit, no token was given therefore it won't add point to the main scoreboard as a whole.

Hope that help/clarify it, and thanks for bringing this back, put my memory drive back on track :lol:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby dkmaster on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:34 am

Mad777 wrote:
dkmaster wrote:Hi mad

I found it in page 7, 10th post.

What you have said is correct, the forfeit game score get only for that event scoreboard within the auto tournament, since the game never started and forfeit, no token was given therefore it won't add point to the main scoreboard as a whole.

Hope that help/clarify it, and thanks for bringing this back, put my memory drive back on track :lol:

So it will be fixed manuel like in round 1a ?

Thanks for looking into it =D>
Colonel dkmaster

Postby Mad777 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:18 am

nope, no token = no point

having a deadbeat only give credit to the event scoreboard itself, not to the overall.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:28 pm

Nothing new to report, Escalating, Poly & Team events are still ongoing
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:31 am

Poly round 5a has few game left, next round (5b) should start automatically (hopefully)

Escalating has several game ongoing before proceeding to the last elimination pool and moving to the last set of 3 rounds!

Team will start Set 4 out of 7, Saucy Smurf and Ducks & Friends are both leading their semi final 2-1
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:33 am

Team: Set 4 has started

Poly has 2 remaining games before 5b round to start

Escalating has 7 games before next & last elimination pool for the last 3 set of rounds
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:52 pm

Mad777 wrote:Championship Team; another sitting infraction has been found with josko’s account, despite him reminded his team and me sending several PM.

Set 2 between Skillfull Croadians and Saucy Smurf to be mark “3-2 win” for Saucy Smurf.

In the mean time I’m still not getting answer from Skillfull Croadians for the Set 3 lineup. Josko spot will have to be taken by one of the 5 remained members, hope to hear back from them by Friday…Otherwise I will have to take a difficult decision to keep this event moving forward.

The other semi finals has 2 more game ongoing, but received Set 3 lineup answer from Swimmerdude99, therefore Set 3 will start this weekend.

Poly event next round to go out this weekend, while the escalating is still ongoing with no issue.

I object to thisdecision. Skillfull croadians sholdlead 2-1. You are punishong usbecause I am sick. Is it nice to punish person whohascancer becauuse he has cancer? Dont be Mad,be 777 my friend. You are not 666 but 777.
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:47 am

I will appeal Mad777 decision to ban me from championship escalating and poly to bigwham. Please dont continue these tournaments until appeal will be resolved.
Major josko.ri

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:19 pm

josko.ri wrote:I will appeal Mad777 decision to ban me from championship escalating and poly to bigwham. Please dont continue these tournaments until appeal will be resolved.

I'd probably focus your energy elsewhere, based on the fact that they would have to redo a large portion of the tournament, I highly doubt its happening. Even if you weren't banned, you would have deadbeat all the games and had the same outcome most likely :/
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Mad777 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 am

Team: 1/2 Finals Set 4 is ongoing

Poly has 2 remaining games before 5b round to start

Escalating has 2 games before next & last elimination pool for the last 3 set of rounds
Lieutenant Mad777

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives