Conquer Club

The Championships 2019

The official source of Conquer Club news

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Championships 2019 - Update

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:45 am

1v1:
Completed
  • Winner: Clanlord Carl
  • Runner-Up: Bariclaw
  • Semi-Finalists: _Untouchable & kizkiz
  • Quarter-finalists: dustin800, IanG7, Kaiser Szami & shoop76
  • Round of 16: 4 U 2 NV, dkmaster, elspaniard, ender_w99, goggles paisano, jfm10, josko.ri & ZaBeast


Poly:
Round 4b: (48 players remaining)
20 games (out of 168) ongoing.

Escalating:
Round 4c: (49 players remaining)
2 game (out of 84) ongoing.

Conquest:
Completed
  • Winner: _Untouchable
  • Runner-Up: ZaBeast
  • 3rd to 6th: josko.ri, Clanlord Carl, dkmaster, IanG7
  • 7th to 12th: jonofperu, rockfist, betiko, Wizz00, Ukey, Swimmerdude99


Team:
1/2 Finals, Set 1 (out of 7)
3 out of 10 games ongoing in Set 1. Dissension & Saucy Smurf won their Home Set, preparing Set 2!
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Major Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8897
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:54 am

Congratulations to _Untouchable for being leader on both Map Masters and The Championships 2019 simultaneously. I am trying my best to catch.
Image
User avatar
Major josko.ri
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
34521396

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Infraction found in terms of sitting by player who are still active into that same event, sitting a player that is MIA, player to be eliminated at the next elimination round.

No more details to be provided, case has been worked through PM.

Mad
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Major Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8897
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 pm

I was in hospital from 11 July to now.

I am back to activity.
Image
User avatar
Major josko.ri
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
34521396

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby Donelladan on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:49 am

No details provided ? guess you should at least mention which player though it seems it was josko seeing his last post ?
Regardless of who is the Player I'd like to say that the sitting rule for this event is really too harsh for no reason. The event is too long for enforcing such a strict sitting rule and real life issue can happen. Unless the sitting was deemed abusive or used to gain an advantage it is really sad to kick a player out of the finals phase for such a small thing than having been sat for few turns.
In general ( here or in clan ) I wish sitting rule were more souple and tolerant of players. it is a game nothing serious and people should be allowed not to play for whatever irl life reason without causing trouble to their mate.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Donelladan
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
3221635

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 am

Donelladan wrote:No details provided ? guess you should at least mention which player though it seems it was josko seeing his last post ?
Regardless of who is the Player I'd like to say that the sitting rule for this event is really too harsh for no reason. The event is too long for enforcing such a strict sitting rule and real life issue can happen. Unless the sitting was deemed abusive or used to gain an advantage it is really sad to kick a player out of the finals phase for such a small thing than having been sat for few turns.
In general ( here or in clan ) I wish sitting rule were more souple and tolerant of players. it is a game nothing serious and people should be allowed not to play for whatever irl life reason without causing trouble to their mate.

I'm not saying that rule is fair, and didn't write it up, it not only come from TO but also from webmaster/admin, I would be fine to relax it as long as the other part of the engaged players have no objection, it applied to me when I had to pause for few weeks last year and when I came back, I saw I was kicked from each Championships I was still engaged with, so I'm in a good position to understand this rule is not perfect.

If you all want to relax it, let me know...
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Major Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8897
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby josko.ri on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:33 am

Mad777 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:No details provided ? guess you should at least mention which player though it seems it was josko seeing his last post ?
Regardless of who is the Player I'd like to say that the sitting rule for this event is really too harsh for no reason. The event is too long for enforcing such a strict sitting rule and real life issue can happen. Unless the sitting was deemed abusive or used to gain an advantage it is really sad to kick a player out of the finals phase for such a small thing than having been sat for few turns.
In general ( here or in clan ) I wish sitting rule were more souple and tolerant of players. it is a game nothing serious and people should be allowed not to play for whatever irl life reason without causing trouble to their mate.

I'm not saying that rule is fair, and didn't write it up, it not only come from TO but also from webmaster/admin, I would be fine to relax it as long as the other part of the engaged players have no objection, it applied to me when I had to pause for few weeks last year and when I came back, I saw I was kicked from each Championships I was still engaged with, so I'm in a good position to understand this rule is not perfect.

If you all want to relax it, let me know...

Your absence was longerthan mine (mine was less than 3 weeks) and if we waited for your comeback then tournaments would be delayed. In mycase, nothing is delayed, all tournaments can proceed further normally.

Therefore, mycase and yourcase are not comparable.

Before going tohospital ihad less than one hour to inform anyone i know, Iinformed Astoriana as he was the only who had mypassword.

It is against site rules to share your password with multiple people, should Ihave donethat instead?
Image
User avatar
Major josko.ri
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
34521396

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:58 am

josko, no where I'm stating about comparing anything, I'm only talking about the rules in general for this event, and in terms of rules, in general, you can't really modified it while the event is ongoing...you have been part of all event here in various areas of the site, including Clan World, and no where there is rule changes in the middle of an official competition but more likely improvement and/or changes for the next edition.

I mean, we can put a poll up, and without engaging the results to abide changes, but only to see what others may think about...When I said I can "relax" it, it would have to come to a higher level first and most likely changes wouldn't take place for the ongoing tournament but the next one.

Yes it's unfortunate, and honestly, what if you would have been missing another few weeks? I should have let your account moving on to the next round for your sitters to keep taking your turns? Since Astoriana was made aware, and we also asked on our end about you, but no one says anything, so I think at minimum Astoriana and/or sitters should have made aware the TO about the possibility of your account being sitted, then we could have made mention about that Championship rules, because at that time I'm sure no one had an idea for how long you would be out.

Again, using the rules that was put in place by the TO (who btw just quit CC);

Sitting:
Sitting a player is permitted only for short time and has to follow the below rules:
A player may only use sitters 4 weeks total throughout the competition.
Sitter/Mod can't be still active in the same Championship
The time frame per sitting should not exceed 2 week period.
For Team Championship sitters can only be from the same team.
Sitting a player should be clearly state into the game prior to take the sitting turn.
If during random check it is found that a player has been sit without having a game chat notice or has broken any of the above mentioned rules, the player/team is to be forfeit for the competition.
If a C&A is pending regarding a possible sitting rule violation, it will then have to be clear/close prior to the next round can start.
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Major Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8897
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby josko.ri on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:34 pm

Mad777 wrote:josko, no where I'm stating about comparing anything, I'm only talking about the rules in general for this event, and in terms of rules, in general, you can't really modified it while the event is ongoing...you have been part of all event here in various areas of the site, including Clan World, and no where there is rule changes in the middle of an official competition but more likely improvement and/or changes for the next edition.

I mean, we can put a poll up, and without engaging the results to abide changes, but only to see what others may think about...When I said I can "relax" it, it would have to come to a higher level first and most likely changes wouldn't take place for the ongoing tournament but the next one.

Yes it's unfortunate, and honestly, what if you would have been missing another few weeks? I should have let your account moving on to the next round for your sitters to keep taking your turns? Since Astoriana was made aware, and we also asked on our end about you, but no one says anything, so I think at minimum Astoriana and/or sitters should have made aware the TO about the possibility of your account being sitted, then we could have made mention about that Championship rules, because at that time I'm sure no one had an idea for how long you would be out.

Again, using the rules that was put in place by the TO (who btw just quit CC);

Sitting:
Sitting a player is permitted only for short time and has to follow the below rules:
A player may only use sitters 4 weeks total throughout the competition.
Sitter/Mod can't be still active in the same Championship
The time frame per sitting should not exceed 2 week period.
For Team Championship sitters can only be from the same team.
Sitting a player should be clearly state into the game prior to take the sitting turn.
If during random check it is found that a player has been sit without having a game chat notice or has broken any of the above mentioned rules, the player/team is to be forfeit for the competition.
If a C&A is pending regarding a possible sitting rule violation, it will then have to be clear/close prior to the next round can start.

Will you kick out every player forwhom Ifind and report that heusedsitter from the samechampionships atleast once during the tournament? Rule does not statehow many times which means one infraction is enough obviously.

Yes it's unfortunate, and honestly, what if you would have been missing another few weeks?
In thiscase kick me out because it wouldbe the same case as yours. But my absence was shorter than one full round in every of three ongoing championships.

BtW these rules were written in 2019 before COVID, at that time it was not usualtogotohospital for longer than twoweeks but since COVID it became routine.
Image
User avatar
Major josko.ri
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
34521396

Previous

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users