Conquer Club

Age of Discoveries [24/10] [P5] [V9]

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Age of Discoveries [24/10] [P5] [V9]

Postby Armandolas on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 am

I will Add Both treaty lines in the next update. Thanks for the comments
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iancanton on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 pm

iancanton wrote:the spanish galleons did not sail directly from peru to filipinas. this is by far the longest sea journey and ought to be more difficult than an attack between adjacent land regions. can u delete that sea route and add one from peru to a second nueva espana port, one from nueva espana to guam (a new colony) and one from guam to filipinas?

Armandolas wrote:Iancanton.
That route is the route of Magalhaes who was the first person doing the "around the world thing"He was Portuguese but did it representing the Spanish crown.(then a panish guy finish that later on from filipinas)

I dont want to add anymore colonies. I know i can still fit a lot, but i clean maps. The map might allready sound "difficult" to people and i dont want to add any more visual complexity. I dont think an extra colony will add anything extra concerning gameplay.

i agree that trying to add guam will probably complicate things too much.

Armandolas wrote:Same with the pacific port for nueva espana, that makes sense as well, but unless im missing something, ships didnt reach that area. They went straight for indias.

the only time that a 16th-century spanish trading ship tried to sail directly westward from south america was the magalhaes (magellan, for english speakers) expedition. the next ship to try the direct westward route again was captained by the englishman, drake, over 50 years later. he did this to avoid spanish ships.

http://www.rmg.co.uk/explore/sea-and-sh ... s/magellan

What happened in the Pacific?
Magellan and his men suffered terrible hunger. They ran out of fresh food and many died of scurvy, an illness caused by a lack of the vitamin C found in fresh fruit and vegetables.

Tales about the terrible conditions endured by Magellan's men ensured that for more than 50 years no other sailors attempted a circumnavigation.

spanish galleons regularly sailed to filipinas only from nueva espana, as seen by the white lines on the map below. the blue lines are portuguese routes to asia.

i understand that u want to honour magalhaes by retaining his pacific route, even though it was used only once in 50 years. however, the journey across the pacific ocean to filipinas was slow and dangerous and the gameplay must make it more difficult than moving from, for example, peru to chile. one way to do this is to add a pacific ocean killer neutral region, to represent the storms, hunger and death that the sailors experienced.

Armandolas wrote:It does not make sense to me blocking brasil from other colonies with impassibles. I want them to be all connected by the priests and by the nobles. I want to have that mobility.

for spanish-portuguese balance, it makes perfect sense for impassable forest to protect peru and nueva granada against brazilian attack. just now, portuguese colonies have the freedom to attack all spanish colonies except three, while nearly all portuguese colonies are safe from direct attack by spanish colonies. it also makes historical sense from the map below. the huge green blob on the current age of discoveries map shouts "modern brazil" very loudly!

macken wrote:I think adding the line gives the map of historical detail that should not be overlooked.

Armandolas wrote:I will Add Both treaty lines in the next update.

excellent.

the larger v9 bonuses are an improvement on the v7 bonuses. although i assume that it's possible to gain more than one of each type of bonus, the wording is unclear because it does not say what happens if u have 2 pairs of resources or, for example, the clergy social class plus 3 priests, but we can fix that later.

Armandolas wrote:Portugal and Spain are playable. They just dont have the same icons of the colonies. Instead of having a priest they have Clergy, and so on. You can find that in top center of the map.The crown is the beggining of the route since it funds the expeditions, so if u hold portuguse crown it connects to cabo verde and spanish crown connects to cuba and riodelaplata, but only one way

i see it now! with the port symbol, it's much clearer than before.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:21 am

Any news on an update?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Armandolas on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 pm

No updates. Map foundry is dead
Colonel Armandolas

Postby t-o-m on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Armandolas wrote:No updates. Map foundry is dead

Damn!
Major t-o-m

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 pm

t-o-m wrote:

Damn!

that's what happens when you treat map makers like shit and throw them off the site when they speak up and refuse to give them back their maps... oh, wait... HI, t-o-m!!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby t-o-m on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:26 am

owenshooter wrote:
t-o-m wrote:

Damn!

that's what happens when you treat map makers like shit and throw them off the site when they speak up and refuse to give them back their maps... oh, wait... HI, t-o-m!!!-Jésus noir

Haha! I guess so. Seems like people have lost grasp of fun and games, which is why we're all here. It's a shame that something so creative had to be lost.
Major t-o-m

Postby owenshooter on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:56 pm

t-o-m wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
t-o-m wrote:

Damn!

Haha! I guess so. Seems like people have lost grasp of fun and games, which is why we're all here. It's a shame that something so creative had to be lost.

they ruined the forums, they ruined the foundry, they killed freestyle play and they ruined the clan world... not much left to do around here, except watch the numbers fall!!! we will always have the memories!!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby zimmah on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:12 pm

I just wanted to say if you need help with complicated XMLs I'm always willing to help.

I don't really like the simple maps but challenging XML codes are fun to write.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Armandolas on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:47 am

zimmah wrote:I just wanted to say if you need help with complicated XMLs I'm always willing to help.

I don't really like the simple maps but challenging XML codes are fun to write.

Thanks mate. I would definitely use your help.

If people like this map we should finish it
Colonel Armandolas

Postby djelebert on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:51 am

I like this map! :-)
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby DJENRE on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm

djelebert wrote:I like this map! :-)

Indeed!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:16 pm

finish it!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Previous

Return to Map Foundry