Conquer Club

The Championship Team (QF set 2)

The official source of Conquer Club news

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby JPlo64 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 pm

So to my understanding....
You guys are just making this up as you go along.
How about coming up with a concise set of rules and state them at the beginning?
User avatar
Brigadier JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Kentucky
42

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby JPlo64 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:45 pm

What I gather is
  • In the first set of the quarterfinals you choose 5 games (1 D, 2 T, 2 Q) with no map limit.
  • In every subsequent set of games throughout the bracket phase, you choose 5 games with the only limitation being that the maps you choose must have also been included in the 1st set of the quarterfinals.
User avatar
Brigadier JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Kentucky
42

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby benga on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:46 am

JPlo64 wrote:So to my understanding....
You guys are just making this up as you go along.
How about coming up with a concise set of rules and state them at the beginning?


I am not here to tickle you balls, if you don't understand I will explain.

You chose up to maximum 5 different maps before the start of playoffs-so for the QF, SF and F

So for first set you can use only 1 map out of those 5 or you can use 5 maps or 3 maps or 2 maps or 4 maps.
Like wise out of 6 possible players your team can have, you ca use 4 or 5 or 6 players.
Also you can switch settings on each map before each set.

JPlo64 wrote:What I gather is
  • In the first set of the quarterfinals you choose 5 games (1 D, 2 T, 2 Q) with no map limit.
  • In every subsequent set of games throughout the bracket phase, you choose 5 games with the only limitation being that the maps you choose must have also been included in the 1st set of the quarterfinals.
.

No, you were given that option and teams opted not to use it.
User avatar
Colonel benga
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:11 am

benga wrote:I am not here to tickle you balls, if you don't understand I will explain.

You chose up to maximum 5 different maps before the start of playoffs-so for the QF, SF and F

So for first set you can use only 1 map out of those 5 or you can use 5 maps or 3 maps or 2 maps or 4 maps.
Like wise out of 6 possible players your team can have, you ca use 4 or 5 or 6 players.
Also you can switch settings on each map before each set.

Thank you!
That explanation seems nice and easy to understand to me.
:)
User avatar
Brigadier JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Kentucky
42

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:23 am

Will there be a firm deadline date set for when the choices have to be submitted?
User avatar
Brigadier JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Kentucky
42

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby Mad777 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:35 am

JPlo64 wrote:Will there be a firm deadline date set for when the choices have to be submitted?

since groovy was sending roster before i sent the PM to her, i will forward it to you, sorry i left you off
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:43 pm

benga wrote:I am not here to tickle you balls

Good! There's a line. :o

Mad777 wrote:since groovy was sending roster before i sent the PM to her, i will forward it to you, sorry i left you off

Yeah, I was just helping out. JP is still the team leader. :)
User avatar
Captain groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Just to publicly post what was sent to Team leader after several back and forth messages;

For the bracket stage, each team can chose a pool of 5 maps before the 1st set start, the team can then use as they wish the chosen map for each home set, settings and team roster can be shuffle before each Home set.
Out of the 5 maps chosen a team can decide to only play 5 or less per each Home set, once thew bracket stage start, no more map to be added until the end of the competition, as far team member, it still fall under the Substitution rule that was in place during the Round Robin, please note if you have to replace a player due to MIA or other valid reason, a player must have played at least 30 games in this Team event to be consider for medal & prizes.

Sorry for the early confusion if that was the case, wish you all good luck and may the best win!

Note: Out of 7 teams, I only received response from 2 teams so far, tie breaker is still ongoing and I think we have few weeks before we would know the winner, unless that Pot Mosbi game goes to Team Sofa and qualify them for the bracket stage.

Mad
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:02 am

About the current tie breaker score, Team Sofa is leading by 2-1, the remaining 2 games looks tight but would say slight advantage with the Hive for Team Sofa while the Battle Of Actium is 50/50 with Iconic losing their little advantage and Team sofa took the lead...but too early still to call out a winner yet.
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:35 am

Mad777 wrote:About the current tie breaker score, Team Sofa is leading by 2-1, the remaining 2 games looks tight but would say slight advantage with the Hive for Team Sofa while the Battle Of Actium is 50/50 with Iconic losing their little advantage and Team sofa took the lead...but too early still to call out a winner yet.

The Tiebreaker, and for the matter Round 15 as well, against Team Iconic has been the most enjoyable matchup I have had in a long time.

Regardless of who wins, props to Team Iconic.
User avatar
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:24 pm

you really do talk outta your ass
Image
User avatar
Captain iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 11029
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 am

=D> to Team Sofa for winning the tie breaker and reaching the 1/4 Finals!

Thanks Iconic for the fight 8-)
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby Mad777 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:56 am

1/4 Finals is now ongoing playing the first set out of 5
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby benga on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:36 am

Since Mad is gone for a while, I will be taking over.
For the set 2, home teams for set 2 should post the games (teams/settings/maps) till 17th Sep in thread.
Away teams have then 5 days to post the away teams so I can fill the games.
User avatar
Colonel benga
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby benga on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:16 am

mdhill wrote:
For the quarterfinals second set, our home lineups will be as follows:

District of Alaska (D): itake elddir - No spoils, chained, fog, non-trench
Quad Cities (T): itake elddir mdhill - No spoils, adjacent, fog, trench
USA 2.1 (T): bariclaw mdhill hyposquasher - No spoils, parachute, fog, trench
Conquer Rome (Q): itake elddir bariclaw hopalong - No spoils, chained, fog, non-trench
USA 2.1 (Q): bariclaw mdhill hyposquasher hopalong - No spoils, parachute, fog, trench



FuegoFuego wrote:Dubs: Jdsizzleslice, FuegoFuego,:
Battle of Actium, no spoils, no fog, no trench, chained

Trips: Jdsizzleslice, Paul Tabinor, FuegoFuego:
2 times Hive: Flat rate, no fog, trench, chained,

Quads: Gorehound, Jdsizzleslice, Paul Tabinor, FuegoFuego
USA 2,1: chained, fog, trench, no spoils
Pot Mosbi: chained, fog, no trench, no spoils
User avatar
Colonel benga
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: The Championship Team (tiebreaker)

Postby FuegoFuego on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Mad777 wrote:About the current tie breaker score, Team Sofa is leading by 2-1, the remaining 2 games looks tight but would say slight advantage with the Hive for Team Sofa while the Battle Of Actium is 50/50 with Iconic losing their little advantage and Team sofa took the lead...but too early still to call out a winner yet.

The Tiebreaker, and for the matter Round 15 as well, against Team Iconic has been the most enjoyable matchup I have had in a long time.

Regardless of who wins, props to Team Iconic.



Agreed.
Colonel FuegoFuego
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 pm
2

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby josko.ri on Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:38 am

Skillfull Croadians Set 2 versus Team Sofa:

Dubs: Battle of Actium, no spoils, no fog, no trench, chained
1. josko.ri, Skillfull

Trips: 2 times Hive: Flat rate, no fog, trench, chained
2. josko.ri, Astoriana, kjg21
3. josko.ri, Astoriana, Iang7

Quads:
USA 2,1: chained, fog, trench, no spoils
4. random21, Astoriana, kjg21, Iang7

Pot Mosbi: chained, fog, no trench, no spoils
5. josko.ri, Skillfull, kjg21, Iang7
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
3351396

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby benga on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:48 am

so Team Sofa and Dissension have posted their games.
I will sait until the Duck Hunters and Sausy Smurf & The Slippery post their before make any games.
I have time.
User avatar
Colonel benga
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Sausy Smurf and the Slippery Sleeveens (our actual name) home games with settings and players have been in for over a month. We've even triple checked to make sure they're correct in the sheet. What else do you need?

Dubs:
Dark Continent - Flat rate, chained fog - Fyrdraca and Robespierre__

Trips:
Baseball - Escalating, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf
Hive - No spoils, chained, sunny, trench - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf

Quads:
Rail Europe - Escalating, chained, fog - JPlo64, Fyrdraca, Conchobar and Robespierre__
AYBABTU - Flat rate, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, Conchobar, groovysmurf and Robespierre__
User avatar
Captain groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby josko.ri on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 pm

groovysmurf wrote:Sausy Smurf and the Slippery Sleeveens (our actual name) home games with settings and players have been in for over a month. We've even triple checked to make sure they're correct in the sheet. What else do you need?

Dubs:
Dark Continent - Flat rate, chained fog - Fyrdraca and Robespierre__

Trips:
Baseball - Escalating, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf
Hive - No spoils, chained, sunny, trench - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf

Quads:
Rail Europe - Escalating, chained, fog - JPlo64, Fyrdraca, Conchobar and Robespierre__
AYBABTU - Flat rate, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, Conchobar, groovysmurf and Robespierre__

these ones can be changed between sets if you want, but within the same 5 maps used.

So he is giving you the chance to change it if you wish.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
3351396

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:26 pm

josko.ri wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:Sausy Smurf and the Slippery Sleeveens (our actual name) home games with settings and players have been in for over a month. We've even triple checked to make sure they're correct in the sheet. What else do you need?

Dubs:
Dark Continent - Flat rate, chained fog - Fyrdraca and Robespierre__

Trips:
Baseball - Escalating, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf
Hive - No spoils, chained, sunny, trench - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf

Quads:
Rail Europe - Escalating, chained, fog - JPlo64, Fyrdraca, Conchobar and Robespierre__
AYBABTU - Flat rate, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, Conchobar, groovysmurf and Robespierre__

these ones can be changed between sets if you want, but within the same 5 maps used.

So he is giving you the chance to change it if you wish.

I assumed if we didn't specify a change, he would simply go with what we said. It makes no sense to wait.
User avatar
Captain groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby benga on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:21 am

I have noted and will proceed with this list.
User avatar
Colonel benga
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby hopalong on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:47 pm

groovysmurf wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:Sausy Smurf and the Slippery Sleeveens (our actual name) home games with settings and players have been in for over a month. We've even triple checked to make sure they're correct in the sheet. What else do you need?

Dubs:
Dark Continent - Flat rate, chained fog - Fyrdraca and Robespierre__

Trips:
Baseball - Escalating, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf
Hive - No spoils, chained, sunny, trench - Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf

Quads:
Rail Europe - Escalating, chained, fog - JPlo64, Fyrdraca, Conchobar and Robespierre__
AYBABTU - Flat rate, chained, fog - Fyrdraca, Conchobar, groovysmurf and Robespierre__

these ones can be changed between sets if you want, but within the same 5 maps used.

So he is giving you the chance to change it if you wish.

I assumed if we didn't specify a change, he would simply go with what we said. It makes no sense to wait.


So - which one of you is Saucy?
Image
User avatar
Colonel hopalong
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:15 am
Location: not sure ... but it feels kindof good.

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 am

hopalong wrote:So - which one of you is Saucy?

All of us, but PereiroSaus is the "Sausiest". :)
User avatar
Captain groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: The Championship Team (QF set 2)

Postby Mad777 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 am

Dear folks, Im gently coming back, I will check with benga on status and try to come back making games, it may take a bit for me to get my head back into it.

cheers
".....We are Groot!....."
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LoafOfBao, Puddleglum