Conquer Club

Foundry Floor Retooled

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Foundry Floor Retooled

Postby RedBaron0 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Foundry Floor Retooled

==========================================================================================================================================================

New Leadership

Hey all, I'm RedBaron0, a generally quiet guy around the forums, but well-known in most Foundry circles. I've taken on the responsibility of reviving the Foundry and guiding into the future! thenobodies80 has moved on from his position here, and we gladly salute his contributions!!! In addition, moving on from the site in general is koontz1973, his contributions to the team cannot be understated, and we salute his efforts!

Streamlined Process

Even before thenobodies80 left we have been discussing the Foundry's process, and its more than a ponderous pace. We are going to do our best with that and streamline the process. The quality of the maps in the Foundry will NOT drop, however. We will still hold our mapmakers to our high standards. We will just be holding onto a little more of the power as far as deciding when a map is ready to continue onto the next stage. Let's not forget the remaining maps in the Foundry. There are a number of maps in the Beta stage, and many of those have been there for more than a while. Most are pretty close to being completed, and likely will be quenched in the up-coming weeks. There are a couple of little tweaks here and there, and everyone will be ready to go. I've just got to make sure everyone who is working on these maps are still around and willing to update their maps. Otherwise, I may need to make some decisions on some of these maps, possibly closing them.

New Toys

We have quite a few brand-new toys to play with in the Foundry, and we want these features to be utilized for the good of all players giving everyone the next generation of maps! In the coming weeks, we want to introduce a number of new ideas for the mapmakers to gnaw on and get into production. We have several new tools in the mapmaker's toolbox, and they haven't been used to this point. This is probably for lack of communication on our part as these new features haven't really been announced to the public at large up to this point. We both want to make sure that all new maps make a contribution to the site.

bigWham himself will also be involved in making decisions on which new projects will be developed. With over 250 maps already produced and in motion what CC needs is not more maps, but fresh, innovative maps. To help promote innovation we have some cool new features that give mapmakers a much expanded world of possibilities... we want to encourage people to use these new features as well as come up with great new ideas that stretch the limits and create exciting new gameplay alternatives: they are transformations and map staging. Both bigWham and I have a couple of ideas I want to try to utilize these new features.

Transformations: Gives the map maker rules to allow changing the ownership and army count of any territory, on any turn, based on the game situation. Link to details: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=183876&start=15#p4397767
    example of transformations: conditional auto-deploy, bombard, etc.

Stages: Allows maps to have multiple images, either in succession, or simultaneously. Allows the development of mega-maps, with many interconnected map images. Link to details: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=203937&start=25#p4472349
    example of stages: before and after flood, continental drift.

Lets get to work everyone!!!
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Re: Foundry Floor Retooled

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:53 am

Nice to see another face in the long line of Foundry Foreman. :) Buenas suerte.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby OliverFA on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Good to know that The Foundry continues to be in good hands with their new leader. May you have a long, successful and happy term as The Foundry leader. Best wishes.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Congratulations on making Foreman!

=D> =D> =D>
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby EBConquer on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm

This is great news... thanks for the announcement!
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Awoodness on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Alaska map is awesome. Please don't lose that one. thanks to all who make the maps. Truly impressive and I really appreciate being able to play them.
Major Awoodness

Postby RedBaron0 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Don't think anything will get lost, no worries. ;)

Thank you everybodies!
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby jonofperu on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Grats!
Those are some really awesome new tools. If only I could crank out the ideas that generate in my brain and produce maps! lol
Major jonofperu

Postby RjBeals on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:40 pm

congrats - and what awesome new map tools!
Private RjBeals

Postby Armandolas on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

After 3 months, where does the Foundry stands?
How are things going?
What are your plans to revive things.?How will you attract new mapmakers and people commenting on foundry maps(not on beta)?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Armandolas wrote:After 3 months, where does the Foundry stands?
How are things going?
What are your plans to revive things.?How will you attract new mapmakers and people commenting on foundry maps(not on beta)?

BELOW THE GD, AGAIN!!! FINALLY!!!! TAKE THAT, FOUNDRY!!!-Jésus noir™

p.s.-the black jesus kids... he loves you all...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Map Foundry